Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2010, 12:31 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Frozen - 10/10/10 - FINISHED

This comp makes perfect sense to me - I've got a ruddy cold. So, to be in with a chance of winning some snot and...

Here's all you need to know...

Label: Mementum
Release Date 18th October 2010
Release type: DVD, Blu-ray
Certificate: 15
Running time: 93 minutes

Pricing: £15.99 (DVD), £19.99 (Blu-ray)
Genre: Horror
Director: Adam Green
Stars: Shawn Ashmore, Kevin Zegers, Emma Bell, Rileah Vanderbilt, Kane Hodder

“THE SCARIEST PIECE OF SURVIVAL HORROR SINCE ‘JAWS’ ATTACKED OUR SCREENS.” – BIZARRE.

Following its critically acclaimed UK theatrical release that saw it earning Five Star reviews from the Daily Mirror and Screen Jabber and Four Star reviews from the Daily Telegraph, the Financial Times, Metro, Bizarre, Sky Movies and Yahoo Movies amongst others, Frozen comes to DVD and Blu-ray on 18th October 2010 courtesy of Momentum Pictures.

The latest shocker from writer-director Adam Green (Hatchet; Spiral) and producer Peter Block (the Saw movies; Daybreakers; Crank; Rambo), the film has been hailed as “a real chiller” (Daily Star), “a tour de force of suspense and horror” (Financial Times), “terrifying enough to make even the most enthusiastic skier think twice about getting on a chairlift again” (Daily Star Sunday) and “one of the most intense shockers of recent years” (Dazed & Confused).

Frozen stars Shawn Ashmore (the X-Men trilogy), Kevin Zegers (Dawn Of The Dead) and Emma Bell (Death In Love; New York City Serenade) as a trio of twenty-somethings – best friends Joe Lynch (Ashmore) and Dan Walker (Zegers), plus Dan’s girlfriend Parker O’Neil (Bell) – hoping to spend some quality time skiing and snowboarding in the picturesque resort of Mount Holliston. But a typical day on the slopes turns into a chilling nightmare when they find themselves unexpectedly stranded on a chairlift shortly after the ski resort closes for the week. Unknowingly left dangling high above the ground and with no apparent safe way down as night begins to set in, with increasing panic they soon realize that the threats of frostbite and hypothermia are the least of their worries.

Forced to take extremely desperate measures in order to survive the bitter cold, overcome unexpected obstacles and attempt to reach safety, the three friends are driven to ask not only if they have the will to survive but also to consider what are the worst ways to die.

Co-starring Rileah Vanderbilt (Hatchet; Spiral) and horror-genre fan favourite Kane Hodder (Jason from the ‘Friday the 13th’ movies), Frozen is an effective, nail-biting experience that will keep viewers on the edges of their seats until its final frame.

Frozen (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£15.99) and Blu-ray (£19.99) by Momentum Pictures on 18th October 2010.

Special Features include: audio commentary by writer-director Adam Green and stars Shawn Ashmore, Kevin Zegers and Emma Bell; ‘Catching Frostbite: The Origins of Frozen’; ‘Three Below Zero’; ‘Shooting Through It’; ‘Beating the Mountain: Surviving Frozen’; Deleted Scenes; Trailer.

Additional extras exclusive to the Blu-ray include: audio commentary by cinematographer Will Barratt and editor Ed Marx; Deleted Scenes with audio commentary; ‘Chair 92’.

So how do you win it? Well, all the details will be posted up in just a mo. In the meantime, here's the film's official trailer;

Kyle
Old 10th October 2010, 12:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ok, so here's how to win...

Below are 5 well-known characters who have been frozen (see what I did there, FROZEN!) in ice. All you have to do is guess who they are. Once you think you have them, simply PM (Private Message) me your answers. If your stuck, I'll give you a hint to help you out. So here they are...

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

GOOD LUCK!
Old 10th October 2010, 03:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

This is tough! I can only make out 2 & 3. I can barely see any shapes in the others.
Old 10th October 2010, 04:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
This is tough! I can only make out 2 & 3. I can barely see any shapes in the others.
Look closer and you shall see.
Old 10th October 2010, 04:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought this was a colour blindness test.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 10th October 2010, 04:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
I thought this was a colour blindness test.
It's like the ones you used to get at school!
Old 10th October 2010, 07:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think ive got 4 but ill post answers later in wk when im 100 percent sure and got the other 1
Old 10th October 2010, 08:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
It's like the ones you used to get at school!
And one was always just colours but no shape to identify!

I can see shapes in all of these but I can only name two so far.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 10th October 2010, 09:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think I have 3 of them but can't make out much else, especially #5.
Old 11th October 2010, 04:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I think I know all but two.

Like this? Share it using the links below!