Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st January 2012, 07:04 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Frankenhooker - 01/01/2012 - FINISHED

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Can you believe it? We're actually in 2012! Hopefully this year will be even better in terms of competitions and prizes - rememeber if you have any comp suggests, I'm always open to ideas

We've got a fantastic prize to kick everything of this year. It's that totally nuts (and bolts!) Cult film,

SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED.

Finding a girl when you’re a nerdy science geek can be hard. But what happens if that special someone dies in a bizarre gardening accident and it’s all your fault?

Meet Jeffrey Franken. He’s just killed the love of his life and now he’s going to rebuild her... from the body parts of the dead streetwalkers who exploded when he introduced them to a lethal new drug, Supercrack!

Little does he know that a good recipe requires the correct ingredients. Jeffrey isn’t putting his life back together; he’s building... a Frankenhooker!

From the twisted imagination of Frank Henenlotter (Bad Biology; the Basket Case trilogy; Brain Damage), and starring James Lorinz (Street Trash; Last Exit To Brooklyn), comes a movie that pays loving tribute to the worst excesses of the American Grindhouse.

Frankenhooker (cert. 18) will be released on Blu-ray (£24.99) by Arrow Video on 2nd January 2012.

Special Features
Brand new high definition transfer of the film (1080p); UK exclusive audio commentary with director Frank Henenlotter and star James Lorinz; UK exclusive introduction to the film by actor James Lorinz; “Your Date’s On A Plate: The Making Of Frankenhooker” – UK exclusive documentary featuring director Frank Henenlotter, star James Lorinz and special effects artist Gabe Bartalos; a personal UK exclusive tour of the Gabe Bartalos effects lab in Los Angeles, California; “A Salad That Was Once Named Elizabeth: Patty Mullen Remembers Frankenhooker”; “A Stitch In Time: The Make-Up Effects Of Frankenhooker”; Turning Tricks: Jennifer Delora Remembers Frankenhooker”; original theatrical trailer; reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphries; double-sided fold-out artwork poster; exclusive collectors’ booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Calum Waddell.

The rules to win are dead simple!

It's this time of year that lots of people make new years resolutions. From quitting smoking, working-out, finding love to world domination. Sooooo, there's three ways to win this competition and here's what to do.

- Think of a well known character from a film then come up with what that character's new years resolution would possibly be.

- PM me your character's name and his/her/its resolution before Weds!

- When wednesday comes around, I'll post up all the resolutions on this thread (without the characters names) and then you have to try and figure out what chatacter would have that resolution.

- PM me your answers before Sunday (no clues!)

There's three ways of winning and those are...

1) Your character's resolution is guessed correctly the least amount of times.

2) You guess the most resolutions correctly!

OR

3) Everyone who takes part will be entered into a random draw

So, that's that! Nice and easy...right?

GOOD LUCK!

Of course, you can always order yours online at Amazon, HMV, Play.

Kyle

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 2nd January 2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 2nd January 2012, 01:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

good idea for a comp Kyle
I want this blu so nice prize too!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Got some rather tricky entries already! I think on Weds I'll add some not so tricky ones to the comp to give everyone a fairer chance. But you'll have to put your thinking caps on for some of these - damn you guys are tough!

There's still time to submit yours - you've got until weds
Old 3rd January 2012, 04:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I was contemplating ordering this on the HME sale, but I'll take a chance on here first!
Old 4th January 2012, 06:07 PM
Cult Addict

Am I tripping or is Kyle forgetting something? ;P
Old 4th January 2012, 06:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Just be patient
Old 4th January 2012, 06:41 PM
Cult Addict

Tis only a joke, noble cult follower!
Old 4th January 2012, 06:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

No worries, I wasn't on an angry mood
Old 4th January 2012, 07:22 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Waaaah! Sorry for being so late guys - I literally haven't stopped all day - moved back up to Norwich today.

Anyways, you people sure are mean and tight little so and sos, aren't you?! These resolutions are so hard! So, I'll be giving clues out this week and I've added a couple of easier ones in the mix too

So here they are, simply figure out the character who would make each resolution and PM me your answers!

1) "To Stay away from that which does not concern you!"

2) "To Have Better Timing"

3) "To Eat Lean"

4) "To stop laying eggs that allow me to breed my warriors"

5)"To stop 'interrogating' so many female suspecrts"

6) "To cut down on the yayo, increase productivity in my US buisnesses and try to get my mama to talk to me again!"

7) "To stop going to strip clubs!"

8) "To be a good sport and start showing my face in public more often. I shouldn't keep hiding behind this mask."

9) "To buy myself a new tri-pod for my camera - this is getting a little rusty on one leg!"

10) "To leave violence behind, and start enjoying life"

11) "Dear Father...I really should stop killing sinners this year...or at least buy a real hot seat."

12) "To get some cosmetic surgery done this year."

13) "To stop eating live birds and keep my fingers to myself."

14) "To give my son a helping hand. *breaths heavily*"

15) "To stop sucking cock in Hell. Nom nom nom."

Yeah...good luck with those...you'll need it! What a challenge!

Remember, the three winners are those that get the most correct - not the ones who (necessarily) get ALL correct.

Over and out,

Kyle
Old 4th January 2012, 07:23 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Oh and if you're resolution isn't up - PM me! They should all be up but when I logged on my inbox was 100% full, so it's possible yours wasnt sent.

Like this? Share it using the links below!