Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Competitions - 2013 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=457)
-   -   Weekly Comp - Dreams And Shadows - 17th Feb 2013 - Finished (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-competitions-2013/10538-weekly-comp-dreams-shadows-17th-feb-2013-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 17th February 2013 06:58 PM

Weekly Comp - Dreams And Shadows - 17th Feb 2013 - Finished

Hi everyone,

Enjoying your weekend? :)

This week we've got something a little different to give to you good people - something that's bound to excite any bookworm out there! Written by the screenwriter of Sinister, we're giving away three copies of the excellent Dreams And Shadows!

Here's all the info...

From C. Robert Cargill, co-writer of the terrifying horror movie ‘Sinister’, comes a novel of magic and terror. Set in our world and the mythical land of the Limestone Kingdom, Dreams and Shadows follows Colby and Ewan, two young explorers from this other world now settled in ours, whose lives are forever intertwined on their journey into adulthood. They believe the Limestone Kingdom has been left far behind but there are monsters in the dark feeding on fear and Colby and Ewan are about to find out that you can never escape your fate. It’s a tale layered in its own rich mythos, where whiskey-swilling genies and murderous changelings roam but where the most fearful monsters of all may be the ones inside of us. Cargill’s debut novel is a sweeping and macabre adult fairy tale that conjures up all the power of Gaiman, Barker and Del Toro

-------------------------------

Sounds pretty amazing, right?

To win, the competition rules are incredibly simple! All you need to do is tell us about your dream or nightmare. It could be a recent dream (last nights!), a dream that keeps repeating on you or something from long ago which has stuck with you ever since.

Dreams are amazing and hopefully this competition will prove to not only be a lot of fun but interesting too!

So, don't be shy - share your dreams in this thread. They can be crazy, scary or even dull!

The three best entries will be chosen by yours truly and rewarded with a new copy of this book.

Good luck,

Kyle :coolblue:

Tracey271173 17th February 2013 07:38 PM

Scary Gran!!

I have had this same dream loads of times, always starts and ends the same, freaks me out everytime lol..

I am going visiting my gran, she stays up in these really creepy old Glasgow flats for some reason (she stays in a semi detached in real life) As im going up the stairs to her front door and chap it I can hear like witchy cackling, freaks me right out...as she opens the front door really slowly and peeks her head around it, I know its meant to be my gran but she looks really horrid, like the witch you would expect to see in a really scary fairy tale..
She tries to grab me with these long slim horrid fingers of hers and I about turn and start to run back down the stairs, jumping abut 10 stairs at a time to get away from her.
I can sense shes at the back of me and as I turn round to see where she is, shes like inches from me, stretching out trying to grab me, laughing in a scary high pitched tone..
As I get to the bottom of the flat I seem to have got infront of her quite a bit, I get outside and out onto the pavement, I can still hear her but not see her just now, I know I need to get away fast, I take off my cardigan and lie it on the ground, sit on the cardigan and use the arms as like contollers or something, pushing one arm forward to make me go forward, as I move away from the flats I look round and see her coming out the door, I start to speed up on my cardigan to get away from her..again she almost catches up with me, I push the arm faster to try and speed my cardigan up, I grab hold of the other arm of the cardigan and pull it back, this lifts the cardigan up off the ground and there I am flying away from her....LOL
Up in the sky on the back of my cardigan flying away from my gran...its always at this time I tell myself its a dream, for some reason I seem to know sometimes when i am dreaming...I tell myself to close my eyes and I count to 5 and when I open my eyes in the dream I seem to be able to waken myself up in bed..but with that horrid nervous feeling still with thinking about my scary gran chasing me lol..

So thats my dream I keep getting every now and then lol and the weird thing is my gran is nothing like that bless her lol..

trouserpress 17th February 2013 08:35 PM

I'd like to be able to tell you abut an intensely erotic dream I have every night involving Monica Belluci and a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

Sadly I've not had that dream yet, not even once, no matter how hard I try...

antmumford 18th February 2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouserpress (Post 322425)
I'd like to be able to tell you abut an intensely erotic dream I have every night involving Monica Belluci and a tub of Ben and Jerry's.

Sadly I've not had that dream yet, not even once, no matter how hard I try...

Just make it up for our reading pleasure then ;)

I used to have a recurring dream from when I was about 10 until say 15-16 where I was playing in my local park and I could see that a new zoo was being installed at the top of the hill with lots of cages getting set up. I would then cycle up the hill to see what was going on and when I got there everyone had disappeared and the big cage that had a Danger sign on would hav eit's door wide open. I'd hear this really intense loud growl and then this creature jumps out at me and chases me down the hill on my bike. I could never see exactly what it was but remember it being hairy. I'd always wake up when this creature grabs my back and throws me to the floor. Odd!
Who says it's not sensible to let kids watch horror films at a young age, did me no harm, see?....... twitch.....twitch :fear:

Demoncrat 18th February 2013 02:30 PM

I used to have a recurring dream for a good few years when I was 20-27...

It always seemed to be the same house, which I entered through a fireplace, the "carpet" was grass for some reason. This was located in a semi recognisable version of my home town, with the addition of a muddy crossroads which led to the house. not very exciting but, this is what me psyche threw up most nights.

I also had this one where I was on the fringes of a party, but couldn't reach my friends, then my teeth started falling out (an unsettling aspect, could actually feel them coming out...:eek:

I blame all this on my fondness for cheese:blush:

sethflc 18th February 2013 03:39 PM

This dream was a few months back...

I was in a high rise hotel/apartment building, really nice inside and I was partying with my friends who were in some band. There was probably 20 of us hanging out and we look out one of the windows and see a building a mile or so away quickyl engulf in flames. Then another and another. And we notice they're moving towards us pretty quickly. We decide to get out of there and see what's going on. The elevator is out of order so we head for the stairs and see the glow of flames and feel the heat rising as we look down the winding staircase. We decide we have to go down there as fast as we can or else we're dead. As we start down several men, if you could call them that, are heading up the stairs. These people are dressed in yellow suits, sort of a cross between a hazmat suit, a fireman's suit and with a sloping domed helmet. The yellow jackets had these rivets going diagonally down them that for some reason look very imposing. The helmets had a small triangle shaped window for them to see out of but it was tinted black so they were faceless to me. They were carrying a flame thrower of sorts that was just annhilating the city by burning it to the ground. Our prescnence hardly distracted them from their hellacious job and I woke up shortly after ducking one of their flame attempts at me.

From seeing the burning buildings creeping closer and closer to our building to the heat rising during our escape attempt and the imposing figures dressed in yellow with their faceless helmets... it was terrifying.

gaahl07 22nd February 2013 01:00 PM

Here is my weird dream:

I have always had a fear of intruders and now I have a young family that fear has only been enhanced so its no surprise that my dreams focus on that. I always have the dream that it is late at night and we are all safely tucked up in bed when i start to hear creepy noises. I have woods at the back of my house which only enhances this. I get up to investigate the noises quickly grabbing whatever weapon or improvised weapon I can find to take with me. I wander slowly through to my living room to see the silhouette of a man in my living room. Even though i'm frozen with fear I begin to grapple with the intruder and I usually end up laying him out with a swift uppercut or a roundhouse kick to the Puss!. The 2 funny things about this recurring dream is that firstly I have so far elbowed my wife in the shoulder while asleep, punched the wall and kicked the covers off the bed while sleeping. The second and probably weirdest part of all is that when the intruder is identified it is Maurice Gibb(RIP) from the Bee Gees.

I need to stop eating cheese!:rockon:

sethflc 22nd February 2013 01:10 PM

Ah! I can't believe I didn't immediately think of this one. This is by far the coolest/weirdest dream experience I've ever had...

I've always had an interest in medieval culture, and knights and the imagery surrounding it. King Arthur and Lancelot, history and fiction. Well one night I was 8 years old, having a dream about that stuff and I woke up from it in the middle of the night and in the corner of my bedroom was a small pile of armor. A helmet, a chest plate, a couple guauntlets and boot covers. I was scared, excited, and confused... more scared. How and why is this pile of armor from my dream in my bedroom? I slowly got up and approached it to see if it was real and got the guts up to nudge it with my foot. The faceplate on the helmet slammed down on my big toe and when I yanked it back it clanked against the other metal... I was so excited I woke up my grandad who knows a bit about dreams and is interested in them and brought him back to show him and it was gone. I was incredibly disappointed but he believed every word I said. And at that age I knew when he was actually believing me and not just being nice. The next morning I woke up with a bruised and swollen big toe. To this day he is one of 2 or 3 people I've told to believe me and that's okay with me. It was awesome.

troggi 22nd February 2013 02:28 PM

Sorry this is a little bit rude

When I was in six weeks basic training at HMS Raleigh, back in 1986, one Saturday morning we were woken by the standard pipe over the tannoy;
"The sun has got his hat on
Hip-hip-hip-hooray
The Sun has got his hat on and he's coming out to play..."
I heard the sound of the instructor's swagger stick as it banged on metal side lockers coming closer but I remained in my bunk.

The instructor, PO Garvey if memory serves, looked at me with a pained expression as if to say "What stupid excuse will you come out with this time?" He actually said "Get out of your pit, Davison."

I said "No" quite calmly and he asked "why not?"

I then had to explain to him, and all my younger colleagues (I was the oldest of the entry at 26 years old), that I had just been dreaming of an intimate meeting with Samantha Fox in a hay barn that was so realistic that I had to use my olfactory senses to make sure that it was not a fact and that modesty prevented me temporarily from removing my cover. I also inferred that the the bromide tea must have stopped working as I did not have the slightest attraction to Ms Fox.

The PO grinned and said "Well, when the swelling has subsided you can put on sports gear and run six times round the football pitch before getting changed for breakfast!"

I do hope this counts!

Luv 'n' 'ugs

troggi

Hawkmonger 22nd February 2013 03:48 PM

I dream't I was a cucumber once...what follow's can never be repeated...