Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2013, 07:20 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Dead Mine - 15th May 2013 -FINISHED

Hi all,

Fancy winning a new horror film, with the action star from The Raid? Think Aliens meets Indiana Jones and you're along the right lines....

Dead Mine

“ A terrifying, suspense filled action horror that brings the modern world face to face with unknown terrors of World War II.”

From “Mum & Dad” writer/director Steven Sheil comes this dark claustrophobic action-horror arriving on DVD. Fans of “Outpost” and “The Descent” won’t be disappointed.

Key Talent

Stars; Sam Hazeldine (The Raven; Don’t Let Him In), Joe Taslim (The Raid; Fast & Furious 6), Miki Mizuno (Guilty of Romance; Kill), Ario Bayu (Macabre; Java Heat) and director Steven Sheil (Mum & Dad).

Synopsis

A group of treasure hunters set off to a remote Indonesian island searching for wartime gold. Beset by in-fighting, things go from bad to worse when they are suddenly attacked by a mysterious enemy.

Taking refuge in an old Japanese WWII mine it quickly comes apparent that the groups treasure hunt has turned into something far more sinister, when they discover the area was used for secret medical research on P.O.W’s

When bizarre occurrences start to happen in the bunker it is revealed that the explorers are not alone and something far more deadly awaits them…

You'll Love It Because...

It is great to see the return of Joe Taslim (The Raid) and Sam Hazeldine (The Raven) leading a film stuffed with action, great scares, visual effects and impressive make-up.

With an intriguing combination of human experiments gone awry, enclosed spaces and the real effects of war on soldiers and civilians, this suspense filled action-horror will keep you guessing to the very end.

Special Features
  • Interviews with the cast and crew
  • Behind-the-scenes
  • Deleted scenes

-----------------------------

TO WIN....

Let's play a game!

All you need to do is find the connection between two names. These connections can be through films, TV shows, directors, families, etc. So, for instance,

If there was the names Robert Englund and Will Smith

You could have the connection...

Robert Englund >>A Nightmare On Elm Street >> WES CRAVEN >>> The Serpant And The Rainbow >>> BILL PULLMAN >>> Independence Day>>>>And then we get to WILL SMITH!

Manage to find a connection, simply post up a name of a well-known actor/actress/director. Then, the next person has to try and find a connection between your last name and the new one.

So, Will Smith to Jack Nicholson....

The three winners will be those who manage to get the most connections!

Good luck everyone!

So, who can connect Will Smith to Jack Nicholson?
Rik, sawyer6 and troggi like this.
Old 15th May 2013, 07:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mars Attacks!- Jack Nicholson stars as the President in Mars Attacks!, also starring Jack Black who was in Enemy of the State with Will Smith

Jack Nicholson-John Goodman
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th May 2013, 09:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Jack Nicholson>>Anger Management>>John Torturo>>Big Lebowski>>John Goodman
John Goodman-Michael J Fox
Old 15th May 2013, 09:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'm waiting for someone to do Kevin Bacon.
Old 15th May 2013, 10:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Jack Nicholson>>Anger Management>>John Torturo>>Big Lebowski>>John Goodman
John Goodman-Michael J Fox
I was actually going with-Jack Nicholson>Batman>Jack Palance>City Slickers>Billy Crystal>Monster's Inc.>John Goodman, but that works too
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th May 2013, 07:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Will Smith was in Independance Day with Jeff Goldblum, Jeff Goldblum was in the Fly with Geena Davis, Geena Davis was in Beetlejuice with Alec Baldwin, Alec Baldwin was in The Departed with Jack Nicholson.
Old 16th May 2013, 12:21 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
Will Smith was in Independance Day with Jeff Goldblum, Jeff Goldblum was in the Fly with Geena Davis, Geena Davis was in Beetlejuice with Alec Baldwin, Alec Baldwin was in The Departed with Jack Nicholson.
Sorry to see your effort wasted SCM but the question was John Goodman-Michael J Fox.

Will Smith to Jack Nicholson was Kyle's starter question.

Anyhoo

John Goodman >> One Night At McCools >> Michael Douglas >> The American President >> Michael J Fox

Next up
Michael J Fox to Bruce Campbell
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 16th May 2013, 12:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Damn
Old 16th May 2013, 01:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedorca View Post
Next up
Michael J Fox to Bruce Campbell
Micheal J Fox - made a guest appearance on the TV show Scrubs, which starred Zach Braff.

Zach Braff appeared in Oz the Great and the Powerful, directed by Sam Raimi

Sam Raimi also directed some film you guys might know called Evil Dead, which starred Bruce Campbell.

So...

Bruce Campbell to Scatman Crothers
Old 16th May 2013, 02:16 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Check this one out!

Bruce Campbell >> Spiderman >> Tobey Maguire >> The Cider House Rules >> Michael Caine >> Blood and Wine >> Jack Nicholson >> The Shining >> Scatman Crothers!

PHEW!!

Now lets do

Scatman Crothers to Jackie Chan

Like this? Share it using the links below!