Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2013, 01:43 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Frankenstein's Army - 1st October 2013 - FINISHED

Happy October everyone!

In case you haven't guessed yet (really?!), Frankenstein's Army is out now on DVD! With the craziest creatures since Hellraiser and as much fun as Dead Snow, cult horror fans will LOVE this.

Here's your chance to win....

FRANKENSTEIN'S ARMY

"Nothing short of amazing" - 4 stars
- Bloody Disgusting

An insanely suspenseful and sinister game-changer for the Nazi horror genre!

With a wealth of teeth-chattering scares and blood-curdling gore, Frankenstein’s Army unearths the true horrors of World War II with an electrifying twist! “Dead Snow” meets “Outpost” by way of “Silent Hill”!

Key talent:

Director Richard Raaphorst and Executive Producer Badie Ali (The Innkeepers; Stake Land) and stars Karel Roden (Hellboy; The Bourne Supremacy), Joshua Sasse (Rogue; The Big I Am), Luke Newberry (Anna Karenina; Quartet), Andrei Zayats (X-Men: First Class; Fast & Furious 6) and Mark Stevenson (Doctors; The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy).

Synopsis:

Whilst pushing into eastern Germany toward the end of World War II, Russian soldiers unearth a secret Nazi lab that has begun experimenting with the journal of one Dr. Victor Frankenstein. The scientists have used the legendary Frankenstein's work to assemble an army of super soldiers stitched together from the body parts of their fallen comrades and a disturbing fuse of apparatus and machinery - a desperate Hitler's last ghastly ploy to escape defeat.

You'll Love It Because...

Frankenstein’s Army
is the next generation Nazi horror shocker. Abstaining from the time-honoured traditions of the typical found-footage horror, director Richard Raaphorst delivers a story that is the most fear-inducing and visually conquering horror of its kind since the nerve-jangling “Dead Snow”. With a truly disturbing character design reminiscent of Del Toro, Frankenstein’s Army firmly puts its own remarkable stamp on the horror warfare genre!

Hot Quotes:

“Genuinely imaginative and disturbing monster design” - Kim Newman, Empire

“It’s rare that a found-footage horror stands out these days, but Richard Raaphorst's debut does just that.” - SFX

“The best survival horror screen experience so far” 4 stars - Starburst Magazine

“Wonderfully designed creations reminiscent of Del Toro” 4 stars - Starburst Magazine

“The best Nazi zombie film since Dead Snow!” - Scream Magazine

“Slick, dark & gory!” - Scream Magazine

“A splatter-tastic descent into horror!” 4 stars - Box Office Buz

“Thrilling, chilling and ghoulishly entertaining” - Brutal As Hell

“Shockingly inventive, knowingly humorous and brilliantly bloody” - Dread Central

“Nothing short of amazing” 4 stars - Bloody Disgusting

Special Features:

- Trailer

- 30 Minute ‘Making Of’ Feature

FRANKENSTEIN'S ARMY is available on DVD 30th September 2013. Pre-order yours online today!

-----------------------

TO WIN.....

Frankenstein's Army contains some of horror's greatest and most bizzare monsters of all! When a crazed Nazi scientist merges re-animated body parts with WWII technology, we end up with zombies with propellor blade heads, mine bodies and all sorts of craziness!

So... to win all you need to do is come up with your own twisted and strange horror monster, by mixing a re-animated corpse (or part of one!) with a modern day piece of technology or machinery.

What would it do? What would it be called? What would it's weapons be?

Let us know below to enter!

At the end of the competition (Sunday),the best three entries will be selected and rewarded with a copy of Frankenstein's Army!

Pictures are more than welcome.

Good luck!

Kyle
Nordicdusk and Vipp like this.
Old 1st October 2013, 09:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

All i need is a pepperoni Pizza and this film and my weekend is set. So i might be so early to enter this that you might think i shit the bed but i do love Frankenstein and War so this was a no brainer. i even drew a picture to grab as much 'Crappy drawing' Kudos i could. here is my reasoning behind my soldier of death.

Propeller arm is a must for battle in the trenches, its wide and anyone that has seen the film 'Braindead' knows this guy means business. For those enemies to cool for school and outside of my trench i have the essential Flamethrower hand on the other side of my messed up soldier creation to clean up the rest of the enemies trying to attack my bunker.

I also have a good old gas mask infused face to help ward of any attempt to gas my creation, this guy is going to be the last man standing.

I realize i might have taken this a little to seriously, I'm going back to the 'Guess the movies thread' where i feel normal. Haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Frankenstein's Army - 1st October 2013 - FINISHED-vipps-shit-frankenstien-zombie-soldier-drawing.jpg  
Old 1st October 2013, 10:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Great drawing Vipp!
Vipp likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st October 2013, 11:32 PM
Cult Master

I love the drawing Vipp that alone deserves a dvd
Vipp likes this.
Old 2nd October 2013, 06:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

The iDrone 666 - A reanimated head with large gnashers grafted onto a reanimated arm wearing the new Apple iphone watch thingymijg! The iDrone 666 has the capability of eating your flesh while you enjoy a game of Plants vs Zombies.

Special Features of the iDrone 666

App store - download the latest apps whilst the zombie apocalypse eats you alive
Music - The iDrone 666 will play your favourite song as it bites down and rips you to pieces, go out in style.
Camera - The iDrone 666 will take pictures of you dying in agony for your loved one's to enjoy.
Email - Receive no emails as everyone you know has already died you dozy bastard

Take a bite out of life with the iDrone 666
Rik and Vipp like this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 2nd October 2013, 08:18 AM
Cult Master

The ungodly melding of Frankenstein's creation, Alice Cooper and Lady Gaga!!

Actually, this was a stage prop used by Alice when he performed a version of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" on stage a few years ago
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - Frankenstein's Army - 1st October 2013 - FINISHED-pic237.jpg  
Vipp likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Ze Sherman should know the korreckt ansverr, so hier it goess:

Der Wiener Schnitzler

Zis gennetikally enhanst bio-soldat iss a nice weppon as it is werry hart to resisst, becauss ze Wiener Schnitzler approshess ze targets wiz ze irresisstabel scharm off ze capital Austrien peepel and once it iss closs enaff it will start ze schnitzeling and leaf only tiny bits and pieces of ze wicktims enschurink a nice wisual mess, filmed wiz an internally installt HD Kamera - optionally enhancabel for live streemink!

(do you need a translation of that? )
Vipp likes this.
Old 2nd October 2013, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
The iDrone 666 - A reanimated head with large gnashers grafted onto a reanimated arm wearing the new Apple iphone watch thingymijg! The iDrone 666 has the capability of eating your flesh while you enjoy a game of Plants vs Zombies.

Special Features of the iDrone 666

App store - download the latest apps whilst the zombie apocalypse eats you alive
Music - The iDrone 666 will play your favourite song as it bites down and rips you to pieces, go out in style.
Camera - The iDrone 666 will take pictures of you dying in agony for your loved one's to enjoy.
Email - Receive no emails as everyone you know has already died you dozy bastard

Take a bite out of life with the iDrone 666
I was gonna do an iPhone related entry, will have to get my thinking cap on again
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

A 6 foot muscle bound bloke with shears as his hands and spinning blades as his eyes. Called Inferno Blade.
Vipp likes this.
Old 7th October 2013, 09:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

A huge congratulations to the three lucky winners of this competition:

Vipps! Loving that monster, pal and that drawing is great!

Darthelvis' iDrone 666!

Roughale's crazy german creature!

Well done guys, this film is now all yours

Kyle
Vipp likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!