Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2013, 09:58 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #3 - No One Lives - FINISHED

Hi all,

Time for another chance to win some prizes this Christmas - third time lucky!

Up for grabs today is the excellent and hugely fun new slasher, No One Lives...

No One Lives

Opens in UK cinemas Friday 31st May 2013

The acclaimed director of “Versus” and “The Midnight Meat Train” concocts a bloody cocktail of the horror, thriller and action genres, and introduces audiences to a brand new horror icon in this smart and totally unpredictable shocker.

Key talent:

Director Ryuhei Kitamura (Versus; The Midnight Meat Train) and stars Luke Evans (The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug; Fast & Furious 6; The Raven; Tamara Drewe; Clash Of The Titans), Adelaide Clemens (The Great Gatsby; Silent Hill: Revelation; Parade’s End), WWE superstar Brodus Clay, America Olivo (Maniac; Bitch Slap; Tansformers: Revenge Of The Fallen; Friday the 13th), Lee Tergesen (Red Tales; Generation Kill; Desperate Housewives; Oz), Lindsey Shaw (Pretty Little Liars; 10 Things I Hate About You) and Laura Ramsey (The Covenant; She’s The Man; Venom) and award-wining cinematographer Daniel Pearl (Friday the 13th, Aliens vs. Predator – Requiem; Pathfinder; Invaders From Mars; The Texas Chain Saw Massacre).

Synopsis:

Driving across country while relocating from their previous home, an unnamed man and his girlfriend, Betty, stop for food at a remote roadside bar/diner deep in redneck country. A minor run-in with a member of a ruthless criminal gang based in the area leads to the couple being taken hostage and installed in an abandoned farmhouse. But all is not as it seems. When Betty is unexpectedly killed and a shocking discovery is made in the trunk of her car, the tables are dramatically turned when the true identity of her boyfriend is revealed. Soon, the gang members find themselves up against a smart and urbane, but equally ruthless and fearless killer, who adheres to a terrifying personal motto.

We like it because:

Soon to be huge in Hollywood, Welsh-born “dreamboat” Luke Evans (The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug; Fast & Furious 6; The Raven; Tamara Drewe; Clash Of The Titans) steals the show as the most charming and enigmatic psycho killer ever to grace the screen (imagine Hannibal Lecter with sex appeal). Seriously, this guy is even more of an American Psycho than Patrick Bateman. Within five minutes of its opening sequence, what starts out looking like an “I’ve seen all this before” slasher becomes something else entirely: something you really have not seen before. Director Kitamura and writer David Cohen stylishly deliver a gory and twist-filled shocker that almost defines the term “crowd-pleasing popcorn movie”. Definitely a film to be seen with an audience if at all possible, “No One Lives” also introduces a horror anti-hero worthy of standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees.

Hot Quotes:

“American Psycho meets Rambo in this very bloody exciting highway to hell horror.” – Peter Fuller, Movie Talk.

“Blood and guts galore from Japanese director Ryuhei Kitamura.” – Amit Sharma, Metal Hammer.

“Fixes its crimson gaze on you and never lets go.” – Peter Fuller, Movie Talk.

“Chock-full of creative carnage.” – Front.

“Non-stop mayhem from start to finish.” – Front.

“Brilliant fun, with a cool, menacing turn from Luke Evans.” – Screengeek.

“The title isn’t just a suggestion, it’s a rule, and watching the madness that explodes from the screen is sure to please crowds looking for non-stop action and bloody violence.” – Toronto Film Scene.

“What starts as a typical ‘bad guys tie the good guys up and torture them’ movie is quickly spun on its head thanks to a refreshing premise that I won’t ruin here. What follows is a very bloody movie, with plenty of one-liners, a high body count, and an intense finish.” – EntertainmentMaven.com.

“Kitamura gives fans kills that will induce cheers of excitement.” – Dread Central.

“Kitamura’s wonderful eye is again on display here, with inspired camerawork and a gritty aesthetic.” – The Horror Section.

“A fun gorefest.” – The Horror Section.

“One of the most entertaining films around.” – Toronto Film Scene.

This horror film is a MUST see and hugely entertaining! Be sure to like the official Facebook page and follow the Twitter page too.

======================================

TO WIN....

You may have seen my post in the Bigfoot Thread about a new (awesome) film called Megafoot...

Inspired by this, all you have to do is prove how damn awesome you are!

Come up with the most awesome film title/brief plot that you can. Think AWESOME! Pirates, Ninjas, Robots, Zombies - awesome things!

The MOST AWESOME entry will win this great new film in time for Christmas.

The competition will end tomorrow so get entering!

Good luck all,

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Like anyone can beat Bigfoot Terminators.

Old 3rd December 2013, 10:08 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Old 3rd December 2013, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post

Try chuck norris.
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Try chuck norris.
His power came from his beard last i seen its gone so Bigfoot wins on hairiness alone
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 3rd December 2013, 10:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Yule Hog: The Deliverance.

Synopsis: It's Christmas eve and Santa makes one last check on his warehouse and stock before wrapping up for the night. Making his way into the Elf toy floor factory with his pet pig, Santa falls head first into the Tranfomatrafield - a special device designed to fuse gifts together without the need for glue. Santa drops out, gruesomely fused with his pet pig, his hoofed ass isn't ready to quite yet, despite threats from the authorities Santa has a job to do. How many kids will he kill accidentally as he delivers presents with his mangled finger hoof hands?Will the cops shoot him down before midnight? Where did santa pull that shotgun from?

You can find out this festive season. Check for local listings.

Tag Line,
This Christmas, Santa's hogging all the presents.
Demoncrat and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 4th December 2013, 09:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm Ogami Norris

The hardest man ever to live combined by the greatest samurai warrior ever lived.
I'm so hard there is even a page dedicated to me about how hard, telling jokes about me that I'm hardest man alive.
I've killed over 50 people who where attacking me in one go, thousands had ploted to kill me without fail, so a big hairy monster should be quite simple.
Old 4th December 2013, 09:28 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Inspired by this, all you have to do is prove how damn awesome you are!

Come up with the most awesome film title/brief plot that you can. Think AWESOME! Pirates, Ninjas, Robots, Zombies - awesome things!
'The Awesome Invasion of the Robotic Ninja Zombie Pirates in 3D'

Plot: The Earth is invaded by a band of robotic ninja zombie pirates.

Tagline: Only one person can save the planet - YOU!

The best thing about this film is, when you get your ticket to see it, you are given a gun so you can blast the critters out of the screen!!!!

Hmmm - I'm not doing too well at the Christmas comps this year am I!
Demoncrat likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th December 2013, 09:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
'The Awesome Invasion of the Robotic Ninja Zombie Pirates in 3D'

Plot: The Earth is invaded by a band of robotic ninja zombie pirates.

Tagline: Only one person can save the planet - YOU!

The best thing about this film is, when you get your ticket to see it, you are given a gun so you can blast the critters out of the screen!!!!

Hmmm - I'm not doing too well at the Christmas comps this year am I!
Or blast anyone else who is irritating you eg people on phones, who talk a lot, or make so much noise rustling a bag off sweet.
Vipp likes this.
Old 4th December 2013, 10:02 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I won this in a comp on here earlier this year so won't enter but will say it's a great film and definitely worth entering for.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!