Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2013, 07:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Movie 43 & Innuendo Day! - 24th June 2013 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Any fans of Carry On, Are You Being Served?, Blackadder and other great British comedies on here? Of course there are! Well, you won't want to miss out on this competition.

To celebrate the release of Movie 43 (click here for more on this film), we're hosting a celebration of all things funny with a full day devoted to Inneundos! The first National Innuendo Day!

To enter the competition, all you have to do is join us Friday lunchtime!

Here's all the info....

Welcome to the very first National Innuendo Day! A day when you can stroke your funny bone in public and release your naughty side!

A day-long celebration of Innuendo-making!

Taking place all day throughout Friday the 28th June (2013!), National Innuendo Day is sponsored by this year’s most outrageous star-studded laugh-fest ‘Movie 43’ which unashamedly nudges and winks it’s way onto DVD and Blu-ray on Monday June 24th.

What is National Innuendo Day?

National Innuendo Day is a proud date in the British calendar - it celebrates the most coveted aspects of British comedy; Innuendo, the tongue in cheek naughtiness that harks back to the days of Carry On, Are You Being Served, Monty Python, Little Britain and that often pervades our national conversation - sometimes without us even realising! Innuendo drives comedy around the globe today including this year’s Innuendo Day sponsor, the jaw-dislocatingly funny 'Movie 43' which attracted such star names as Hugh Jackman, Gerard Butler, Kate Winslet, Halle Berry, Emma Stone, Stephen Merchant, Uma Thurman and even Richard Gere to the cast.

How can I slip into Innuendo Day?

More easily than you think! Friday 28th June is a day to challenge yourself and others around you (should you wish to) turn the most innocent of conversation into an innuendo-riddled fun fest! Tell the boss, don’t tell the boss, see if you can get away with it but above all else remember the longer you can perform undetected the more thrilling the climax!

Keep a score, place bets or just revel in the satisfied knowledge that your work presentation, client liaison, customer service or however you spend your day has a delicious thread of subversive naughtiness running through it. Just remember though it’s not about being rude or nasty - classy innuendo-making requires you to engage in the subtle art of tickling the funny bones of those around you before they even realise your verbal caress has taken place!

What naughtiness is planned?

National Innuendo Day will take to social networking to spread the joy of innuendo-making en masse. Twitter and Facebook will throb with fun, games, witticisms and innuendo-laden clips from classics right through to our sponsor; Movie 43.

The #InnuendoDay Twitter Event!

We have planned a very special lunchtime tweet-fest to erupt all over Twitter from 12pm until 2pm! Using the hashtag #InnuendoDay, Twitter will become one giant pulsating innuendo with a whole host of games and conversations planned throughout the two hours that's bound to tickle that elusive sweet spot! These include naughty limericks, song lyrics tomfoolery, unintentionally amusing film titles and much, much more!

Win Prizes!

We'll also be giving away a selection of amusingly wry prizes too throughout the day including copies of Movie 43 to reward the wittiest innuendo-making that we spot taking place online.

This is your one chance to stand proud for who we are as a nation... a bunch of deliriously witty vagabonds with a passion for word play and double-entendres! Head to the following links now for further information and let's show the world exactly how innuendo is delivered!

Don't forget to follow @InnuendoDay on Twitter to join in with the fun!

If you would like your FREE #InnuendoDay package bulging and bursting with naughty treats then send me a PM or email me at kyle@fetch.fm and we'll get everything you need for you.

Good luck guys - see you there!

Kyle
rahul7864 likes this.
Old 24th June 2013, 08:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm in.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 24th June 2013, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Me too!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th June 2013, 06:38 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
I'm in.
*Snigger*!
Prince_Vajda likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 25th June 2013, 07:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Did I just see Blackadder and Monty Python name-checked in a post celebrating Movie 43... ?

...Nah, I must've read it wrong. Carry on . . . !
Old 25th June 2013, 10:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Sounds good, I'll try my luck, or did I not understand something here? I'll just send that PM and see what happens ;-)

Edit: I hold that PM for the moment, somehow the word "national" disturbs me a bit, any Germans allowed to get that film? I wait for an answer...
Old 25th June 2013, 10:08 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
Sounds good, I'll try my luck, or did I not understand something here? I'll just send that PM and see what happens ;-)

Edit: I hold that PM for the moment, somehow the word "national" disturbs me a bit, any Germans allowed to get that film? I wait for an answer...
Of course, Roughale. Although, you may not recieve the Innuendo Day package in time. It'll also be at UK time too.
Old 26th June 2013, 09:19 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Of course, Roughale. Although, you may not recieve the Innuendo Day package in time. It'll also be at UK time too.
I'll take just the film then

I'll try to be serious here at work on Friday, the only way to maybe be noticed as being different that day
Old 26th June 2013, 11:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just received my goodie pack
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th June 2013, 12:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not sure I'll be wearing this hat too often!

Weekly Comp - Movie 43 & Innuendo Day! - 24th June 2013 - FINISHED-snapshot_20130626.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!