Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2013, 06:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Ryu and Chun Li for me. Street Fighter is my favourite franchise, from the early 90's until now (I still play). Street Fighter II animated movie is still amazing (as is the hilarious live action JCVD one).

As a kid obviously Ryu was the greatest, Hadouken and Shoryuken were the coolest in the game plus he wasn't a girl! Charge characters were too hard for me.

He's a lone wanderer, just walks around the world (somehow) and trains by doing dragon punches on top of mountins and sitting under waterfalls.

With Street Fighter III, IV and all the games in between I grew up a little bit, play Chun now. My favourite girly character for sure.

Chun Li works for Interpol. Spends all day driving around with Guile and telling him to be a family man. Bison killed her father so she is trying to shut down the evil Shadowloo!

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday"
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 31st May 2013, 10:44 AM
Cultist

I have 2...

Bowser - for the sole fact that he's a big, bad, loud, in your face bad guy with an attitude and a great look. In the Smash Bros. games nobody ever picks him, but I do because he reminds him of me. Years ago in high school when I first played the game and had no clue what I was doing I won and all my friends who had been playing for weeks already couldn't believe I won with Bowser because he's so slow and can't avoid taking damage. Whenever we get together and throw the game in for old time's sake that still happens haha.

And this guy in the bottom right corner with the fish...

Now I pick this guy, who is a total secondary character and does nothing in the game called Legend Of The Mystical Ninja because again in high school, a friend randomly downloaded this on SNES game on his WII and we played it and for some reason at 2 in the morning, totally strung out from pizza and beers this dude walking around with a flopping fish that he absolutely could not handle was the funniest thing in the world to us to the point where I laughed and threw up.

Good video game memories take me back to better and simpler times, and those 2 guys are it.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 3rd June 2013, 06:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

This plucky little fellah deserves a mention just because everybody has forgotten him.
Laydeees ind Jennelmun! Hie preezent fower yower dell-ectation... Bugaboo The Flea!

Straight to your ultra modern computational device from that little black box that could beep...The Sinclair Spectrum 48K (them's actual kilobytes matey)!
Nordicdusk likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 5th June 2013, 03:56 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Hi all,

Just to let you know this competition has been extended until Sunday now. We've also got a very special competition planned to kick off on Sunday too. We've teamed up with a CLs member to offer something very cool. So be sure to enter that one!
Old 12th June 2013, 08:44 PM
Cult Master

Is this over or can i enter again.
troggi likes this.
Old 13th June 2013, 12:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Is this over or can i enter again.
Go for it Nordic. Quickly, squeeze one more entry in! :P
Old 13th June 2013, 01:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've always liked this badass muthaf***er!

Marcus Fenix from the Gears of War games
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 13th June 2013, 04:59 PM
Cult Master

Yusuf Amir from GTA 4 The Ballad of Gay Tony

Weekly Comp - Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - 29th May 2013 - FINISHED-gta-4-yusuf-amir.jpg

Im a really big fan of Omid Djalili so when i heard he would be doing the voice of a character in my favourite games series of all time i was over the moon. But what was in the game was so much better than i had expected everything about him is just funny but behind it hes a little daddies boy which makes him even funnier. He is flash over the top loud filthy rich and is missing a few screws in the head department. He totally fitted into the mood and feel of The Ballad of Gay Tony he summed up everything Rockstar were trying to achieve with the game.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  4.9 KB

Video contains alot of bad bad words
troggi likes this.
Old 13th June 2013, 05:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Another great character from the Dawn of Home Computing. This little blocky fellah kept us grandads awake for hours and almost stopped some from being dads never mind grandads.
From the Sinclair Spectrum 48 actual kilobytes and rubber keypad and a buzzer....Miner Willy the "Manic Miner"

Ps I can't listen to "Hall of the Mountain King" without a fast beeping Spectrum version running in the background because of this bloody game!
darthelvis likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 18th June 2013, 08:11 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

A huge congratulations to this competition's three lucky winners;

Nordicdusk's Gordon Freeman

Edgeworth's Ryu and Chun Li

Troggi's Manic Miner

Well done guys, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is now all yours!
Nordicdusk, Edgeworth and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!