Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2013, 05:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - The Facility - 6th May 2013 - FINISHED

Calling all fans of British Horror movies!

To celebrate this week's release of the fantastic clinical horror film, The Facility, put your British Horror knowledge to the test and you could win the film on DVD!

Here's all those lovely details...

“Tense and thrilling.”

EyeForFilm.com

Release date: 6th May, 2013

PRE-ORDER @AMAZON NOW!

Cronenbergian body-horror runs rampant in debut feature director Ian Clark’s taut, anxiety-inducing British indie shocker.

Cast And Crew

Award winning short film director Ian Clark (Jenny And The Worm) and stars Alex Reid (Misfits; The Descent 1 and 2), Aneurin Barnard (Elfie Hopkins; Citadel), Steve Evets (Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides; Five Days; Looking For Eric), Oliver Coleman (Casualty; The Other Boleyn Girl) and Skye Lourie (The Pillars Of The Earth).

Seven volunteers – students Carmen, Arif and Adam, office temp Joni, journalist Katie, estate agent Jerome and unemployed Derek – arrive at the remote Limebrook Medical Clinic to take part in a clinical trial run by ProSyntrex Pharmaceuticals. In exchange for a fee of £2,000 these human “guinea pigs” have agreed to spend two weeks in isolation testing an experimental new drug known only as Pro9. After settling into the facility, each participant is given a first injection and, following a group dinner, sent to bed. But shortly after dark, the group is woken by the harrowing screams of one of their number. Soon, each volunteer begins to succumb to the terrifying and previously unknown effects of Pro9 during a never-ending night fraught with horror, madness, violence and death.
It’s a tense, claustrophobic and overwhelmingly effective chiller that belies its low-budget origins and marks Ian Clark as a talent to watch.

Hot Quotes

“A fantastic premise… smart and well-acted… a uniquely dynamic approach, building an almost palpable atmosphere from the escalating dread and fear which appears on screen.” – Cine-Vue.com.

“Featuring a premise that’s as intriguing as it is downright scary, some effective moments of genuine terror and characters you actually care about, ‘The Facility’ delivers.” - ThoughtsOnFilm.co.uk.

“An assured début from award-winning shorts director Ian Clark… engaging and enjoyable.”
(Four Stars) – HeyUGuys.co.uk.

Special Features

The Making of The Facility
Trailer
Teaser Trailer

-----------------

TO WIN....

All you have to do is identify the British horror movies that make up the below image.

Work out all the answers and them PM me them!

Those who get all answers correct will be entered into a draw. If no one managed to get all the answers correct, then those who get the most correct will win!

There'll be a second round later in the week so get those answers in! It's not that hard

Good luck everyone,

Kyle
Old 6th May 2013, 06:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

This is so annoying. I was sure i knew the top right pic with the faces, but on closer inspection its not what i thought and its driving me nuts.

I know all the rest.
SocialNightmare likes this.
Old 7th May 2013, 11:00 AM
Cultist

Nicely done Kyle. I'm sure I know all the artwork just need to dig a little deeper in this lazy brain of mine
Old 7th May 2013, 11:11 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stuck on 3 at the minute, I know them it's just a case of remembering where from
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th May 2013, 11:52 AM
Cultist

I'm stuck at the top right and lower left atm, I am 100% sure I know them
Old 7th May 2013, 11:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It's the skull in the sunglasses that's doing my head in, gonna dig out all my film books and have a look, I didn't wanna write this college assignment anyway
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th May 2013, 12:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It's the skull in the sunglasses that's doing my head in, gonna dig out all my film books and have a look, I didn't wanna write this college assignment anyway
That was the first one i knew.
Old 7th May 2013, 12:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
That was the first one i knew.
Same for me with the one you were stuck on

Annoying thing is that I know the bloody thing
Old 7th May 2013, 12:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I think i'll be waiting until all the collages are posted before entering as it saves having to search reference material twice.
Old 7th May 2013, 12:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That's what I usually do, I have a notebook filled with all my comp answers

Like this? Share it using the links below!