Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2010
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th December 2010, 09:32 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Basilisk Complete Collection - 12/12/10 - FINISHED

First off all, sorry this is so late in the day, guys. Been super busy essaying...well trying to essay.

Anyways, this week I'm giving away some more Manga/Anime films. The one a few weeks ago seemed to go down pretty well, and there's not much else I could give away to be honest, so yeah. Here's all the info. Enjoy!

Basilisk Complete Collection

Label: MVM
Release date: 13th December 2010
Release type: DVD
Certificate: 15
Running time: Ages

Pricing: £39.99
Genre: Anime

The Kouga and the Iga, two ninja clans with four hundred years of hostilities between them, meet at the request of Lord Ieyasu. There they learn that the peace forced upon them is to be broken by the whim of royalty, and that the outcome of this battle will determine the next Shogun. The passions of the past quickly reignite as two scrolls are sent out into the night.

Ill-fated is this event indeed, for lovers stand with hands entwined as travesty approaches on the wings of a hawk. Reared from birth as sworn enemies, Gennosuke and Oboro, each the heir of these rival clans, seek lasting peace between their peoples. But the terms have been set, and two lists seal their destinies. Two lists from which a name can only be crossed out in blood.

No mercy will be spared to the enemy.

Unfortionatly there's no trailer for this release, HOWEVER there's a rather cool fan-made video, complete with cliche song! Horray!

But how do you win?

Weellll....

Christmas is just around the corner (No shit, sherlock) - so what better time to get all nostaligic.

All you have to do is (below) post a present you desperatly wanted as a kid, or a present you got as a kid that was beyond awesome. From Power Ranger figures to video games to a pony. Whatever it may be, simply post up a picture of it (if you need help with this, dont hessitate to ask) and maybe a little about it.

Hopefully we can have some fun with this, reminising about the 'good ol' days'

Good luck!

Oh, I'm not too sure how many prizes will be up for grabs with this one as the prize this week is pretty expensive - but I'll get back to you on that one.

GOOD LUCK (again),

Kyle

Edit: SIX DISCS! Holy cheescake! This is an awesome prize!
Old 12th December 2010, 10:01 PM
Cultist

I remember wanting a kiddies supermarket checkout for a hell of a long time. I couldn't find the one comparable to what I eventually got - mine was "huge" with big red shelves, lot's of "cans" of food with labels like Kambles Soup and Haynz Beans haha. It had a conveyer checkout, trolley and cash register. Seriously it was the best present EVER.

Old 12th December 2010, 10:07 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Enjoyable and educational! I wonder how many people had a similar set? I know I never - that I can think of. Probably explains my passion for pot noodle.

P.S. That girl sure looks happy. What type of cake is that?!
Old 12th December 2010, 10:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sorry for the huge image.

Funny how Kyle mentioned Power Rangers figures because that is exactly the first present I thought of. I was 10 years old when I received my figures from my Dad for Christmas. At the time I was obsessed with the series and my Brother and I got these along with some of the bad guys too.
At the time my Dad lived on a boat house and it was our first Christmas staying on the boat, it really was the best day ever until I accidentally dropped my Tommy figurine over the edge of the boat. I cried for days

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 12th December 2010, 10:50 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Just for you...

Old 12th December 2010, 11:36 PM
Cultist in Training

For me, it would have to be a Mr Frosty - that was a freaking sweet present to get.

One that I always wanted but never actually got was a proper Scalextric set - still never had a proper one so may just have to rectify this soon with my daughters - they can be for girls right?

A bit late in the day for pics etc, so will post more info tomorrow.
Old 12th December 2010, 11:42 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
One that I always wanted but never actually got was a proper Scalextric set - still never had a proper one so may just have to rectify this soon with my daughters - they can be for girls right?
Of course! Just stick a 'my little pony' on the car and bob's your uncle!
Old 12th December 2010, 11:54 PM
Cultist

I so desperately wanted one of these Zero X from the 1st Thunderbirds movie Thunderbirds Are Go! (ok, I'm old.)

zxbox[1] by the_junk_monkey, on Flickr

(This is a modern repro of the original I can't find a pic of the old one)

Last edited by JunkMonkey; 13th December 2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 13th December 2010, 02:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

By far the best toy I ever got was this:

MICRONAUTS STRATASTATION

http://www.innerspaceonline.com/stratastation.htm

Also had the Mobile Exploration Lab and a bunch of extra Micronauts that were 99p each at the local toy shop then. Never got any of the big Micronauts figures though. Sad thing is I still have them in my parents' loft...

Who needs Transformers! Micronauts was where it was at.. well, until they folded a few years later..

As for Scalextrix, I had a set that my dad built up over the years with bits of used track but we never had any room to build a good track. My dad kept saying he'd convert the loft but never got round to it...
Old 13th December 2010, 03:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

What a fun comp! For me, it would have to be Monster Face. As a young horror fan growing up, I wanted this toy for Christmas so desperately much. I still remember the commercial with the green ooze coming from the skull. I'm not sure why but I never did get it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!