Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Competitions - 2012 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=458)
-   -   Weekly Comp - The Wicker Tree - 29 Apr 2012 - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-competitions-2012/8577-weekly-comp-wicker-tree-29-apr-2012-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th April 2012 02:18 PM

Weekly Comp - The Wicker Tree - 29 Apr 2012 - FINISHED

Hey everyone,

Fancy winning the new sequel to one of the most talked about and highly-praised British cult horrors of all time? Well here's your chance!

ACCEPT OUR SACRIFICE

From the creators of the cult classic The Wicker Man

1973 saw the release of one of the most famous horror films of all time – The Wicker Man, which is now regarded as a classic of British cinema. Now, 39 years later, comes the most anticipated horror film of 2012 – The Wicker Tree. Once again directed by Robin Hardy and featuring a guest appearance from the legendary Sir Christopher Lee, this new haunting film welcomes us to a new terror starring Graham McTavish (Rambo, 2008 and the upcoming The Hobbit, 2013), Honeysuckle Weeks (Foyle’s War), Henry Garrett (Red Tails), British favourite Jacqueline Leonard (Chaplin, Doctors) and introducing Britannia Nicol in her stunning acting debut.

A Texas gospel singer and her boyfriend, both devout evangelical Christians, are sent to Scotland on a mission to spread the word of God. After a concert in Glasgow Cathedral the pair are invited by Sir Lachlan Morrison (McTavish) to preach in his remote border village. They assume their host simply wants to hear more about the Bible and are delighted when offered central roles in the fiefdom’s May Day celebrations, especially their custom of the Riding of the Laddie. But soon the horrifying reality dawns on the naïve couple as they learn the true significance of the Celtic pagan rites.

'The Wicker Tree' Trailer HD - YouTube

For more info visit The Wicker Tree | Official UK Website or The Wicker Tree | Facebook

---------------------------

To win...

For those who have seen the film, or the original you'll know that there's quite a lot of music used. Creepy and plain weird Pagan ritual songs. Freaky stuff. As such, building on this aspect of the films, I've put together four audio tracks.

These are each created from 4 well known movies' soundtracks. All you have to do is figure out what the films are. It really is that simple. Once you have all 4 simply PM me your answers. No clues again this week, as there's only 4.

Whomever gets all four correct will be entered into a random draw next Sunday, where three lucky winners will be picked.

Don't judge me on the following by the way :laugh: They're crap! But it's only a competition, just a bit of fun (plusgive a guy a break! I've never done it before!).

If you want to hear how it SHOULD be done, take a listen to Sam@Cult Labs' Wicker Man track - Goldfish Trombones by lesbianhorse on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Here they are...

1)

Wicker Tree Competition #1 - YouTube

2)

Wicker Tree Competition - YouTube

3)

Wicker Tree Competition #3 - YouTube

4)

Wicker Tree Competition #4 - YouTube

So that's it. Nice and simple this week! Just PM (Private Message) me the four films. It's that easy!

If you've made any movie-related music, why not share it here too? :)

Good luck!

Kyle

loki666 29th April 2012 03:22 PM

Think i've got them all:)

the blob 29th April 2012 06:01 PM

I'll have what Kyle's having...

the blob 3rd May 2012 11:41 PM

Shhhhhh....

I haven't had time to get into this at all this week. Probably won't get a chance either!

Actually, that was pretty easy in the end! :D

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 6th May 2012 02:13 PM

Ding-a-ling-a-ding-dong! Time's up people!

Nice and simple this week - the correct answer were (of course!)...

1) Donnie Darko

2) Shaun Of The Dead

3) Demons

4) Zombieland

Quite a lot of entries this week, so good luck! All the names have been put into a hat and will three will randomly be selected.

Here goes...

:first: Darthelvis!

:second: Loki666!

and :third: Jinx Barkman!

Well done guys, The Wicker Tree is all yours. :)

Kyle

Nordicdusk 6th May 2012 02:16 PM

Well done guys .:clap:

Hawkmonger 6th May 2012 02:19 PM

Congratulations one and three! :clap:

darthelvis 6th May 2012 02:24 PM

Awesome! Well done Loki & Jinx.

sawyer6 6th May 2012 02:27 PM

Congrats to all :clap:

Susan Foreman 6th May 2012 02:45 PM

Well done all