Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2010, 04:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Fulci's Box Of Terror - 17/10/2010 - FINISHED

Hello everyone,

Once again, sorry for the lateness of this competition. So, without any further delay, here's what you can win this week...

This week's prize is the (slightly controversial!) Shameless release of Fulci's Box Of Terror complete with a whole host of previously released Fulci DVDs in one...box!

SHAM028: Fulci's Box of Terror is a triple bill of sex, violence and insanity from the Godfather of Gore: New York Ripper (longest ever UK release), Manhattan Baby and The Black Cat, released together for the first time ever. Awesome box artwork too.

So what if you already own them? Now you can complete your collection without having to fork out money!

But how do you win I hear you scream? Well, lately I've been getting back into the paranormal, namely Slender Man. You may have heard of him - it's a completly fictious character that started on a forum competition and has since became somewhat of a legend - fake 'sightings' appearing in photos, stories and videos (check out the Marble Hornets page on Youtube for a sleepless night).

So, inspired (riping-off) that idea, all you have to do to win is create your own paranormal hoax. Obviously this won't be anything compared to the original forum competition so just have some fun with it. The winners will be selected by me next sunday based on who's is the creepiest and most realistic.

I'm looking for photoshopped pictures/stories/videos/whatever. Use your imagination and have some fun!

Below I've attached my own picture. The friend in the middle hadn't previously heard of Slender Man (and how fake it actually is) so is now suffering from sleepless nights. Mwahahaha! Look in the back window and you'll see it.

Good luck!

Kyle

Edit: I'll post that picture up in a bit - for some reason it's appearing really small as an attachment.
Old 18th October 2010, 04:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

This one's a hard one, but I want that box!
Old 18th October 2010, 05:01 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

It doesn't have to be a photo, Argentofan. Could be just a short paragraph - maybe even a sketch of the 'encounter' you had?
Old 18th October 2010, 05:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
It doesn't have to be a photo, Argentofan. Could be just a short paragraph - maybe even a sketch of the 'encounter' you had?
Ohh, I'll write a story. I've actually seen a ghost, I'll write about that.
Old 18th October 2010, 05:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Here's my story:

Everyone knows that feeling. When you see something in the corner of your eye, what was it? It was probably nothing right? Just your imagination? Well, I used to think that.
I used to live in a large field in South Wales, nothing around us for miles. We were pretty isolated and had to drive at least 2 hours to get to the nearest shop. The house me and my parents lived in was apparently 200 odd years old and used to be a jail. This would explain the basement, which was stone walled, and separated into cell-like sections. Anyway... I used to get left on my own a lot while my parents went out for the night. My room was the basement.
It was fairly dark in the basement cause there was no windows and only my lights. I remember I was watching The Amityville Horror. I remember this because I haven’t been able to watch the original version ever since. I had my own sofa and was lying down, in the dark with just the light from my TV. There was a stair set going up to the first floor of the house in the corner of my eye. It had a lightbulb that was on but it only really lit up the stairs. Anyway, I was watching The Amityville Horror, I remember it was on the part where the priest was getting attacked by flies. When, in the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow. I thought nothing of it... but as time went by, the shadow kept appearing in the corner of my eye, never when I was looking straight at the stairs, only in the corner of my eye.
As the night went on, it was getting more and more frequent. I jokingly said “come in! Don’t stand by the stairs.” When I heard I faint mumbling noise. Now I was freaked out. I eventually shook it off and returned to watching the film, but again, in the corner of my eye, was the shadow. Only this time, it was blocking out the whole of the light that was on the stairs. I looked over to the stairs, and I’ll never forget what I saw. A pair of black, kind of smoke like legs walking up the stairs, making footsteps and walking quite slow. It reached the top of the stairs, I heard the mumbling once again, then the legs disappeared, but.. the door opened with such force, only to SLAM shut. I think it’s safe to say that I wasn’t sleeping in the basement anymore.

Might write another one too, but I'll make that one up.
Old 19th October 2010, 10:45 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Wow. I might have some real video of a ghost somewhere. I'll dig it out.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:03 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Slender Man appeared in my toast this morning!!! Argh!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 19th October 2010, 09:15 PM
Cultist in Training

Don't know about 'Slender Man' but I keep getting a recurring image when I look in the mirror of a fat man - now that really is scary!!!
Old 20th October 2010, 08:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Was taking pics of my new Blurays when I suddenly felt a chill. Didn't think much of it at the time. Then I looked at my photos
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Fulci's Box Of Terror - 17/10/2010 - FINISHED-picture-404.jpg  
Old 21st October 2010, 06:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The London Eye Ghost

The London Eye is known as one of London's most modern tourist attractions however not so widely known is that it's actually haunted.During construction of the London Eye one worker named Dave fell to his death and and on the way down hit several obstacles not leaving much of Dave left and what there was literally spread around.

Several efforts were to made to gather as much body matter of Dave as they could so they could properly bury him but that proved a nearly impossible task so they buried what they could acquire and held a private service for Dave.However anyone who worked that day knew never left the site in body nor in spirit. Rumours among workers quickly spread while others saying just mentioning Dave was considered bad luck.After the London Eye was finally erected and operational several claims by visitors seeing a ghostly figure in their capsule as well as passer bys along the Victoria Embankment have said they have seen a male ghost aboard the London Eye.Cleaning staff and workers have also said to have seen Dave after hours.Management has told staff if anyone mentions Dave they would be terminated on the spot but every employee has atleast one Dave Story/Encounter
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Fulci's Box Of Terror - 17/10/2010 - FINISHED-london-eye.jpg  

Like this? Share it using the links below!