Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2011, 01:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Super Comp - The Dead T-Shirt - 09/10/2011 - FINISHED!

Time for another Super Comp and this time we're giving away 9 The Dead t-shirts! Woo! That look like this...

Pretty cool, eh?

To be in a chance of winning the t-shirt, all you need to do is share with us your zombie survival tactics. When the inevitable zombie uprising takes places, how will you be prepared? Will you hide out, stock up? Or grab some weapons and have some fun!

The 9 greatest entries will each win themselves this t-shirt. Simple!

Competition ends next sunday (the 16th) so hurry up and enter!

Be sure to visit the fanhub at The Dead Official UK Hubsite - Cult Laboratories or visit Amazon at The Dead [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Rob Freeman, Prince David Oseia, Howard J. Ford, Jonathan Ford: Film & TV

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
Old 9th October 2011, 01:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Well I, like many, have discussed this at length with friends in the past. Near where we live there is a row of shops that would be absolutely perfect to hold up in. From left to right there is a bakery, a convenience store, a bank, an off license, a chinese, a dry cleaners and a hair dressers. What more could you possibly want?
Not only can we make our own freshly baked food in the bakery, either from their leftovers or the stock in the convenience store, but it also means we've got a handy crematorium. Ya know, in case it's a "Return of the Living Dead" scenario and the bodies have to be burnt.
There is also a wonderful lookout spot above the bakery, so any impending dangers can be spotted. A nice spot for some sniping too. Also on the roof of the bakery is a flagpole, so we can alert other survivors to the stronghold. Or just paint a scary picture on a flag to make us look mean.
The chinese will provide a nice change of food, as well as various knives, woks and other blunt instruments to hit the undead with.
Then there's the dry cleaners, to get rid of any unsightly zombie bloodstains. And of course the hairdressers, so we can all remain looking our best.
Even better, there are flats above these shops too, so we'll have radio/tv whilst it's still broadcasting, and decent beds to sleep in. It also means we can stay above ground level to avoid the undead.

I think I've covered most of the bases there. If you can see any holes in my plans, then I'd like to know so I can be fully prepared.

Also, some visual aides -

The bakery

Booze!
Rik likes this.
Old 9th October 2011, 04:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Bring out the gimp!

When the zombie apocalypse hits I will dust off the old gimp suit (pretty bite proof) dig out a Hanzo samurai sword and a sawn off shot gun and like the rednecks in Romeros dead movies go out hunting. I'm a pretty mean shot if I do say so myself and Hanzo steel comes in handy when I find myself short on shells.

My house has been pretty well stocked up with canned food and munchies to keep me going should I have to lock myself away and my blu ray/DVD to watch pile should keep me entertained for months. Like Kevin from Home Alone, I have set booby traps throughout my house and garden. I have a loose step leading to my front door which when stepped on fires a nail out of my trusty nailgun straight into the zombies heads or on two for Tuesday straight into the Dominos delivery guys head! FREE POST APOCALYPTIC PIZZA!!!

With the gimp suit obviously comes some pool ball gags so I can catch zombies, gag them to prevent them biting me and allow me time to devise new ways to kill them.
If I happened to find myself in the States obviously I would do all of the above from Skywalker Ranch!
Rik likes this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 9th October 2011, 07:13 PM
Cultist

i'll put some treadmills outside my house that run backwards......zombies wont get near me then.
Rik, PaulD and Bobz like this.
Old 9th October 2011, 08:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have had this pretty much worked out for years.
The diagram below, made like a Home Alone style plan has 8 points of interest.

The street below is Albany road, a main shopping street.

1. Wooden bridges: these bridges run from either side of the shopping street, from roof top to roof top, giving easy access to places such as Tesco and Iceland (4/5) without having to touch the floor.
2. Smaller wooden bridges: these run from roof to roof over entrances to side streets, much like figure 1.
3. blockbuster video: i have keys for this store plus we have security doors and food stocks such as popcorn and coca cola, praying that the electricity doesn't go out we also have over 4000 movies. This is the base of operations due to it's ideal sniping location.
4/5. Tesco and Iceland: used for food supplies and other such survival items, Iceland will be limited due to it's abundance of frozen produce.
6. ARMY and Navy surplus Store: used for the obvious, weapons, combat gear and other survival gear.
7. PUB: located at front of barricade #1 for beer and an excellent position for mounted guns.
8. MY HOUSE: For clothes and other such creature comforts such as baths, shower, TV and radio announcement and comfy sofa's.

There are other stores that can come in handy such as Peacocks and charity shops for when we all run out of Michael bolton CDs.

Rik likes this.
Old 9th October 2011, 09:31 PM
Cult Rookie

What I would do is round up some friends and find the nearest cinema. We would record a video of one of us screaming for help, and play it at certain times during the day and night, hiding up in the projector room ready with our sniper rifles.

To keep ourselves busy we'd ransack the candy bar until it is completely empty.

During our zombie lures we'd send out two people to find food and snacks (that way we know where the zombies are coming from, and send two people to go through where they AREN'T).

We'd also pick one that has an attached arcade for extra awesomeness.

Pottermore: SkyDragon113
Old 9th October 2011, 09:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten View Post
i'll put some treadmills outside my house that run backwards......zombies wont get near me then.
Haha, I actually mentioned that to my friends earlier today. There's an Ikea in Southampton with one of those travelators (you know, like moving walkways) that you need to use to get in. Our idea was just to put those in reverse then live on meatballs forever.
Rik and Baseball Fury like this.
Old 9th October 2011, 10:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I'd just set my wife on them, she's scares the shit outta me when she's on one so I'm sure she could handle a few Deadites
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th October 2011, 09:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Get a few buddies, Get one of those Snagger Hummers from Jurassic Park and go out hunting those little f#%*ers!

Old 14th October 2011, 11:11 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

My top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack:

Organise before they rise!
They feel no fear, why should you?
Use your head: cut off theirs.
Blades don’t need reloading.
Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
No place is safe, only safer.
The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

Don’t be carefree and foolish with your most precious asset—life. This is your key to survival against the hordes of undead who may be stalking you right now without you even knowing it. My lessons offer complete protection through trusted, proven tips for safeguarding yourself and your loved ones against the living dead.
darthelvis likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!