Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th March 2011, 10:13 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Beyond - 06-03-2011 - FINISHED

Hello everybody!

Fancy winning one of the greatest zombie films of all time on a smashing Arrow Video DVD or Blu-Ray? You'd be stupid not to! This week I have three copies of The Beyond up for grabs! Here's everything you need to know to win...

(That's The Beyond for those not fluent in Italian! )

Label: Arrow Video
Release date: 14th March 2011
Release type: DVD, Blu-ray
Certificate: 18
Pricing: £19.99 (DVD), £24.99 (Blu-ray)
Genre: Horror
Director: Lucio Fulci
Stars: Catriona MacColl, David Warbeck

ONLY DEATH AWAITS IN THE BEYOND!

Lucio Fulci’s masterpiece of face-chewing spider action, milky-eyed psychics, face melting embalming fluid and rotted, flesh-crazed Zombies returns in all its blood splattered, surreal and grossly disturbing glory for a new generation of horror kids!

If your new business venture is sited on the cursed gateway to the hell dimension of The Beyond, then maybe it’s time to move elsewhere, but Liza (Catriona MacColl) is determined to make her New Orleans hotel work, until strange things start happening. People vanish and her waking thoughts are haunted by a ghostly blind woman who seems to hold the answers to the whole bizarre fever-dream. As reality breaks down and the plot explodes, Liza must journey far from everything she understands and descend into The Beyond...

The Beyond is Fulci’s zombie masterwork as he assaults his audience with shock after head spinning shock, all the while leading up to one of horror cinemas most heart stopping finales. The Beyond drives sane men mad and leads others to murder. Dare you step over to the other side?

The Beyond (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£19.99) and Blu-ray (£24.99) by Arrow Video on 14th March 2011.

Special Features

Four option reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork; -double-sided fold-out poster; collector’s booklet featuring an introduction to the film by Eli Roth, director of “Cabin Fever”, “Hostel” and “Hostel Part II”; “Beyond Bombast” – an interview with Al Cliver by author and critic Calum Waddell; reprints of original lobby cards, stills and behind the scenes photographs from the collection of star, David Warbeck; introduction by star Cinzia Monreale; audio commentary by Antonella Fulci and Calum Waddell; audio commentary by David Warbeck and Catriona MacColl; “AKA Sarah Keller: Cinzia Monreale remembers The Beyond”; Catriona MacColl Q&A from the Glasgow Film Theatre; Open Your Eyes Easter Egg; “One Step Beyond: Catriona MacColl Remembers a Spaghetti Splatter Classic”; “Beyond Italy – Louis Fuller and the Seven Doors of Death” – interview with US distributor and editor of ‘The Beyond’ Terry Levene; “Butcher, Baker and Zombiemaker” – The Living Dead Legacy of special effects wizard Gianetto Di Rossi; “Fulci Flashbacks” – Dario Argento, Daria Nicolodi, Sergio Stivaletti, Antonella Fulci and others remember The Godfather of Gore; alternative colour pre-credits sequence; original International Trailer; English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and original English and Italian mono audio options.

And here's the trailer...

So how do you win?!

Well.......

Below is a video I put together a couple of days ago. It's a montage celebrating all things horror! Took me flipping ages to make so you guys better enjoy it! All you have to do is PM me (don't write it here, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME instead), as many of the films you recognise in the montage. There's quite a lot in there as you'll soon see. The three people to get the most films correct will win this DVD or Blu-Ray! Horray!

A few key rules:

- No clues will be given this week, since it's a matter of who gets the most films correct.

- You don't have to submit your answers all at once, you've got a whole week to do it, so if you suddenly think of some answers a few days later, just PM me those

- Enjoy it!

Here's the video...

(the quality isn't that great for some reason, but it'll do)

Good luck Labbers!

Kyle
Old 6th March 2011, 10:19 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oh and also if the film title is a sequel, you'll need to state which one
Old 6th March 2011, 10:26 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Cor, good effort this week! Gonna have a sit down with a cup of tea later today and go through the video again, making notes along the way
Old 6th March 2011, 10:58 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Yeah, it may take a couple of viewings!
Old 6th March 2011, 11:02 AM
Cultist in Training

Aw man, i dont think ive seen nearly enough of these to have a chance this week. Ah well, should be fun to do anyway
Old 6th March 2011, 11:03 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Give it a go mate. You might be surprised at how many you know. Some are super obscure, but there's a lot of well-known horrors in there. Good luck Cabbage!
Old 6th March 2011, 11:03 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Kyle, that is some awesome work there. I think I know about half and the other half I really want to know cos some of those films look awesome. Can't wait to find out the whole list next week so I can put them all on my rental list

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 6th March 2011, 11:06 AM
Cultist in Training

Cheers Kyle, my worry is that i'll only know the well known ones. I'll probably PM you some in half an hour or so.
Old 6th March 2011, 11:09 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Cheers Ant! I'll be sure to post up all the correct answers next sunday
Old 6th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cabbage View Post
Cheers Kyle, my worry is that i'll only know the well known ones. I'll probably PM you some in half an hour or so.
Looking forward to it mate. You have all week to guess the others if you wish

Like this? Share it using the links below!