Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2010, 10:53 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Horde - 12/09/2010 - FINISHED

Helloooooo! Welcome to another Weekly Comp with a super great prize to give away. It's none other than the new French zombie-gorefest The Horde!

Label: Momentum Pictures
Release date: 20th September 2010
Release type: DVD
Certificate: tbc
Running time: 93 mins
Pricing: £15.99
Genre: Horror
Director: Yannick Dahan & Benjamin Rocher
Stars: Claude Perron, Eriq Ebouaney, Aurelien Recoing, Doudou Masta

“AN INTENSE BLAST OF ZOMBIE MAYHEM!” – BILLY CHAINSAW, BIZARRE MAGAZINE.

Assault On Precinct 13’ meets ‘Dawn Of The Dead’ in The Horde, the latest addition to the ever-rising wave of superlative French horror cinema. Winner of the International Fantasy Film Awards for Best Screenplay and Best Cinematography at the 2010 Fantasporto International Film Festival, this impressive debut feature from writing-directing team Yannick Dahan and Benjamin Rocher is a must-see for zombie movie fans, not least because it features some of the most awesome, edge-of-your-seat, close-combat human versus zombie beat-downs ever committed to film.

When a high-ranking and well-respected police detective is found murdered by a gang of homicidal mobsters, a small group of his closest colleagues on the force take it upon themselves to avenge his death vigilante-style. Heavily armed and determined to see justice done, they manage to infiltrate the upper floors of the suburban high-rise apartment block that serves as the criminals’ hideout. But during the raid things go wrong and the cops find themselves overcome by the gang, who take them prisoner and begin to torture them.

Meanwhile, one ground level, the gang’s lookout men become aware of a strange disturbance in the streets immediately surrounding the building, with the sounds of explosions and sirens filling the air. Incredibly, it becomes apparent that the commotion is being caused by ever-growing crowds of crazed people with a hunger for human flesh. It’s not long before the gang of criminals and their captive cops realize they are trapped together on the top floor of an unfortified building that is becoming rapidly infested with blood-thirsty legions of the living dead. Their only chance of making it to ground level and getting out of the situation alive is to join forces, but with their numbers dwindling and each side having a score to settle, the odds of survival really don’t look good for anyone with a pulse.

Starring Claude Perron (Chrysalis; Amelie), Eriq Ebouaney (Thirst; Transporter 3), Aurelien Récoing (Intimate Enemies) and Doudou Masta (Arthur And The Minimoys), The Horde is an action-packed, axe-swinging, gun-toting, ass-kicking zombie flick that pulls out all the stops to breathe refreshing new life into the genre.

The Horde (cert. 18, tbc) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by Momentum Pictures on 20th September 2010. Special Features include: ‘Making of’ featurette; ‘Rivoallan’ (9-minute short film); zombie concept art; storyboards; teaser trailer; Easter Egg – rehearsal of a scene.

But how do you win?!

Well this week I thought since BB is officially over, let's do a CLBBWC - Cult Labs Big Brother Weekly Comp

This comp will involve group tasks and secret missions as well as, maybe, nominations (I have to figure it all out first).

But to join in all you have to do for now, is say you'd like to take part below. We'll kick this comp off sometime tomorrow most probably

Kyle

(My internet's being unbelievably rubbish today, so I'll make the comp more...pretty with pictures later.)
Old 12th September 2010, 10:58 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I'm in!!

"Contestant number 1 has entered the house"
Old 12th September 2010, 11:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

How can I resist.
Old 12th September 2010, 01:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Count me in as well.

Hello & Good Luck to my fellow Housemates.
Old 12th September 2010, 02:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm in. Sounds fun!

No virtual jacuzzi though please...

I'm also demanding audio updates with Kyle doing his best BB voice.
Old 12th September 2010, 02:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Count me in.

Who wins you decide!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 12th September 2010, 04:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Count me in .... I am a glutten for punishment! Eeeek, I aint signing up for starring in the New Serbian Film am I?

Old 12th September 2010, 04:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hey Im in....
Old 12th September 2010, 09:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What the hell. Count me in. If I lose the plot anywhere I'll just vote myself out.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 12th September 2010, 09:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Don't worry no-one will be humiliated or lose their mind. Just make sure no one brings in a glass bottle *shiver*

Like this? Share it using the links below!