Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2013, 04:40 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - WWE: Tables/Ladders/Chairs 2012 - 5th March 2013 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

How many people love a dose of wrestling? Well, slip into your spandex and prepare for the ultimate showdown!

TLC: Tables/Ladders/Chairs 2012

On DVD & Blu-Ray 25 Mar 2013

There's a phrase of “it does exactly what it says on the tin” and this event would be a fine example of that. WWE TLC: Tables/Ladders/Chairs gives you a Tables match, a Chairs Match, a Ladder Match and all three elements combined in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match! (TLC for short.) It's certainly a event that will test the threshold of pain for many WWE Superstars, but also an opportunity for some to rise to the occasion and end the year on a high!

Key talent:

Featuring John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns), Kane, Daniel Bryan, Ryback, Sheamus, The Big Show and many more.

Synopsis:

WWE caps off 2012 with the most unpredictable and chaotic annual pay-per-view on the calendar – Tables, Ladders & Chairs! Sheamus and Big Show slug it out in a brutal Chairs Match, John Cena challenges Dolph Ziggler in a Ladder Match for The Showoff’s Money in the Bank briefcase, and a renegade new faction called The Shield makes their PPV debut vs Team Hell No and Ryback. What stunning turn of events will happen when the top Superstars of Raw and SmackDown unleash Tables, Ladders & Chairs!

You'll Love It Because...

This is definitely one of the standout events of 2012. The in-ring debut of The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns), following the shocking message they sent to the WWE Universe at Survivor Series, is very memorable and definitely one to watch as they faced Team Hell No (Kane & Daniel Bryan) and Ryback in the signature TLC Match. But that's not all, John Cena faces Dolph Ziggler in a Ladder Match for the much soughtafter Money In Bank Briefcase, the Chairs match between Sheamus and The Big Show provides one of the most unique things you'll ever see in a WWE ring and so much more! WWE wraps up 2012 with an event to remember!

Special Features:
- MATT STRIKER INTERVIEWS DOLPH ZIGGLER
- Ric Flair presents the Slammy to the Superstar of the Year
- Big Show addresses the WWE Universe
- The Miz, Alberto Del Rio & Tommy Dreamer vs. 3MB
- Ryback vs. Antonio Cesaro
- Mean Gene Okerlund, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat & Jim Ross present the Slammy for Match of the Year
- John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler
- SmackDown 18th December, 2012
- Miz TV with AJ Lee, Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston
- CM Punk addresses the WWE Universe

---------------------------

Rules on how to win will follow shortly....

Kyle
Old 5th March 2013, 05:04 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

To win...

It's a free-for-all cagged fight! Simply answer the below questions and send in your answers by PM (Private Messaging) me them. Whoever gets the most correct wins the fight and wins this DVD/Blu-ray. If there's a draw, it'll be all down to luck. Nice and straight forward...

1) Name the wrestler who played Big Foot in a cult TV show of the 1970s.

2) Teaming up with Sherman Hemsley, name the wrestler who stared in a hillarious kids film in which he is tormented by a couple of kids.

3) Famous wrestler, Bill Goldberg has appeared alongside the Looney Tunes and in Family Guy. But he also played the part of an infamous holiday figure. Name that character!

4) Which John Carpenter movie stared a certain wrestler with the initials RP?

5) Which wrestler has stared with Adam Sandler and Arnie?

Good luck,

Kyle
Old 6th March 2013, 10:08 PM
Cultist

It's been ages since I watched wrestling, luckily your questions concern all the classics ;-)
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 6th March 2013, 10:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Agreed. I stopped watching about 5 years ago now, it's... ok but not what it used to be. TLC matches are awesome though. I was born in '90 so I grew up with Hardy boyz, Dudley boys, Christian & Edge classics!

The next wrestling comp totally needs a "name the wrestlers intro music" montage.
Old 6th March 2013, 11:53 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
TLC matches are awesome though. I was born in '90 so I grew up with Hardy boyz, Dudley boys, Christian & Edge classics!
Sadly, the WWE is now PG-rated, and they have a policy of "no blood", which ruins things like TLC matches, Hell in a Cell, Elimination Chamber, street fights etc

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th March 2013, 12:13 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Sadly, the WWE is now PG-rated, and they have a policy of "no blood", which ruins things like TLC matches, Hell in a Cell, Elimination Chamber, street fights etc
Kind of why it bores me now, i've seen wrestling at it's peak (to me atleast) with ECW and WWF when it was running the Hardcore belt. The wrestlers were unique aswell, not generic muscley white dudes like they are now. All the weirdos like Al Snow, Tajiri, Mankind, etc etc that used to wrestle in those matches. So many great matches that can never be replicated with the path WWE have gone (6 man hell in a hell, hell yeah).

I dunno, maybe it is exciting and I grew up. I watch occasionally but even the storylines aren't as good.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 7th March 2013, 12:31 PM
Cult Master

On a related note, it seems that William Moody, best known as Paul Bearer, has died from respiratory problems

Old 7th March 2013, 01:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
On a related note, it seems that William Moody, best known as Paul Bearer, has died from respiratory problems

At least he knows a good undertaker
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th March 2013, 01:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
At least he knows a good undertaker
But 'Taker killed Paul back in 2004!

Slippery Jack likes this.

Old 8th March 2013, 12:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Love wrestling! Here's me with a WWE Legend!
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - WWE: Tables/Ladders/Chairs 2012 - 5th March 2013 - FINISHED-piper.jpg  
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com

Like this? Share it using the links below!