Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th March 2011, 11:48 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Sharktopus! - 13/03/2011 - FINISHED

Hello!

Quick get out of the water! Get off the land! Don't even attempt to fly! There's a new monster on the loose. What's worse than a killer shark? How about a freaking Sharktopus!

So, grab a weapon and hide your kids because this week's prize is non other than the academy award winning *cough* yeah right *cough*, absolutly terrifying *cough* yeah right *cough*...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Chomp.

^ My impression of a person being eaten by the Sharktopus.

So here's all the info:

HALF SHARK. HALF OCTOPUS. ALL KILLER.

Eric Roberts (The Expendables; Heroes), Sara Malakul Lane (Belly Of The Beast) and US TV host and former Miss USA Shandi Finnessey head up the cast of Sharktopus, the latest sci-fi horror creature-feature from legendary B-movie producer Roger Corman and director Declan O’Brien (Wrong Turn 3: Left For Dead).

Roberts stars as Nathan Sands, an egotistical bio-genetics genius who, along with his daughter Nicole, has developed a hybrid half-shark/half-octopus for use by the US military. Code-named S11, the creature has been designed as the ultimate weapon in aquatic attack and defence. But when its control unit malfunctions during a test run, the S11 is accidentally unleashed and sets off in the direction of the popular tourist resort of Puerto Vallarta in Mexico.

Desperate to keep the creature’s existence secret and to avoid a bloody massacre that is almost certain to attract unwanted attention, the military leaders hire Sands, Nicole and a notorious shark hunter to track down and capture the mutant killing machine before it can begin snacking on a buffet of helpless holidaymakers. Unfortunately, the task becomes riskier and far more complicated than it needs to be when a morally bankrupt news reporter, her cameraman, a pirate-radio DJ and his unbelievably hot assistant become involved in the proceedings.

A hugely enjoyable, tongue-in-cheek monster romp packed with jaw-dropping set-pieces and plenty of inventive ways for humans to be dispatched by a great white shark endowed with massive spear-tipped tentacles, Sharktopus is definitely one of the must-see DVD releases of the year.

Sharktopus (cert. tbc) will be released on DVD (£5.99) by Anchor Bay Entertainment on 14th March 2011.

And here's some pics to....WET...you APPETITE (since sharktopus lives in the water and eats..oh shut up! It was meant to be funny!)

But how do you win this dvd I dont hear you cry.

Well I'll post how and all the instructions in just a bit. Hopefully it'll be quite fun this week - much more relaxing than that Horror Movie montage

Kyle
Old 13th March 2011, 12:01 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

And here's how to win it....

Sharktopus - he...er it's half Shark, half Octopus. Soooo.... this week's comp will be all about mixing animals! Horray! Cross-species breeding!

Here's how it'll work:

1) Think of an animal

2) Draw thought of animal (use Paint for this - it's probably easiest) - I drew a Snail. And don't worry, you don't have to be artists like me

3) Then either upload your image to Photobucket.com (PM me if you need help with this ) and then PM me the URL of that drawing - or you could email it to be at kyle@cult-labs.com - whichever's easiest.

4) Then once I've gotten a few pics in (maybe by Tuesday), I'll PM everyone with someone elses picture.

5) Then you'll have to transform that picture into another creature - so someone might turn that snail above into a Snaiffe by mixing it with a giraffe. You could even colour it in etc...

Then PM me that new creature

Depending on how many people enter we could do this more than once and have a whole load of mixed-up animal creatures which would be pretty damn cool.

Then on Friday you'll get to pick the winners - but I'll explain that later on. So get doodling on paint!

- Draw only one animal for now - doesn't have to be amazing like mine

- And PM me, dont post it on here.

GOOD LUCK and have some fun!

Kyle
Old 13th March 2011, 12:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

my dreadful pic is in!

cool idea K!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 13th March 2011, 12:24 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Wahey! Excellent pic Nek *cough cough* I'm just joking mate!

C'mon guys get doodling - dont worry if it's not amazingly drawn, just a bit of fun, plus bad drawings are funny!

Any questions let me know
Old 13th March 2011, 02:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

mine is done....you should have it now kyle...
Old 13th March 2011, 02:09 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Wahey! Thanks Pedro - I've added your pic
Old 13th March 2011, 03:24 PM
Cultist

Sent mine to kyle at cult-labs.com !
Old 13th March 2011, 03:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

pic sent
Old 13th March 2011, 03:39 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Hmm very strange, I never recieved in Drugula. Are you sure you sent it to the right address mate - it's kyle@cult-labs.com
Old 13th March 2011, 09:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I've just sent mine in

Like this? Share it using the links below!