Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Competitions - 2013 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=457)
-   -   Weekly Comp - Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Film - 18th June 2013 - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-competitions-2013/11138-weekly-comp-ultramarines-warhammer-40-000-film-18th-june-2013-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 18th June 2013 08:21 PM

Weekly Comp - Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Film - 18th June 2013 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Any Warhammer fans out there? Up for grabs this week is the excellent feature length animated film staring John Hurt, Sean Pertwee and Terence Stamp (the first ever Warhammer film!). Fancy winning a copy? Well, here's how...

Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/...ps20c01d85.jpg

“It’s pretty kick ass… chock full of great visuals and exactly the kind of detail fans are looking for.”
- Aint It Cool News

One of the most popular and successful wargame universes of all time, Warhammer 40,000 is explosively brought to life in this dazzling, blood-soaked CG animated movie featuring the vocal talents of Terence Stamp, John Hurt and Sean Pertwee.

Key talent:

Voice actors Terence Stamp (Smallville; Wanted), John Hurt (Merlin; Immortals; Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows; Doctor Who) and Sean Pertwee (Camelot; Devil’s Playground; Dog Soldiers), and screenwriter Dan Abnett (Games Workshop’s Black Library; Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy; 2000 AD).

Synopsis:

It is the 41st Millennium, and the only force that stands between humanity and alien hordes are the Space Marines. Genetically enhanced, clad in power armour and knowing no fear, they are the angels of death. And the greatest of them are the Ultramarines. But when a select squad of scarred veterans and raw recruits responds to a distant planet’s distress beacon, they discover that a horrific evil has been unleashed. Amidst a living nightmare of chaos, carnage, and daemonic fury, these steel battle-brothers must now survive the ultimate enemy: themselves.

You'll Love It Because...

It’s loud, it’s bloody, it has unfeasibly well-armoured Space Marines firing huge guns at anything that moves and features one of the most impressively fearsome villains we’ve seen in ages. Pure boy’s own, sci-fi escapism at its best.

Hot Quotes:

“When the violence ramps up, it is bloody and brutal in all the ways you expect 40K to deliver. At its best, it is everything you’ve been hoping to see in a 40K film.” – Aint It Cool News.

“It is chock full of action and intensity… the battle scenes are so immersive, you can almost feel the slugs as they whiz past your head.” – BoxOfficeBuzz.com.

“If you have ever played Warhammer and let your imagination run wild now is your chance to see it all finally come to vibrant violent life like never before.” – Examiner.com.

“Nails the Space Marine sloganism and boasts a strong cast of Brits.” – Total Film

“Displays some fascinating dynamics that paint the marines as something of the far-future’s knights of yore, men spiritually bonded by battle and craving glory in combat, not merely victory.” – Blu-ray.com.

“Boasts an impressive voice cast that all do a great job with their parts. Terence Stamp and John Hurt are both stellar in their roles.” – Fountainpop.com.

“Crucially, it’s a film that gets the details right.” – SFX.co.uk.

Special Features:

• Into The Void - Making Ultramarines
  • Between Chaos And Darkness - The World Of The Space Marines
  • Creating The Daemon
  • Animated Graphic Novel - Ultramarines "prequel"

--------------

But how do you win?

It's a super, super easy competition this week - all the more reason to enter!

With Ultramarines being set in the distant future, all you have to do is come up with a weird invention that may be in use in many decades or even centuries from now. A sort of Tomorrow's World of Cult Labs.

Come up with the craziest yet coolest item, give a brief description, and you could win this great film.

Post your entries below!

Three lucky people will be selected on Sunday.

Good luck all,

Kyle

Nordicdusk 18th June 2013 08:33 PM

Oh this is gonna be fun.

It may take some alcohol to come up with a crazy enough idea to win this.:lol:

Hawkmonger 19th June 2013 11:34 AM

To the booze and medication cabinet! I'll need to be tripping balls to come up with something....hhhherm.....Trrriping....Baaaalls.... .:spy:

sethflc 19th June 2013 11:35 PM

The nastiest war machine I can think of, a Gatlin gun type device that shoots/sprays out various "dirty bombs"... so many different diseases being thrown around that nobody stands a chance. This could also be the type of gun our robot soldiers use.

SCM 20th June 2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 347990)
To the booze and medication cabinet! I'll need to be tripping balls to come up with something....hhhherm.....Trrriping....Baaaalls.... .:spy:

We need to channel the methods of Hunter S Thompson for this

troggi 20th June 2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 348176)
We need to channel the methods of Hunter S Thompson for this

I just wish I could remember the sort of stuff I used to come up with when I was a sort of non-productive Hunter S. Thompson! I was so out of it I almost missed the 1980s! :doh::blush:

trouserpress 23rd June 2013 04:07 PM

I can't believe nobody has mentioned a robot sex doll yet.

trouserpress 23rd June 2013 05:59 PM

I call this one the Auto-Lonely Nerd 3000. In the future role-playing games will have become so immersive and interactive that they will effectively only work for people who don't have jobs and can spend the weeks necessary to play. Enter the A.L.N. 3000. This is a lifelike robotic 14-year old with spots and glasses held together with sticky tape. It can be plugged in to the games on your behalf, and will exhibit the same socially awkward demeanour that any game player would have if they were there themselves. The robot will play for you enabling you to have a real job and still pop in from time to time to see how you're getting on.

The A.L.N. 3000 will not need sleep or food. Just the occasional episode of Baywatch should provide enough energy to keep it going.

Rik 23rd June 2013 06:20 PM

The Bieber-Aid 4000

This miraculous device works like a regular hearing aid, except in reverse. Every time the user hears a Justin Bieber song, they instantly become deaf until either the song has finished or they are a safe distance away from the threat

Hawkmonger 23rd June 2013 06:41 PM

The Super Glove: Ever broken a piece of plastic or metal? Snapped DVD spine or lamp shade? Can't find a decent glue? Have no fear! The glue glove is a snug, convenient piece of equipment that slip's on easily and, when your hand clentches, produces the sticky substance (Ooh Eer Missus!) and repairs that damaged good in hand!