Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2012, 11:03 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Apartment 143 - 15 October 2012 - FINISHED

Hello everyone,

This week's competition should prove to be a lot of fun! You're going to have to be virtual ghost hunters! I'll explain more in a bit, but first - the prize...

Apartment 143

"Paranormal Activity meets The Ring, a chilling Horror!" -Dean Boor, Shock Horror Magazine ****

Poltergeist” meets “Paranormal Activity” in this superlative ghostly chiller from the producers of “Red Lights” and “Buried”.

Key talent:

Screenwriter Rodrigo Cortes (the director of Buried and Red Lights) and stars Rick Gonzalez (Reaper), Kai Lennox (Yes Man; Boogie Nights), Fiona Glascott (Episodes), Gia Mantegna (And Soon The Darkness; 13 Going On 30) and Michael O’Keefe (Michael Clayton).

Synopsis:

Following the tragic death of his wife, Alan White and his two children find themselves plagued by a series of inexplicable events that eventually force them to leave their home and move into an apartment building in the city. Worryingly, within a week of moving, they once again begin to experience the strange phenomena that threaten to tear apart what is left of their family.

Desperate for answers and, hopefully, a release from what he is beginning to believe is a haunting, Alan requests the help of a small team of parapsychologists experienced in investigating and explaining such incidents. Armed with an arsenal of state-of-the-art technology, the team members set up their equipment and begin a vigil during which they will attempt to solve the mystery. But what they uncover proves to be unlike anything they have ever encountered before.

We like it because:

Strange bumps in the night are one thing, but when those bumps also occur during the day you know you are onto something much scarier than your average ghostly encounter. Working from a cracking script by “Buried” and “Red Lights” director Rodrigo Cortes, first-time feature director Carles Torrens pulls out all the stops to produce a creepy shocker you won’t want to watch alone.

Hot Quotes:

Paranormal Activity in just about every possible way… but with more action.” – BeyondHollywood.com.

“A creepy little ghost story.” – Horror-Movies.ca.

“Brilliant horror film making… This is a great movie to watch on the couch of a darkened room.” – LeftHandHorror.com.

“A healthy dose of creepy shit that will surely keep you from straying off into a lethargic daze… a film best served in the darkness of your living room and the volume turned up high.” – FilmDeviant.com.

APARTMENT 143 is out 15 October. Pre-order yours here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

TO WIN:

Apartment 143 is a fantastic film that focuses a lot on the ghost hunting side of things. Think of it as Most Haunted meets Paranormal Activity (god knows where the quote above got The Ring from!). So, here's how this competition will work.

Today, I shall create some virtual Apartment rooms. Ten in total . Three of these are haunted! You will have to use your ghost hunting skills to get inside the apartment and find out whether or not the flat is indeed haunted.

First, you're going to need a key to get into the apartments. So, later I'll be posting a series of questions (one for each room). Work out the answer, and that is the key to that virtual 'apartment' (mini-forum). Simply type in the answer into the box and hey presto you'll have access.

Once inside the room, let everyone know you're there by posting a big fat hello! You'll see a room (a picture of one). Take a VERY close look with your ghost hunting eyes. If you spot a ghost - send me a PM (Private Message) of the apartment's number! If you get it right, you'll be entered into that room's random draw with everyone else who spots the ghost.

So, work out the key, spot the ghost and let me know!

Keep your eyes pealed later today when I set this competition up fully...

Good luck Ghost Hunters!

Kyle
PaulD and sawyer6 like this.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Great idea, similar to the zombie one a few months back! I've got college this afternoon so I won't be able to join in until about 7ish, but I'll be having a bash at this!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th October 2012, 11:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Great idea, similar to the zombie one a few months back! I've got college this afternoon so I won't be able to join in until about 7ish, but I'll be having a bash at this!
See you in the room later,great comp indeed
Old 15th October 2012, 11:12 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Exactly like that one Rik - just a bit more ghostly

Good luck with this - you may want to stay in college and avoid the apartments - things might get too scary for you
Rik likes this.
Old 15th October 2012, 01:46 PM
Cultist

Haven't done one like this, didn't fully understand it as well but we'll see how it goes.
Old 15th October 2012, 02:11 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealbe View Post
Haven't done one like this, didn't fully understand it as well but we'll see how it goes.
Don't worry, unrealbe - it'll be nice and straight forward
Old 15th October 2012, 03:56 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Rightio! The rooms have now been set up and can been seen here - The Apartments! - Cult Labs

Below are 10 questions - one for each room. Work out the answers and you'll have the 'key' or, rather, the password for the apartment. Simply head to that apartment, type in the new password (in capitals) and take a look at the image inside. Can you see a ghost? Only 3 of the 10 rooms have a ghost hiding in them and they're very hard to see. So look for a faint human figure.

If you find it, PM me the room number! Get a room correct, you'll be entered into that room's random draw. Easy peasy! Remember, PM me your answers, don't post them on the threads

Here are the questions to get the passwords....

Apartment 1: A controversial BBC TV show that terrified audiences one Halloween featured a ghost nicknamed what?

Apartment 2: A romantic ghost film of the 90s saw a certain song of the film’s soundtrack appear in the Billboard charts. Name the film that the song was originally written for.

Apartment 3: Which ghost film is said to be cursed because of the film’s freaky climax?

Apartment 4: What is the real first name of the person who’s ghostly encounters was turned into several films, in which the character based upon him was named Greg and Billy.

Apartment 5: Name the film this image is from.

Apartment 6: Name the ghost film...

Apartment 7: Doctor Sleep is the title of the upcoming sequel to which classic ghost tale?

Apartment 8: Which film does this terrifying still belong to (it's got to be one of the best jump scares!)?

Apartment 9: Which 1920s ghost film is thought to be an influence on The Shining?

Apartment 10: Who is the friendliest ghost you know? Though grown-ups might look at him with fright, The children all love him so!

Good luck,

Any problems - just let me know

Kyle
PaulD and sawyer6 like this.
Old 15th October 2012, 03:59 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Excellent comp Kyle. Loads of effort has clearly been put into this - great stuff!
Old 15th October 2012, 04:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Excellent comp Kyle. Loads of effort has clearly been put into this - great stuff!
Let's just hope it works

Also, thank you to Pete for checking if the new forums...uh apartments...are password protected

Good luck guys! When there's something strange on Cult Labs, who you gonna call?
Old 15th October 2012, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Struggling with a couple of the questions
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!