Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2011
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th October 2011, 11:27 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Maniac Cop - 23/10/2011 - FINISHED

Yeah, yeah, I know it's late but...shh, it's here now! And as they say, good things come to those that wait. And boy what a prize we have this week.

It's none other than

MANIAC COP

Here's all the details...

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT… FOREVER.

Notorious video nasty creator William Lustig (Vigilante; Maniac) and B-Movie legend Larry Cohen (Q The Winged Serpent; It’s Alive) combine their directorial and writing talents, respectively, for a unique high-speed collision of the slasher movie and police thriller in Maniac Cop. A blood splattered tale of brutal cop vengeance from beyond the grave, the film stars Tom Atkins (Drive Angry; My Bloody Valentine), Bruce Campbell (Burn Notice; the Spider-Man trilogy; The Evil Dead trilogy) and Laurene Landon (The Ambulance; It’s Alive III) and features cameo appearances by Lustig, Richard Roundtree (Speed Racer; Heroes), director Sam Raimi and the Raging Bull himself, world champion boxer Jake LaMotta.

When reports come in of a man in a police uniform committing gore drenched bloody murder on the city streets, officer Jack Forrest (Bruce Campbell) stands accused. Now, with few friends, powerful enemies and a psychopathic slayer still at large, it’s up to Jack to prove he’s not guilty and bring down the killer.

Maniac Cop (cert. 18) will be released on Blu-ray (£27.99) by Arrow Video on 31st October 2011.

Special Features
Brand new High Definition transfer of film presented in its original 1.85:1 aspect ratio; exclusive UK introduction to the film by star Tom Atkins; Doomed Detective: Tom Atkins on Maniac Cop; Lady Of The Night: Laurene Landon remembers Maniac Cop; Scripting A New Slasher Super-Villain: Larry Cohen on Matt Cordell; trailer; collectors’ booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by author Troy Howarth and “The Original Maniac: An interview with William Lustig”, adapted from Calum Waddell's book “Taboo Breakers”; reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork; double-sided fold out artwork poster; original Stereo 2.0 audio; optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired.

But how do you win?

Well it's time to become a maniac cop yourself. You've just stumbled upon something, but it's pitch black. You have only your trust flashlight but your super nervous. Below are three images, all you have to do is figure out the three films they're from with the flash light giving you a clue. Then PM me your guesses!

Those who get all three (or the most correct) will be put into a hat and three names will be randomly selected on Sunday.

Here they are...

There you are! PM me your answers!

MANIAC COP is out on Halloweeny - check out the link here

Kyle
Old 25th October 2011, 07:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default WINNING!!

On my iPhone, these are still images, so they're easier to see.
Got 2/3
Old 25th October 2011, 11:30 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

On Tapatalk they were just one still image each. I thought Kyle was having a laugh at first!
Old 25th October 2011, 11:31 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Gah, I'm not down with all this smartphone stuff so had to solve these the old-fashioned way
Old 25th October 2011, 09:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Yes!

I now have all 3!! The first one was a pain..
Old 25th October 2011, 09:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, I'm stuck on the first one at the moment but looks so familiar..
Old 26th October 2011, 02:29 AM
Active Cultist

This one has me stumped, so I will go ahead congratulate anybody that gets at least one.
Old 26th October 2011, 03:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

It's a tough one for sure

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 26th October 2011, 04:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've got 2 and 3, but number 1 is killing me!
Old 26th October 2011, 04:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Gort thoom ahl!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Like this? Share it using the links below!