Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th July 2012, 03:25 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Airborne - 15 July 2012 - FINISHED

Hi all,

This week we're giving away three DVD copies of the excellent new British horror film, Airborne. Out on the 30th, this film is great fun and stars Mark Hamill no less!

Here's all the details...

Airborne

Mark ‘Luke Skywalker’ Hamill returns to the screen in his first ever starring role in a British film.

Hell quite literally breaks loose at 30,000 feet as passengers on board a Trans-Atlantic bound for New York come face-to-face with an ancient evil.

Staring Mark Hamill (the original Star Wars trilogy), Julian Glover (Games Of Thrones; Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back), Gemma Atkinson (Boogie Woogie), Simon Phillips (The Rise And Fall Of A White Collar Hooligan), Alan Ford (Snatch), and Fiona Ryan (The Tudors).

As a severe storm front rapidly closes in on the UK, all flights out of East Midlands airport are cancelled – all save Atlantic Sky Airways Flight 686, bound for New York. Shortly after take-off, several passengers become concerned when one of their number inexplicably goes missing. Their anxieties are further increased when it becomes apparent that the flight has veered off course and it is revealed that the plane is carrying an interesting item of cargo: a rare and extremely valuable ancient Chinese vase. The assumption is that terrorists are responsible, but nobody on board is showing their hand – for now. With tensions rising amongst the passengers and crew, violence soon breaks out, forcing those behind the deadly plot to expose their identities.

Meanwhile, on the ground, concerned aviation chiefs and the military have together authorised the launch of fighter jets to deal with what they believe could be a deadly hijack situation. But hijacking is soon proved to be the least of anybody’s worries when the owner of the vase recounts a myth surrounding its ancient origins.

In the fine tradition of other high-altitude thrillers such as“Executive Decision”, “Snakes On A Plane”, “Passenger 57”, “Red Eye” and “Con Air” and the winner of the British Lion Award at the 2012 British Independent Film Festival, Airborne is a Twilight Zone-esque thriller with a hint of the supernatural and some amazing production values that, for us, places it leagues ahead of what we’ve come to expect from the usual “gangster flick-centric” British indie genre movies. To top it off, it also features a welcome return to the screen for Mark Hamill who in recent years has almost been reclusive while establishing himself as one of the most in-demand voiceover artists in the business.

Airborne is out n DVD 30th July 2012. Pre-order yours here!
---------------------

TO WIN....

Simply take a look at the below images. From your control tower, something strange has happened to the airplane radar machine thing. It seems to be showing characters from films! But what are the films? Simply figure that out, PM me (Private Message me) your answers.

The three to get the most right by the end of the comp will each win this great prize. If there's a tie, those names will be randomly selected from a hat. Anyone and everyone is free to enter. This competition will close next Sunday, the 22nd.

Here's the pics...

Good luck,

Kyle
Old 15th July 2012, 09:58 PM
Cultist in Training

Got them all but the last one - it's really starting to bug me...
Old 15th July 2012, 09:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTerror View Post
Got them all but the last one - it's really starting to bug me...
Im the exact same. Give me something to think about in work tomorrow so i dont have to think about work
DrTerror and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:19 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I think I've got them all. My answers are in. I'm sure there's a couple I haven't got right. We'll see. Fingers crossed.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:22 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The last one's stumping me at the minute
Old 16th July 2012, 12:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I was able to get them all fairly easy.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:43 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
The last one's stumping me at the minute
Lies. Sussed it!
Old 16th July 2012, 11:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Would it sicken you all, that the last one is the one i got straight away? At least watching that film has finally paid off

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th July 2012, 11:31 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
I was able to get them all fairly easy.
Likewise
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:25 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Would it sicken you all, that the last one is the one i got straight away? At least watching that film has finally paid off
Er, yes - still not there

Like this? Share it using the links below!