Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2010, 07:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

For me it was the Paul Daniels Magic Set - with some embarrassment, I have to confess I was a big Paul Daniels fan and this was sitting at the top of my Christmas list some time in the mid/late 80's. I'm sure it was a long Christmas for my family tollerating all those naff magic tricks
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED-paul-daniels-magic-set.jpg  
Old 13th December 2010, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Xmas 1981 ... this was the year that changed my life!!!

Getting one of these puppies is the main reason I am typing on this forum 30 years later!

I remember Mum and Dad hiring The Exorcist and Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Xmas day .... ah bliss!

Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED-vcr81.jpg
Old 13th December 2010, 08:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Lots of awesome looking pressies we've got so far. I like that Monster Face kit - may have to track one down!

Sam, you were a magician?! Me too! I used to have loads of kiddy magic tricks - even a Paul Daniels kit. I mean TONNES of magic kits Yeah, I was (am) a freak.

What could be better than a night of dismemberment via chainsaws on a snowy Christmas? Very little, me thinks.

Never even seen anything Micronaughts related - looks like fun!

As for JunkMonkey - your pics not working Try posting it up again.

Oh, and obviously you can enter as many times as you wish.
Old 13th December 2010, 08:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Oooh the horror head has just reminded me of this!

Movie Tv Horror Make-Up

With "Flex Flesh" ... you had to mix it with hot water and pour it into the molds to make scars etc .... boy it smelled lovely too!

Heaven!

And no folks, I am not still wearing it!! Bah, you lot!!!

Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED-horror-make-up-kit-2.jpg
Old 13th December 2010, 08:49 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ooooh. Looks very cool - but did they actually work?
Old 13th December 2010, 08:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I can hardly call myself Dick Smith K ... (maybe Dick Sargent!) but yeah the kit was kinda impressive! If you didn't let the scars dry out too much they were impressive. The kit came with glue, grease paint, powder .. vampire teeth (of course!) and blood. I was well chuffed with it mate. I bet you can still get it!

Old 13th December 2010, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post

Never even seen anything Micronaughts related - looks like fun!
There was also a US Marvel comic which I have load of and rumour is JJ Abrams is going to produce a movie!

K.. onto the next one and it's an all-time classic..

THE BINATONE TV GAME!!!!

Came with a gun and everything! Was great on our old black and white TV. Nothing like a bit of paddle tennis with bleeps for sound fx..

Not my own pic unfortunately. I'll have to check my parents loft when I get back to see if we still have it but I doubt it. It really is a piece of history.
Old 13th December 2010, 09:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It's all flooding back to me now ... I remember getting a Tomy-tronic one year (the racing game). It seemed really hi-tech at the time but it was the most dull and repetetive experience with blocky LCD cars coming towards you at an increasing pace. I spent hours with my head glued onto that thing which I'm sure mustn't have been good for my eyes (who said that )
Attached Images

Old 13th December 2010, 09:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's all flooding back to me now ... I remember getting a Tomy-tronic one year (the racing game). It seemed really hi-tech at the time but it was the most dull and repetetive experience with blocky LCD cars coming towards you at an increasing pace. I spent hours with my head glued onto that thing which I'm sure mustn't have been good for my eyes (who said that )
Woah! I had something very similar to that when I was a kid too. It was huge compared to that, you'd stick it on your head (no hands!) and drive with a steering wheel attached. I can't remember for the life of me what it was called - big, dark blue, racing. It was kinda rubbish though tbh, and as heavy as an elephant.

Sarg, that looks interesting! Cant say I've ever seen one of those before - something similar, again.
Old 13th December 2010, 09:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Going off on a tangent here a bit, but I used to pray I would never wake up Xmas morning and remove the wrapping paper to reveal this!

The stuff of my childhood nightmares!!

Don't really know why I am posting this now! I won't sleep tonight!

Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED-hugobox.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!