Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2013, 03:29 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Collection - 21st April 2013 - FINISHED

Hi all,

Welcome to yet another great weekly Cult Labs competition! This week we're giving away the fantastic new horror film that has a body count on par with the ENTIRE Friday 13th franchise...in just one film!

Here's how to win...

The Collection

"The bottom line is that The Collection is a blast; it's pulpy, grotesque and packed with the warped sort of humor we've come to expect from Dunstan/Melton." - Shocktilyoudrop

On DVD Monday 29th April 2013

From the writers of Saw IV, V, VI and 3D comes the thrilling sequel to The Collector that works just as well as a standalone film. Tense, terrifying and packed full of action The Collection will have you on the edge of your seat - or hiding behind it!

Key talent:

Writer/director Marcus Dunstan and writer Patrick Melton (Saw IV-3D; Piranha 3DD), and stars Josh Stewart (The Collector; The Dark Knight Rises; The Walking Dead), Emma Fitzpatrick (The Social Network) and Christopher McDonald (Boardwalk Empire; Requiem for a Dream).

Synopsis:

When Elena (Fitzpatrick) is talked into attending an underground warehouse party with her friends, she finds herself caught in a nightmarish trap where the revelers are mowed, sliced and crushed to death by a macabre series of contraptions operated by a masked psychopath. When the grisly massacre is over, Elena is the only survivor. But before she can escape, she is locked in a trunk and transported to an unknown location.

Fortunately for Elena, one man— Arkin (Stewart) —knows exactly where she’s headed, having just escaped from there with his life and sanity barely intact. Going back is the last thing on Arkin’s mind, but Elena’s wealthy father (McDonald) hires a crack team of mercenaries to force Arkin to lead them to the killer’s lair. But even these hardened warriors are not prepared for what they encounter: an abandoned hotel-turned-torture-chamber, rigged with deadly traps and filled with mangled corpses. Can Arkin and the team get to Elena before she too becomes part of his gruesome “collection”?

You'll Love It Because...

It's like Aliens to The Collector's Alien with a team of badasses hunting down the mysterious serial killer and a helluva lot more nasties to be found in his lair. Full of action and gore this is a thrill-ride of a horror film that kicks into gear quickly and stays at full throttle right until the end!

Hot Quotes:
“An unapologetic celebration of splatter cinema.” - screenrant.com

“A slick, wickedly funny, and brazenly over-the-top sequel that does justice to the budding franchise.” - filmschoolrejects.com

“The production design, cinematography, make-up effects (practical effects here, no CG nonsense) and music are all surprisingly superb.” – JoBlo

“Rarely does a sequel live up to its predecessor, but the director/writing team of Dunstan and Patrick have crafted a well thought out, tense film, more than worthy of 2009’s The Collector.” - 8/10 - Starburstmagazine.com

Special Features:
  • Audio Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Marcus Dunstan and Co-Writer Patrick Melton
  • A Director’s Vision
  • Make Up and Effects of The Collection
  • Production Design
  • Special Effects of The Collection
  • Stunts of The Collection

#ScaryCollection

----------

To win, playing on the collection theme, all you have to do is let us know what the strangest thing/s you've ever collected is!

Post up photos for brownie points!

This competition will end next Sunday (the 28th April) where the three best entries will each win this excellent must-own DVD.

Good luck everyone,

Kyle
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist

When I was thirteen I spotted a large dead crow outside the library window at school. I got to school early the next day with a shoe box and it was still there. I scooped it up and hid it in the locker in my classroom until home time. During the day my friends and I began to notice an alarming number of ants crawling around over the lockers.

At home time I grabbed the box once no one was looking and took it home, where I buried it by a tree. My plan was to dig it up again in two months so I would have a complete skeleton. Sadly I forgot where it was buried.

My next attempt to develop a dead bird collection was about a year later. I found another dead bird, possibly a starling, and put it in a glass jar. This time I would watch the putrefaction and decay like a morbid scientist. This jar sat on my shelf for six months. With no air it just slowly turned to bony, feathery sludge. One day, when several friends were round, one of them opened the jar. The smell was nasty, and I chucked it in the bin.

That was the end of my collection!
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I used to collect rubbers when I was a kid, not condoms so stop sniggering at the back there, but erasers. Wherever we went on holiday, be it Sicily visiting family, Spain, Blackpool, Flamborough Head, you name it, if I went there as a kid I got a rubber bearing either place name or some type of novelty from the place. I had hundreds of them, ranging from Blackpool Tower shaped ones, to bullfighting scenarios, no idea what ever happened to them, I expect they got thrown away years ago
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd April 2013, 04:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I used to collect rubbers when I was a kid, not condoms so stop sniggering at the back there, but erasers. Wherever we went on holiday, be it Sicily visiting family, Spain, Blackpool, Flamborough Head, you name it, if I went there as a kid I got a rubber bearing either place name or some type of novelty from the place. I had hundreds of them, ranging from Blackpool Tower shaped ones, to bullfighting scenarios, no idea what ever happened to them, I expect they got thrown away years ago
I also collected rubbers and pencils.

I might still have them somewhere in the tin they've lived in for the best part of thirty years.

I'll see if i can find them and post a pic.
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I once read that a guy in Hollywood used to save his navel fluff and make handkerchiefs out of it. The article also said that some film stars owned these hankies. I thought "I'll give that a try." Sadly I was 10 at the time and my belly-button was not hairy enough to capture the lint so my plans of supplying nose wipes to the stars went unfulfilled

Monster Magnet
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:18 AM
Cult Master

I collect scars

Mind you, I cheat - most of them are self inflicted with razors!

Sorry - no pictures!!!!!
sawyer6 and troggi like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd April 2013, 06:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post

Sorry - no pictures!!!!!
Tch! I s'pose they're somewhere that cameras shouldn't go!

Monster Magnet
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Now that is hard to describe, as I have to rely on a dictionary for translation...

When I was at school we had to use fountain pens for writing and the cartridges had these little balls at the top to keep the ink in. I collected a LOT over the years and once had the idea to proudly put it on my wardrobe like a trophy, naturally it fell down and all these tiny balls fell out, pesty lil things at a diameter under 1mm, they killed our hoover too, not a very happy moment, but I found single ones frequently for a long time after that. I wonder if the buyers of the house still have them
troggi likes this.
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:53 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
I collect scars

Mind you, I cheat - most of them are self inflicted with razors!

Sorry - no pictures!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Tch! I s'pose they're somewhere that cameras shouldn't go!
Yeah - most of them were done in the bathroom!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd April 2013, 05:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Yeah - most of them were done in the bathroom!
To steal words of wisdom from Dick Emery, "Oooh! You are awful, but I like you!"
Susan Foreman likes this.

Monster Magnet

Like this? Share it using the links below!