Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2011, 01:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Hatchet 2 DVD/Blu-Ray - 28/08/2011 - FINISHED

Hello horror hounds!

Fancy winning a bloody great new horror film? Of course you do. You'd be silly not to enter!

So, here's those all important details...

“TWICE THE GORE, TWICE THE INTENSITY!” – DREAD CENTRAL.

Increasing the body count, the gore levels and the homicidal ingenuity of his cult horror hit “Hatchet”, writer-director Adam Green (Frozen; Hatchet; Spiral) throws his splatter generator into overdrive and somehow manages to out-slash every other slasher movie ever made with Hatchet 2, coming to DVD and Blu-ray on 29th August 2011.

Starring Danielle Harris (Stake Land; Halloween I and II), Tony Todd (Candyman), Kane Hodder (the face behind the mask of Jason Vorhees in the Friday The 13th series) and Tom Holland (writer-director of Fright Night and Child’s Play), and featuring fan-pleasing cameos by “Frozen” stars Shawn Ashmore (the X-Men trilogy) and Emma Bell (The Walking Dead) amongst others, the film sees vengeful supernatural killing machine Victor Crowley coming up with ever more inventive ways of dispatching anyone who dares trespass on his little patch of the Louisiana swamplands.

More a “continuation” than a sequel, Hatchet 2 picks up at the very moment the first movie ended, with feisty heroine Marybeth (Harris) held firmly in the deformed Crowley’s clutches and facing a very watery grave. A bit of gruesome eye gouging sees her managing to escape to comparative civilization, where she winds up at the premises of voodoo shop proprietor and illegal swamp boat tour operator Reverend Zombie (Todd). After telling him that Victor Crowley is far from dead and explaining she wants to return to the swamp to retrieve the bodies of her late father and brother, Marybeth convinces the Reverend to accompany her on a journey back to the Crowley shack. Eyeing an opportunity to serve his own needs with regards to the swamp and the Crowley legend, the Reverend sets about recruiting a hardened bunch of hunters to join him and Marybeth on a one-way cruise into the very heart of darkness.

Full of “gore of great quality and quantity [with] enough viscera on display to please even the most debauched Fangoria subscriber” (The Onion), Hatchet 2 is a playful, witty, affectionate and uncompromisingly graphic homage to one of the most popular of horror movie sub-genres. And if you think you’ve seen all the ways a victim can die in a slasher movie, then think again. Victor Crowley knows more than most and he’s only just started.

Hatchet 2
(cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£12.99) and Blu-ray (£19.99) by Arrow Films on 29th August 2011.

Special Features
Hatchet 2 - Behind the Screams: The Making Of Hatchet 2 (34 mins); Hatchet 2: First Look (8 mins); Meet the FX Team (6 mins); audio commentary by director Adam Green and stars Tony Todd and Kane Hodder; audio commentary by Adam Green, cinematographer Will Barratt and make up effects artist Robert Pendergraft; trailer; teaser trailer; 5.1 Dolby Digital (DVD) and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (Blu-ray).

But how do you win?

Well I was originally going to make a rather awesome comp, but well I didn't have the time/resorces so I'll have to move that to next week maybe. So, it's a very, very easy comp this week.

All you need to do is come up with the most ridiculous weapon for a slasher killer. The wackier the better. Pictures earn brownie points if you feel like going that extra mile. I'll pick the three winners on sunday and they'll each win this film on DVD or Blu-Ray (their choice of course!)

As always, anyone can enter and as many times as you like.

So come on guys, post the lamest, craziest, WTF-iest slasher weapon you can think off.

Kyle
Rik and nekromantik like this.
Old 29th August 2011, 04:28 PM
Active Cultist

How about a toothpick. He/she pokes enough holes in a victim till the bleed to death. They aren't very prolific though. It takes a while for the victim to die.
Old 29th August 2011, 05:18 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

'Nuff said.
Old 29th August 2011, 05:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Obviously I'm not allowed to enter, but the subject of the comp reminded me so much of this; I had to post it...

Enjoy the comp guys & gals.
Old 29th August 2011, 06:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Writing a horror film at the moment with a rather daft weapon as weapon of choice but one other weapon used is a large pizza shovel, you know the things they use to get pizzas out of the oven.

I picture the killer using this as he despatches the chef whilst he's in the middle of singing Joe Dolchis shut up your face!

Might attempt a picture later in the week but not much of an artist.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 29th August 2011, 08:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

How about that...

Greetings!
Old 29th August 2011, 09:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Hand-held potato chipper, as wielded by an insane fast food clown. The film? McMassacre!!!!!!

Old 29th August 2011, 11:20 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
How about that...

Greetings!
Isn't there a XXX film of this already called "Texas Vibrator Massacre"?
Old 30th August 2011, 02:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Old 30th August 2011, 08:27 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Freddy will struggle to get any killing or maiming done with these sausage gloves.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Hatchet 2 DVD/Blu-Ray - 28/08/2011 - FINISHED-freddy-krueger-copy.jpg  
Baseball Fury likes this.

Last edited by trouserpress; 31st August 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!