Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2012, 12:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Red Scorpion - 29/01/2012 - FINISHED

Can you believe it?! January is nearly over...ALREADY! Concluding this month's weekly competitions here's a great little comp I've put together for a pretty nice prize.

Here's all the details...

TAUGHT TO STALK. TRAINED TO KILL. PROGRAMMED TO DESTROY.

Following supporting roles in “A View To A Kill” and “Rocky IV” and a less than stellar turn as He-Man in “Masters Of The Universe”, in 1988 former chemical engineering graduate turned actor Dolph Lundgren (The Expendables) took on the role that would define his career as an action star playing the titular hero in the shoot-’em-up action-thriller Red Scorpion. Directed by Joseph Zito, the man behind Chuck Norris’ number one box office smash hits “Missing In Action” and “Invasion USA”, the film remains one of the most memorable and revered action movies of the 80s. Now, Red Scorpion is coming to Blu-ray, featuring a host of extra features including a UK exclusive audio commentary by Joseph Zito.

Lundgren stars as Nikolai Rachenko, a deadly, highly skilled agent for the Russian army and an all-round a killing machine whose brutal efficiency and single minded determination to serve the motherland leaves behind a trail of battered bodies and bloodied enemies.

Nikolai’s latest mission involves infiltrating an African rebel army seeking to defy its new communist rulers and take out their leader. But as he gets to know his enemies and the dignified Bushmen he encounters, he begins to slowly realize that all he has been taught was a lie. Now, this Cold War rebel is ready to turn the tables on his Soviet masters and kick all kinds of ass!

With a body count that leaves jaws firmly on the floor and a healthy disregard for troublesome logic, Red Scorpion is a classic 1980s action spectacular that doesn’t let up for a second.

Red Scorpion (cert. 15) will be released on Blu-ray (£24.99) by Arrow Video on 6th February 2012.

Special Features
Brand new High Definition transfer of the film (1080p); introduction to the film by star Dolph Lundgren; UK exclusive audio commentary by director Joseph Zito, moderated by filmmaker and genre scholar Howard S. Berger; “All Out Of Bullets” – Dolph Lundgren remembers Red Scorpion; “Music With Muscles” – composer Jay Chattaway on the soundtrack of Red Scorpion; original trailer; reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork; double-sided fold-out artwork poster; collectors’ booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by author Calum Waddell; original 1.78:1 aspect ratio; original uncompressed LPCM Stereo audio; optional English subtitles for the hearing impaired.

Not bad eh? A very fun film!

Here's how to win...

I've been meaning to do this competition for a while and finally got around to doing it. So, below is a picture I made of a celebrity photo album. But silly ol' me forgot to include the names!

That's where you come in! Simply figure out who these famous faces are from their childhood photos! Easy!...right?

Once you've got them all figured out, simply PM (Private Message) me the answers. I'll be giving away clues if you get stuck.

Anyone can enter (it's worldwide!) and guess as often as they like. This competition will end on the 5th of Feb where I'll randomly pick three winners from those who got all 8 famous faces correct.

Make sense? Good!

Here's that all important picture - which, if I do say so myself, looks pretty good....

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Red Scorpion - 29/01/2012 - FINISHED-book3.jpg  
sawyer6 and Nordicdusk like this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 29th January 2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 29th January 2012, 02:56 PM
Cult Addict

Bollocks!!!
This is a tough one, I only think I know a few.

DVD and BD collection
Old 29th January 2012, 04:31 PM
Cult Rookie

I've got 5,the last three? Who is the baby? This is a tough one!
Old 29th January 2012, 04:34 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

The baby's a bit of a trick one - it's neither an actor, musician or someone still alive. But they had a big part in history!
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 31st January 2012, 10:11 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Nothing really to do with the actual competition, but I'll leave this here anyways...

darthelvis, PaulD and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 31st January 2012, 10:22 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Nothing really to do with the actual competition, but I'll leave this here anyways...

Ha ha love the Star Trek Lunch Box.
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Is the second one Thelma from Scooby Doo?
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:52 AM
Seasoned Cultist

PM sent
Old 3rd February 2012, 01:57 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Is the second one Thelma from Scooby Doo?

Yep, and the bottom right's Shaggy.
Old 3rd February 2012, 04:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Yep, and the bottom right's Shaggy.
No, that's Newt from Aliens.
Hawkmonger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!