Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2013, 01:16 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - 29th May 2013 - FINISHED

Calling all gamers out there!

Fancy winning the first live-action film of the Halo universe on DVD or Blu-ray? Well here's how...

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

On DVD & Blu-Ray Monday 27th May 2013

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a live-action drama based on the best-selling Xbox franchise that brings a brand-new story to life on a scale never before seen in the “Halo®” universe. Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn delivers an exciting story of heroism and sacrifice, taking fans back to the beginning of the human and Covenant war and leading into the events of Halo 4, the award-winning Xbox 360 exclusive video game.

Key talent:

Written by Todd Helbing and Aaron Helbing (Smallville, Spartacus) and directed by Stewart Hendler (H+, Sorority Row), the feature boasts a diverse cast of Hollywood talent including Tom Green (Dance Academy) and Anna Popplewell (The Chronicles of Narnia, Girl With A Pearl Earring), as well as a top-tier production team.

Synopsis:

For generations, humans travelled the stars and worked together under the banner of the United Nations Space Command. Now that peace is shattered by insurrectionists, causing a galaxy-spanning civil war.

Cadet Thomas Lasky and his fellow students at Corbulo military academy now train to make this war their future. But Lasky is conflicted about his path, and his resolve is tested when the academy comes under attack from a terrifying alien assault.

Lasky and his fellow cadets fight for survival, only to find assistance from a mysterious ally – a mythic, armored super-soldier known as the Master Chief.

You'll Love It Because...

This is exactly the sort of live action spin-off that Halo fans were hoping for. In addition to the thrilling battle sequences, gorgeous special effects and high production value, Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn comes jam-packed with numerous bonus features, including behind-the-scenes featurettes, cadet interviews, and a Corbulo Academy of Military Sciences recruitment video.

Special Features:

Blu-ray and deluxe edition packed with exclusive bonus content, including:

* The Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

* Character Interviews

* Behind the Scenes Featurettes including The Stunts of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, The Design of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and The Costumes of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

* Pre-release Vignettes

Deluxe Edition also includes limited edition cardboard sleeve, set of 4 Halo art cards and an A3 poster.

Halo 4: Forward Onto Dawn is available on both DVD and Blu-ray 27th May 2013. Order yours today.

------------

To win, all you have to do is share with us some of your favourite gaming characters. Halo's Master Cheif was recently voted as one of the greatest video game characters of all time, but what are yours?

Post a picture of your favouirte/s and add a little info explaining why. Perhaps it's for nostalgic reasons, or maybe they're just simply awesome.

Share your thoughts below to win!

The three best answers will each win a copy of this DVD/Blu-ray!

Good luck everyone,

Kyle
sawyer6 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 29th May 2013, 01:41 PM
Cult Master

Finally a comp i actually know something about i dont have ti bluff my way throug after saying that im certain not to win
PaulD likes this.
Old 29th May 2013, 05:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Finally a comp i actually know something about i dont have ti bluff my way throug after saying that im certain not to win
Old 29th May 2013, 07:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Well the best video game character is surely Jack aka Naked Snake aka Son of The Boss aka Big Boss aka Saladin (!) from the Metal Gear series

He is the legendary soldier who saved the world countless times but in the end died wrongfully as a traitor,his genes were used to create the perfect soldiers. Later he ''returned'' to set things right..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JivMqY6RM4
Nordicdusk likes this.

Last edited by sawyer6; 29th May 2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 30th May 2013, 06:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

One of my all time favourites is Dizzy from the countless Dizzy games released in the 80's. The games were super addictive and a hell of a lot of fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - 29th May 2013 - FINISHED-dizzy.jpg  
Nordicdusk likes this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 30th May 2013, 06:59 AM
Cult Master

Dizzy

Brilliant
darthelvis likes this.
Old 30th May 2013, 07:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Dizzy

Brilliant
What's more exciting than an egg!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 30th May 2013, 08:12 AM
Cult Master

I loved the dizzy games its been years since i played any of them great fun games indeed
Old 30th May 2013, 08:23 AM
Cult Master

Gordon Freeman from Half Life series.

Weekly Comp - Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn - 29th May 2013 - FINISHED-gordon-freeman-holding-heart-next-alyx-vance-gordon-freeman-25675632-1024-768.jpg

From his beginnings of quite gentle scientist to crowbar weilding savior of the world. A man of very few words well actually no words at all but as we all know talk is cheap and its actions that count. Very few characters in video games can make you connect with them emotionally and make you care what happens to them. He is no superhuman he can run at the speed of light he cant jump over building he is just a normal man in an abnormal situation which makes him even more bad ass. Gordon just proved that even the biggest nerd can kick your ass when pushed too far

sorry about lack of pictures in at work using my phone ill add some when i get home.

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 30th May 2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 30th May 2013, 11:41 AM
Cultist

Easy, Rick from splatterhouse. The game has influences from all kinds of horror flicks like evil dead II and friday the 13.

There was a new one release in 2010 and I can tell you guys it's pretty great. Espacially for you gorehounds out their.

Lets hear it for Rick
Nordicdusk likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!