Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2011, 09:03 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Shock Labyrinth - 16/01/11 - with special guest Masdawg! - FINISHED

Hello everyone!

Welcome to another weekly competition! This week though it's all getting spiced up a bit - keeping it fresh. This week's competition is going to be run primarily by Masdawg who was the winner of the last compettion! Horray! So, ladies and gentlemen give it up for Masdawg! Be kind to him.

And here's what you can win this week...

Label: Chelsea Films
Release date: 31st January 2011
Format DVD
Certificate: 15
Running time: 93 mins

Pricing: £14.99 (DVD)
Genre: Horror, Ghost story
Director: Takashi Shimizu
Stars: Yuya Yagira, Ai Maeda, Suzuki Matsuo, Ryo Katsuji, Shoichiro Masumoto

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ‘THE GRUDGE’ COMES J-HORROR’S FIRST EVER LIVE-ACTION 3D SHOCKER.

Japanese master of horror Takashi Shimizu, the writer-director and overall creative force behind the nerve-shredding and hugely successful ‘Ju-on/The Grudge’ franchise, takes J-Horror into a brand new era with the spooky and mysterious Shock Labyrinth 3D, which comes to DVD in January 2011 and features both the 2D and 3D versions of Shimizu’s latest spine chiller complete with two pairs of 3D glasses.

Directed by Shimizu and based on the world’s largest walk-through ‘haunted house’, The Haunted Hospital attraction situated at the world famous Fuji-Q Highland theme park, Shock Labyrinth 3D is the first Japanese film shot in HD Digital 3D (and J-Horror’s first ever live action 3D movie) and stars some of Japanese cinema’s hottest acting talents, including Ai Maeda (Death Note: The Last Name), Suzuki Matsuo (Robo-Geisha) and Shoichiro Masumoto (Goemon; Ichi; Tokyo Gore Police).

When a small group of young friends spending the day at a theme park near the foot of Mount Fuji sneak into the park’s haunted house attraction after hours, the innocent children’s escapade results in the mysterious disappearance of one of them, Yuki.

On a rainy evening ten years later, Yuki inexplicably reappears, turning up at the apartment of one of the girls who was present when she disappeared. Yuki is soon reunited with her friends but shortly afterwards collapses and the group rushes her to a nearby hospital where they are unable to find anyone to treat their friend. With little option but to wait in the hospital, they begin to look for help but soon find things are not as they seem. As the night wears on, the friends begin to relive the events from a decade ago and soon come face to face with the terrible truth behind Yuki’s disappearance.

With the highly entertaining Shock Labyrinth 3D, Shimizu expertly combines a series of striking 3D visuals with his trademark filmmaking style to create a foreboding atmosphere and sense of unease that permeates the film until its final, alarming revelation.

Shock Labyrinth(cert. tbc) will be released on DVD (£14.99) by Chelsea Films on 31st January 2011.

And so now I pass you into the hands of Masdawg.

Take it away!

Kyle
Old 16th January 2011, 10:47 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Hello everyone!!
Okay...here goes!:

Being that Shock Labyrinth is a both a J-Horror and a 3D movie, I thought I'd theme this weeks comp around those two points.
The comp is in 2 parts. Part one is a mini-quiz and Part two is a "guess the movie from the picture" section.
Once you think you have all the correct answers, simply send me a PM with your answers and you are entered into the comp! Winners will be the three with the most correct answers, or as always, if more than three get all the answers right, winners will be drawn from random.
Like Kyle, I can always try and offer clues if they are needed.
One last thing: please do not post answers / hints via this thread as it just ruins it for everyone!

Part One:
1) What is often considered the first J-Horror movie?
2) One episode of Masters Of Horror has never been shown on Showtime due to its content. What was the episode called, and which Japanese filmmaker directed it?
3) Name 3 J-Horror films which have had American remakes.
4) Which Japanese film did Charlie Sheen believe was an actual snuff movie?
5) What is Japan's highest ever grossing horror movie?

Part Two:
The following pictures are all taken from J-Horror films. Can you see behind the 3D Glasses and guess which movies the following stills are from?
(Answers are the name of the films, not the actors pictured!)
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Good luck everyone!!

[EDIT] : Due to work commitments and to hopefully make Sunday run a bit more smoothly for eveyone, I've decided to set just a few time restrictions:
- Cut off point for help with questions will be: MIDNIGHT Saturday night.
- Cut off point for final answers will be MIDDAY Sunday.
Winners will be announced shortly after!

Cheers guys!
Michael

Last edited by masdawg; 18th January 2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 17th January 2011, 12:35 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Think you've done Kyle proud there!

Sending my answers over now!
Old 17th January 2011, 03:52 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

You certainly have Masdawg. You da man! brilliant questions and awesome pictures to boot

Get stuck in guys - good luck!

(This is all very surreal )
Old 17th January 2011, 03:57 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

So do you finally get to enter a quiz yourself then Iluv??
Old 17th January 2011, 04:08 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Damn it! You've seen through my evil genius plan!
Old 17th January 2011, 08:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Great comp Mas!!
I love me J Horror

kyle it was easy to see through your plan!!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 17th January 2011, 08:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well done Mas!

Good luck to everyone!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th January 2011, 11:53 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I've just found out I can back up all my PMs in one fell swoop, so I have some PM space again now!
I've replied to everyone who has PM'd me so far now - so let me know if you havn't heard back yet!

I've also added some time restrictions for Help Requests and Final Entries, just to help things run a bit smoother on Sunday:
- Cut off point for help with questions will be: MIDNIGHT Saturday night (This is so I can reply to everyone and give them enough time to use the hints to their advantage before the comp finishes!)
- Cut off point for final answers will be MIDDAY Sunday (This is because comps always finish on a Sunday...and I start work at 2pm )
Winners will be announced shortly after Midday Sunday!
Old 19th January 2011, 09:33 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Excellent quiz! Must remember to submit my entry before the deadline (currently stuck on 2 of the photos)

Like this? Share it using the links below!