Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012

View Poll Results: Which limb would you give up if you drew the short straw once reduced to cannibalism?
Left Leg 1 12.50%
Right Leg 0 0%
Left Arm 5 62.50%
Right Arm 2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd April 2012, 04:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Apocalypse Question #4 - FINISHED

It's time for the first Apocalypse Question of the week! Horray!

To celebrate the release of the intense post-apocalyptic shocker The Divide we’re posing regular questions for your thoughts on what you’d do when the apocalypse arrives. The best reply of each day on either our Facebook or forum will win a money-can’t buy Divide t-shirt!

Our poser of the day is...

Which limb would you give up if you drew the short straw once reduced to cannibalism? And, most importantly, why?

The Divide (cert. 18) is released by Momentum Pictures and will open at selected UK cinemas on 20th April 2012. It will be available on Video On Demand from 30th April 2012 and available to Download and on DVD (£12.99) from 14th May 2012. For all the latest content visit our amazing fanhub: The Divide Official UK Hubsite - Cult Laboratories

This comp question will close on Wednesday and the best answer will win!
Old 23rd April 2012, 05:15 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
It's time for the first Apocalypse Question of the week! Horray!

To celebrate the release of the intense post-apocalyptic shocker The Divide we’re posing regular questions for your thoughts on what you’d do when the apocalypse arrives. The best reply of each day on either our Facebook or forum will win a money-can’t buy Divide t-shirt!

Our poser of the day is...

Which limb would you give up if you drew the short straw once reduced to cannibalism? And, most importantly, why?

The Divide (cert. 18) is released by Momentum Pictures and will open at selected UK cinemas on 20th April 2012. It will be available on Video On Demand from 30th April 2012 and available to Download and on DVD (£12.99) from 14th May 2012. For all the latest content visit our amazing fanhub: The Divide Official UK Hubsite - Cult Laboratories

This comp question will close on Wednesday and the best answer will win!
I'll might as well get the crude and obvious answer out of the way and say my junk. The reason being it's immense size and girth would provide me with countless feasts and sustain me long enough until I could be rescued.

edit: ah sorry, I didn't see the poll and just instinctively went for my own pole instead. Paul's Pole.

There should have been a 'third leg' option though
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Last edited by PaulD; 23rd April 2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 23rd April 2012, 05:57 PM
Cult Master

Not a fair question!

Have you ever tried to walk in 6" stiletto heels? Well, let me tell you, young man, it's hard enough with two legs, let alone just one ('specially if vodka is involved)

And as for arms, I play guitar, so how am I going to play those blistering licks with only one arm and a hook???

If you don't mind, I will take Paul's lead and suggest another part of my body. I would offer up my bust! Should be enough there to feed an army

**Note - sadly, my avatar pic doesn't lie!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:20 PM
Cult Master

Its a hard one but i said left arm. With one arm you could still walk about and keep fit might help with the boredom also if you could move about rather than just sitting there waiting to be rescued and the fact im right handed ill be needing the right arm for some me time.
Old 23rd April 2012, 08:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Every limb!A true hero must give a lot to help his fellow survivors
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 24th April 2012, 07:12 AM
Cult Rookie

I'd give my left arm... Granted, I use my left hand to mast---------anyway... I'd give up my right arm, but it is kind of the dominant one and it might get a bit upset if I give it away for eating. It'd cause indigestion, and no one likes that during a situation that reduces you to cannibalism. God knows, the other survivors would cut off my left arm just to beat me to death with it for causing them indigestion...so, I say, just go with the left arm first...Save me the indigestion and the beating to death. What can I say, I like to cut corners!

BTW. I call dibs on trying PaulD's junk first. I have had a lot of "junk" in my mouth before, so I will know if it's good or not...Wait...Does that make me sound like a whore?
Old 24th April 2012, 08:51 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheResidentEvil View Post
BTW. I call dibs on trying PaulD's junk first. I have had a lot of "junk" in my mouth before, so I will know if it's good or not...Wait...Does that make me sound like a whore?

Nothing wrong with a bit of junk food! I'm lovin' it!
Old 24th April 2012, 01:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Well done Kyle on coming up with a question guaranteed to provoke vomitting.

I've offered my right arm. Being left-handed I'll need it to fight off the zombies. I can always use the leftover radius bone as a weapon.

Personally, I'm hoping that there'll be a few other survivors I could start eating first. And if I eat their legs they'll be unable to chase me when it's my turn: "You want a piece of me? Come and get it suckers!"
Old 24th April 2012, 01:57 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
Well done Kyle on coming up with a question guaranteed to provoke vomitting.

I've offered my right arm. Being left-handed I'll need it to fight off the zombies. I can always use the leftover radius bone as a weapon.

Personally, I'm hoping that there'll be a few other survivors I could start eating first. And if I eat their legs they'll be unable to chase me when it's my turn: "You want a piece of me? Come and get it suckers!"
Who would you try to eat first? The skinny weak guy - easy to grab, yet not much meat. The atheltic guy - nice and tender, but very hard to catch. Ooor a fatty - lots of weight to eat, but he's not going down without a fight!
Old 24th April 2012, 02:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Its a bit of a dim question really.

If you drew the short straw you wouldn't just hack a limb off right away. You would cut meat off the thigh then cook it in strips. You could at least keep your limb for a while and done properly it may heal without having to lop it off.

The obvious way for all to survive is for everyone to do this, no-one would starve and no-one would lose a limb. Clearly we would eat each others slice of meat, not our own.

If the rest of you are a pack of hungry cannibal types baying for a limb/food then i'd use the knife on you lot first obviously!

Like this? Share it using the links below!