Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2011, 02:09 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Eyeborgs - 19/06/2011 - FINISHED AND SENT

Hellooooo!

Welcome to yet another weekly competition! If you're a fan of science fiction films and Danny Trejo, you're going to luv this...

“A RAZOR-SHARP VISUAL EYE, STARTLINGLY AMBITIOUS EFFECTS WORK, UNRELENTING ACTION, A GREAT SENSE OF HUMOUR AND A SCRIPT THAT’S FREQUENTLY VERY SMART.” – DVD TALK.

I, Robot” meets “Gremlins” in the sci-fi action-thriller u, “a smart, ambitious, and fiercely independent slice of science fiction” (DVD Talk) starring Adrian Paul (Highlander), Megan Blake (The Opposite Of Sex), Luke Eberl (Letters From Iwo Jima; Planet Of The Apes) and Danny Trejo (Machete; Predators) alongside an impressive array of fantastic scene-stealing surveillance robots with ideas way above their station.

Eyeborgs may be sci-fi, but with the media currently bringing news of a recent Ministry of Defence report warning of the dangers of an “incremental and involuntary journey towards a Terminator-like reality” and suggesting that Britain must establish a policy on what constitutes “acceptable machine behaviour” (The Terminators: drone strikes prompt MoD to ponder ethics of killer robots | World news | The Guardian), perhaps it would be advisable to accept that there is more to these particular robots than meets the eye!

In the wake of another devastating terrorist attack, the United States government passes the “Freedom of Observation Act, a law requiring all communications and surveillance cameras to be constantly monitored for national security. Helping to enforce the new law are the Eyeborgs, mobile surveillance robots that can track suspicious persons wherever they may try to hide. Now everyone is under the constant watch of ODIN, the Optical Defence Intelligence Network, an all-seeing system that never sleeps, never rests and never stops “looking out for you.” But what few people realize is the Eyeborgs are authorized to do more than just watch. If an Eyeborg witnesses a crime in progress when no other law enforcement agent is present, it can take whatever action is necessary to stop it.

Investigating a series of suspicious deaths, Homeland Security agent R.J. “Gunner” Reynolds (Paul) finds a link to the Eyeborgs and is led to believe that terrorists have taken over the system and are using the ’bots in a plot to assassinate the President of the USA. What he doesn’t realize is the truth behind the killings is far more terrifying than any mere act of terrorism.

“Every bit as infectiously fun and overflowing with robot shootouts as you’d expect out of a sci-fi flick with this sort of title” (DVD Talk), Eyeborgs is a “slick thriller” (HorrorNews.net) that “punches miles above its weight” (Quiet Earth).

Eyeborgs (cert. 15) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by Momentum Pictures on 20th June 2011. Special Features include: Deleted Scenes (x 6); Behind The Scenes Featurettes (Making Eyeborgs; Stunts; Visual Effects; How To Make A Robot In 3 Minutes) and a Blooper Reel.

Here's the trailer to this fun little film and some pictures too...

Instructions will follow shortly, just as soon as I finish making it.

Kyle
Old 19th June 2011, 02:46 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Killer robots ---> metal ---> heavy metal!

Granted it's a tenuous link but whatever. Heavy Metal has often been accused (stupidly) of containing subliminal messages that can only be heard when played backwards (Judas Priest's apparently suicical 'do it' being one such example). So, the world needs your help! Robots are trying to destroy mankind with backwards music.

All you have to do is listen to the 10 tracks below. They have been reversed and speeded up. Your job is to figure out the name of the 10 films these songs are from then PM me with your answers. I'll be handing out hints for those who get stuck of course.

The three winners will be those who get the most correct right - or if there's a draw, the three randomly selected from a trilby hat.

So here they are...

1) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #1‬‏

2) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #2‬‏

3) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #3‬‏

4) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #4‬‏

5) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #5‬‏

6) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #6‬‏

7) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #7‬‏

8) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #8‬‏

9) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #9‬‏

10) YouTube - ‪Eyeborgs Comp #10‬‏

Good luck (you'll need it)!

Kyle

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 19th June 2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 19th June 2011, 02:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Sorry Kyle, listened to 6 of them. None of them mean anything to me, can't make anything out at all.

I'll give this one a miss, cheers.
Old 19th June 2011, 02:55 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Sorry Kyle, listened to 6 of them. None of them mean anything to me, can't make anything out at all.

I'll give this one a miss, cheers.
Have a guess Demdike after another listen or so. I'm happy to offer clues to those who have guessed
Old 19th June 2011, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

im with demdike, i can't make head nor tail out of any of them, i have a inkling of what 2 might be but they just sound like stuff from the chipmunks.
Old 19th June 2011, 03:17 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Mwahaha! The ultimate challenge...until of course you see the hints, which make it all a lot easier.
Old 19th June 2011, 03:18 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Mwahaha! The ultimate challenge...until of course you see the hints, which make it all a lot easier.
i think I have got around 4-5 of them, but the last five seem almost impossible!
Old 19th June 2011, 03:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
im with demdike, i can't make head nor tail out of any of them, i have a inkling of what 2 might be but they just sound like stuff from the chipmunks.

Then speeded up and played backwards.
Old 19th June 2011, 03:50 PM
Cult Rookie

this should keep me busy...
Old 19th June 2011, 04:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Kyle loves making tuff comps!

But it is a good idea.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!