Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2013

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th November 2013, 10:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Awesome. I'll send you the script when it's done along with some notes on what we're kinda after so you can have a play around. Then when it's been cut together I'll send you that so you can time the score better to the images, if that makes sense?
Sounds good to me, I'm gonna re-score the sample film too, just for shits and giggles
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th November 2013, 11:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anyone else taking part in this?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th November 2013, 10:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just finished filming one of our entries a couple of hours ago. Feel so physically and emotionally drained I just want to curl up and cry (feel totally burnt out after 12+ hours of shooting). Hoping to have a rough cut done over the next few days.
Rik and Slippery Jack like this.
Old 30th November 2013, 10:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just finished filming one of our entries a couple of hours ago. Feel so physically and emotionally drained I just want to curl up and cry (feel totally burnt out after 12+ hours of shooting). Hoping to have a rough cut done over the next few days.
And there's me, composing sat in front of a computer with a keyboard and a guitar*

*still rather be doing what you're doing though
PaulD likes this.
Old 1st December 2013, 10:17 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've already played my part . . .
Rik and PaulD like this.
Old 1st January 2014, 07:33 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Well, after a ridiculously stressful few days both entries were uploaded in time. The idea was that I'd edit one entry and the camera operator would do the other. I was fine with that even though he'd been a bit flaky of late due to personal reasons and I'd said on numerous occasions that if he'd wanted to leave it I'd be more than happy to do it. Anyway, my edit was largely done, save for making the titles look nice, grading the first half of the film and fixing the audio when on Christmas Eve I received a message from the editor saying he was having 'laptop problems' and wouldn't be able to do the edit (yeah right). So basically, Who's There was uploaded largely as it was and I spent about 3 days editing Santa's Slay from scratch, meaning both didn't turn out quite how I'd like (and when I say editing, I mean editing, colour grading, audio-mixing, and foley, the last part being so frustrating as it takes so long to get right, is really wonderful when it works well yet something no-one ever notices or credits.). The joys of no-budget filmmaking. Anyway....enjoy!

(big thanks to Rik and Slippery Jack for their help and involvement!)
Rik, Slippery Jack and sawyer6 like this.
Old 1st January 2014, 09:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Top work, Paul!!! Mind boggling to think you achieved all of that in such a short space of time. Bravo on the Tenebrae reference . And well done to Rik on the creepy score!

When are the results announced?
Rik and PaulD like this.
Old 2nd January 2014, 11:57 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The top 6 films are shortlisted on January 26th then the winners announced a month later. There are some great pieces of work entered in it so I'm not too hopeful but it was good just to get it done
Rik likes this.
Old 3rd January 2014, 02:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Was an absolute pleasure working on this, really enjoyed it, so thanks to Paul for asking me

And thanks to SJ for the kind words
Slippery Jack and PaulD like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!