Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2012, 03:36 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Signed War Of The Dead DVD & T-Shirt - 28 May 2012

Hello horror hounds and welcome to yet another brilliant Weekly Competition here on Cult Labs!

This week we're giving you very lucky people the chance to win some very cool prizes! One thing I like to do with these weekly comps is to keep things fresh, fun and different each week. Well, you're in for a treat this week!

Cult Labs have teamed up with the blog for all things zombie and the director of War Of The Dead to give three lucky winners to chance to win a signed copy of this latest Nazi Zombie film (on DVD on the 28th) along with a very exclusive t-shirt!

But before I explain how, here's all the details on this release........

WAR OF THE DEAD

"LIKE AN EPISODE OF "BAND OF BROTHERS" WITH ZOMBIES." - AINT IT COOL NEWS

At the beginning of World War II in 1939, in a secret bunker near the border of Russia and Finland, the Nazis began “Anti-Death” experiments on captured Russian soldiers. Two years later the project was abandoned with all records destroyed on the orders of Adolf Hitler and the test subjects buried in mass graves nearby.

Soon after those events, an elite squad of US soldiers is teamed up with a Finnish task force and sent on a mission to seek out and destroy the bunker along with any inhabitants remaining there. Following an ambush en route to their target, during which the Allies lose a considerable number of men, to their shock and horror they later find themselves face-to-face with the same enemy soldiers they had eliminated in the earlier skirmish. The big problem this time around is the enemy is more fearless than before and much harder to kill. After all, they’re already dead.

It's Dog Soldiers meets Dead Snow in this action-packed shock-fest in which a small group of Allied soldiers comes up against a horde of Nazi zombies.

------------

But how do you win? Well...

The blog for all things Zombie have teamed up with us to give you a fun little competition!

It's true, the Nazis were in fact working on a top secret 'Anti-Death' project to bring the dead back to 'life'. After the war, this documents were ordered to be destroyed in fear that they could be replicated with disasterous effects. However, one copy managed to survive the mass burnings and has somehow leaked online!

It's your job to track each of the 8 pages down. For the good of mankind or for your own personal desire to build a zombie army - whatever. Thankfully, they've all been leaked over onto Blog Of The Living Dead
, so it's your job to head on over to this rather cool little blog and track those babies down!

Thankfully, the person who leaked these, foolishly left a big clue as to where to find the next one! Head to the site, look for the document, grab it by adding your forum name and follow the clue to find the next one. It's like a big Nazi Zombie treasure hunt! Horray! (The clues all relate to articles on the linked page above - lots of great zombie info there to check out!)

Here's how the prizes will work...

Each time you find a document (there's a total of 8) and submit your forum username you'll be entered into the draw. For every one you find, you'll have your name entered into the draw - so the more you get, the bigger your chance of winning!

Collect all 8 for a secret message

On Sunday (3rd June) three winners will be randomly selected. These three will recieve a copy of War Of The Dead signed by the film's director, Marko Mäkilaakso AND a very cool and exclusive War Of The Dead t-shirt!

How cool is that!

Now....

Of course, this competiton all comes down to luck in the end. But, being a Nazi in search of a zombifying antidote, you don't have to nessecarily play by the rules. If you want to guarentee yourself a Signed DVD and T-shirt then head over to Zombie Pandemic - a free to play MMORPG survival horror game - an ABSOLUTELY incredible online zombie game and find the rundown hotel. Once you found that, PM me it's co-ordinates and you'll instantly be rewarded with the prize. Be warned, this is a trecherous and highly dangerous route with one very nice prize reward at the end. Dare you risk it?

The first to find the posh office building will automatically win a signed DVD and a excluisve T-Shirt (just PM me the co-ordinates as soon as you have them!)

As always, anyone, anywhere may enter. This is a Region 2 release however. The T-shirt is Region 0.

Let me know if you have any troubles, queries, questions or problems and I'll sort it all out. My decision is final, yadda, yadda, ya.

Have fun and enjoy the game and the awesome blog!

Kyle and The Blog Of The Living Dead's Dave.
sawyer6 likes this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 31st May 2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 28th May 2012, 04:28 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Also, only about four (out of the 8) have been put up at the moment - the rest we be up over the week - so keep your eyes out!
Old 28th May 2012, 06:39 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
so keep your eyes out!
If I don't have my eyes in, how am I meant to see anything? Not to mention I don't really have anywhere safe to put them.
Old 28th May 2012, 06:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
If I don't have my eyes in, how am I meant to see anything? Not to mention I don't really have anywhere safe to put them.
Who uses their eyes to see?! Don't be so ridiculous Blob!

You can either keep your eyes out or keep them pealed - whichever you find most comfortable.
Old 28th May 2012, 06:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Who uses their eyes to see?! Don't be so ridiculous Blob!

You can either keep your eyes out or keep them pealed - whichever you find most comfortable.
I'll keep them out, then cut off my ears and keep them to the ground.
Old 28th May 2012, 06:56 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I'll keep them out, then cut off my ears and keep them to the ground.

And don't forget to rip off your fingers and tie them up in a nice cross too.
Old 31st May 2012, 10:22 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Since the Zombie Pandemic game (Zombie Pandemic - a free to play MMORPG survival horror game) is so huge, I'll make it a little easier.

The building you need to get to is the Posh Office Building. Head to the link and use the map to find the building (it's co-ordinates are (49,26). ) When you get there, head inside and send me a print screen or simply copy and paste the text that comes up once inside. PM me your answer and the first to do so will automatically win a signed DVD and exclusive T-Shirt of War Of The Dead.

SUPER EASY!
Old 31st May 2012, 10:48 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

And PaulD has just snatched that prize! Well done Paul - nice and speedy

Don't forget you can still win a Signed DVD and Exclusive T-Shirt of War Of The Dead by visiting the Blog Of The Living Dead site and collecting the fake zombie documents. All the info's above.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Since the Zombie Pandemic game (Zombie Pandemic - a free to play MMORPG survival horror game) is so huge, I'll make it a little easier.

The building you need to get to is the Posh Office Building. Head to the link and use the map to find the building (it's co-ordinates are (49,26). ) When you get there, head inside and send me a print screen or simply copy and paste the text that comes up once inside. PM me your answer and the first to do so will automatically win a signed DVD and exclusive T-Shirt of War Of The Dead.

SUPER EASY!
I spent hours to try to cover areas of the map to find the hotel
Old 31st May 2012, 04:05 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
I spent hours to try to cover areas of the map to find the hotel
My bad Sawyer 6. But I see you made it to Document 8 and followed the Instructions. Congrats! You`re in the draw!

Last edited by blogofthelivingdead; 31st May 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!