Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2010, 11:24 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Samurai Zombie - 04/07/2010 - FINISHED

Hello all! Like I said in the last comp, I'm sorry it's so late - I had a show to do at the weekend so I never really had time to do this. Anyways, here's this week's awesome prize...

Label: MVM
Release date: 19th July 2010
Release type: DVD
Certificate: tbc
Running time:
Pricing: £15.99
Genre: Eastern cinema
Director: Tak Sakaguchi

“GOOD NASTY FUN WITH GREAT ACTION SEQUENCES, ACTUAL PLOT TWISTS AND SMART, LIGHT-FINGERED CARTOON VIOLENCE.” – BOXOFFICE.COM

From screenwriter Ryuhei Kitamura (director of ‘The Midnight Meat Train’ and writer-director of ‘Versus’) and director Tak Sakaguchi (the star of ‘Versus’ and fight choreographer for ‘Tokyo Gore Police’ and ‘Vampire Girl Vs. Frankenstein Girl’) comes Samurai Zombie, a splatter-filled, genre blending, horror-comedy that delivers precisely what its title promises.

A vacationing family’s drive through the tranquil woods surrounding Eight Spears Village takes an unfortunate turn when their car hits a gun-toting man standing in the middle of the road. Suddenly, a young man and woman emerge from the woods and, after shooting the accident victim, proceed to car-jack the family taking them hostage in the process. The situation immediately goes from bad to worse when the car suffers a blowout and dad is sent off in search of a spare tyre or an alternative means of transport while his wife and two kids remain in the hands to the two apparent psychopaths.

Unfortunately, any sign of deliverance for dad, his family or their captors is a long way off. Before he can find help, a mysterious encounter with a rather large blade leaves the head of the family headless, precipitating a bloody rainfall and the resurrection of a long-dead samurai warrior with a mean streak and a score to settle. Meanwhile, back at the car, a derelict old hag appears before the stranded group with a dire but frighteningly convincing warning: “You’re all going to die!” Confirmation of this stark proclamation soon comes in the form of the undead warrior looking to add to his newly-begun collection of severed heads.

A highly recommended addition to the recent wave of Japanese extreme splatter movies, Samurai Zombie sees director Sakaguchi and writer Kitamura playing for laughs and shocks in equal measure with a joyously demented zombie flick that includes scenes of explosive geyser-spouting decapitations, hilariously graphic dismemberment, wince-inducing oral castration and the introduction of a pair of bumbling cops with an amusing case of serious gun envy. Size, it appears, is everything.

Samurai Zombie (cert. tbc) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by MVM on 19th July 2010.

HELL YEAH!

So how do you win it? Well, everyone here (probably) knows I ADORE ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And since this week's prize is a zombie film, well it's the perfect excuse for a zombie competiton.

All you have to do this week is create a zombie. EASY! But there's a twist. It has to be an original drawing. Either done on paper and scaned or whatever, or on Paint, etc. Whatever, as long as it's a picture drawn by you. The picture has to be off a zombie, ANY ZOMBIE, but I'm looking mainly for a unique type of zombie. We've had monk zombies, doctor zombies and even clown zombies so the more original the better.

And don't worry I'm not giving away the three prizes to the best artist! All those that enter will be put into a hat next sunday and three will be randomly drawn and will win the dvd. Simple!

So get doodling!

As always ANYONE can enter (although moderators are excluded from winning the prize) and you can enter as many times as you like - the more the merrier and the more chance you have off winning.

So, that's it. Draw a zombie, post it on this thread and prey.

Simples!

Good luck everyone!

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Samurai Zombie - 04/07/2010 - FINISHED-001.jpg   Weekly Comp - Samurai Zombie - 04/07/2010 - FINISHED-003.jpg  

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 6th July 2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 6th July 2010, 08:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Ghost town

Looks like you've hit the group's Achillee's Heel here Kyle! I've never seen a comp so deserted!
Old 6th July 2010, 10:39 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

I've found thy weakness! Mwahahahahah!

Ok, let's make it easier then. You don't have to draw one. How's that? Just come up with a unique zombie - go into details. What does it look like? A pregnant zombie with it's zombie baby stumbling along still attached via the umbilical cord.

Stuff like that.
Old 6th July 2010, 10:43 AM
Cultist

Oh boo, and I just drew one! I'm no artist but here is my McDonalds worker zombie, that I am sure we can all relate to. Or perhaps we can relate to the guy that shot him in the chest? *

* eat McDonalds!

Old 6th July 2010, 10:49 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ah wow, that's awesome Sec! Especially how he's still holding onto a bun Now that's a commited employee!

See I was hoping for a gallery of amazing zombie artwork like that, but you can write one up instead if you want.
Old 6th July 2010, 11:42 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Ok, let's make it easier then. You don't have to draw one. How's that? Just come up with a unique zombie - go into details. What does it look like?
A zombie in a wheelchair wearing a hospital gown holding onto reigns being pulled by two ferocious Zombie Dogs!
Old 6th July 2010, 04:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'll pass on this comp as im only getting used to my laptop after always using my PS3 browser so I havent sussed out how to that many things yet , drawing being one of them. Besides i'll not have much internet time this week as i've a lot on at the moment.

Good Luck to all...........Vip's.
Old 6th July 2010, 06:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's gonna take a bit of time putting pen to paper .. but I will give it a bloody gud go before Sunday!

Old 6th July 2010, 09:22 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Ok I have put my totally abismal drawing skills to work on Paint and have come up with a crudely drawn piece of art entitled.

Chainsaw Weilding Cult-Labs Zombie
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Samurai Zombie - 04/07/2010 - FINISHED-zombie.jpg  
Old 6th July 2010, 10:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

wayne rooney zombie, because they seemed to play like zombies...
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Samurai Zombie - 04/07/2010 - FINISHED-dsc01192.jpg  

Like this? Share it using the links below!