Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th May 2011, 05:50 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Bird With The Crystal Plumage -22/05/2011 - FINISHED AND SENT

Oi oi!

Welcome to another weekly competition with the grand prize being...

Oh yes, it's that rather contersial Arrow title!

And here's all the info and other such mumjumbogoodness...

DARIO ARGENTO’S STUNNING PORTRAIT IN PSYCHO-TERROR!

The directorial debut of Dario Argento, The Bird With The Crystal Plumage sees the Italian master of terror nailing the “Giallo” blueprint with a brutal thriller that packs a gory brace of horrific murders alongside its genre defining mix of red herrings, leather gloved slashers and stylish decor.

When Sam, an American writer living in Rome, witnesses an attempted murder in an art gallery and reports the crime to the police, he unwittingly sets the killer’s sights on himself and his beautiful model girlfriend. Things soon start to unravel as it becomes clear that, with the identity of the villain very much open to question, Sam himself is a prime suspect in the case. As the murders continue, Sam begins his own investigations into the serial killings hoping to somehow clear his name. But in doing so he becomes involved in a deadly relationship with the unknown slayer.

Starring Tony Musante (We Own The Night; Traffic; The Yards) and Suzy Kendall (Torso; Spasmo), and boasting music by award winning composer Ennio Morricone (Cinema Paradiso; The Untouchables; The Mission; Once Upon A Time In America; Days Of Heaven) and cinematography by three-time Oscar winner Vittorio Storaro (Apocalypse Now; Reds; The Last Emperor), Argento’s groundbreaking shocker combines eye-pooping visuals with a seamy vein of sadomasochism and a lust for violence to create a genre defining movie classic.

The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (cert. 15) will be released on Blu-ray (£19.99) by Arrow Video on 23rd May 2011.

Special Features
Brand new High Definition restoration of the film from the original negative presented in director of photography Vittorio Storaro’s original 2:1 Univisium aspect ratio; “A Crystal Classic: Luigi Cozzi Remembers Dario’s Bloody Bird”; “Sergio Martino: The Genesis Of The Giallo”; “The Italian Hitchcock: Dario Argento Remembers The Bird With The Crystal Plumage”; exclusive collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Alan Jones, author of “Profondo Argento”; four sleeve art options with original and newly commissioned artwork; two-sided fold-out poster; original Italian and English LPCM mono audio options.

As you probably know, the end of the world was meant to happen a few days ago. But it never came - story of my life (I'M KIDDING! I'M KIDDING!).

Sooo, what would be the best or the worst way the world could end?

Most original and funniest entries will each win this Blu-Ray!

Good luck guys!

Kyle
InDogWeTrust likes this.
Old 24th May 2011, 06:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Nice comp again. As I am not only a horror afficionado but also a movie buff, I decided to describe my favourite ending of this world in reference to some classy movies. I hope this is within the comp’s rules.

I’d love to start off La Grande Bouffe-style. Eating as much as you like and the the food you love – what better way to show decadence facing death? Some people might not stand that much food - those who die now are fed to Zombie Flesh Eaters - they highly appreciate the little snack. As you all might expect, this causes a humongous amount of gas – which leads to global warming, as our beloved moralizer Al Gore told us in An Inconvenient Truth. With temperatures rising, we need a convertible. Let’s choose Louise’s 1966 Thunderbird as we all saw it in Thelma & Louise. On our world tour, we sporadically pick up some hitchhikers. We get rid of this The Hitcher-problem Pulp Fiction-style: Chill out man, I told you it was an accident, we probably went over a bump or something. Driving around with a big block – again not good for Mother Nature. So let’s go hiking. We want to do that in Yellowstone National Park. As human beings want to invent or at least discover something, we start digging for oil. We could need that for our lovely Ford and – even more important - we could moon all those Arabs. Unfortunately, Yellowstone Supervolcano decides to erupt that moment again – after having done that once before in Emmerich’s 2012. What Roland and the rest of the world did not know – it is not just located in Wyoming but instead spreads from Oregon to Ohio. The live broadcast could have been the biggest and last success of the BBC – however, the BBFC decided to cut the best scenes.

Greetings!

Last edited by Prince_Vajda; 24th May 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 24th May 2011, 07:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

with only 12 hours warning....a world wide mass orgy...:

actually the best way would be, and ILuv i think you'll agree with me here, zombie apocalypse. What would you do? i have a plan but what would YOU do?

The worst way the world could end is if Lady Gaga discovers how to clone herself then attempt to take over the world with her god damn catchy pop tunes and weird ass fashion sense and all the world leader know the only way to destroy her and her gaga army is to clone an even more annoying army of Anne Widacombs to take on Gaga who is now calling her self Col. Gaga-fi. But eveything goes tits up when The Widacombs succumb to the god damn catchy-ness of her songs and the world leaders are forced to join forces with Kim Jong Ill and nuke the bastards. but Gaga is to powerful and the radiation only makes her stronger and bigger, she grows to an enormous size and starts trampling cities world wide and is now calling her self Gaga-Zilla so the remaining leaders and the gaga-resistance create an enormous clone of Madonna who we all know, gaga rips off, but the mighty popmusic war of the giants fails and gaga beats the madonnasaurus to death with a giant telephone causing the world leader to think up one more plan. what beats catchy pop music?.....METAL!!!...the surviving metal bands agree to save the planet by allow the remaining world government to clone them and make them giant. on a dark night in russia after Gaga-zilla flattens the Kremlin, and with heavy snow fall...mega Maiden with the power to melt faces, joined by Mega-motorhead and mega-metallica face off against the annoying pop monster...will this be the end of GAGAZILLA?..yep the earth gets hit by a giant meteor and kills everything completely destroying the world...

THE END
Gav.76 likes this.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:25 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I always used to joke that I'd drop a fart of such power and magnitude that the world would turn to dust So far it's only the smell that disgustingly deadly. Still gotta work on the power of it

If it doesn't happen that way I think at some stage everyone on earth will fart, maybe even fart and burp at the same time which would probably cause the earth to explode.

The coolest way for the world to end were if it were a transformer like Unicorn (from Transformers of course ) and started battling other planets. We would all basically be fleas on it.

Last edited by Zombie Dude; 25th May 2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 25th May 2011, 07:32 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I always used to joke that I'd drop a fart of such power and magnitude that the world would turn to dust So far it's only the smell that disgustingly deadly. Still gotta work on the power of it
I would be careful writing things like that. Insurance companies all over the world could sue you for causing the recent tornadoes in the US or even some Asian tsunami. So: watch out, as you never can tell.

Greetings!
Old 25th May 2011, 10:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I would be careful writing things like that. Insurance companies all over the world could sue you for causing the recent tornadoes in the US or even some Asian tsunami. So: watch out, as you never can tell.

Greetings!
< As you can see I can gain air with my ferocious anus. I don't recommend insurance companies mess with my abilities
Old 25th May 2011, 11:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

The best and worst way to go would be a zombie epidemic. It would be great as you could sit in the comfort of your house looking out the window and watch as it all unfolds outside, like living in a George Romero movie.

The bad part would be the eventual starving and/or being eaten by your mother in law!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 25th May 2011, 11:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I think a tickle epidemic would be worse. Getting tickled to death is one hell of a scary thought
Old 26th May 2011, 09:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Apocalypse Celebrity Big Brother - The transfer of Celebrity Big Brother to channel 5 prompts its most stellar line-up yet with Timmy Mallet, Jeff Brazier and Duncan from Blue all taking part! The vacuum caused by their empty wafflings causes the world to implode in on itself, destroying all of humanity. THE END!!
Old 27th May 2011, 03:22 PM
Cultist

A horrifying end to the world – censored out of existence.

I figure it would start with somewhere small. The BBFC gets irritated with some small town in Devon because they’re still banging on about having their own currency, and so it censors them away. No one would care because those people had it coming. Hell, we’ve all been censoring them from existence in our minds for years, why shouldn’t what we think and reality be the same thing?

Finding similar reasons, they’d probably start censoring other towns out of being. Then cities. ‘Oh, there was a murder in Liverpool? Well, we don’t want people copying it, so Liverpool doesn’t exist anymore. Where do The Beatles come from now? What Beatles? Sorry, we didn’t like the look of one of them. Looked shifty. They’re gone too now.’ You’d want to object, but no one wants to appear as being pro-murder (it tends to cause social engagements to dry up), so best to keep quiet.

Of course, this would all take time. Enough time that it would coincide with Sarah Palin’s inevitable and horrifying election as the President of the USA. It’s hard to imagine that after a short period of soul searching every one of us would come to the same conclusion; censor America. Censor them so that they no longer exist. If you have to censor Canada in the process, then that’s hard luck for Canada. Just get it done.

Shortly afterwards, a Twitter campaign would no doubt result in the censoring of Germany, for no other reason than ‘Guys, it would be well lol.’ Bloody kids. More and more countries would disappear from the globe for increasingly trivial reasons.

Eventually, all that remains in existence would be the BBFC headquarters. Slowly, they’d start banning rooms from the building. Obviously, the first to go would be the disgusting and offensive toilets. The loss of the toilets would have an unpleasant effect around the building, until eventually they would have to censor even themselves.

Like this? Share it using the links below!