Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2013, 12:28 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #12 - Wentworth Prison Box Set - FINISHED

Hello everyone,

Yeah, yeah I know - it's a little late! Sorry!

In this competition we're giving away a box set of one of the greatest TV shows of the year; Wentworth Prison - a personal fave of mine and an absolute must see!

Here's all the info...

Wentworth Prison Season 1

The series that has taken Australia by storm. Drama with conviction.

The highly acclaimed hit Australian drama “Wentworth Prison” is everything you want it to be and more. Gripping, violent, funny and sexy, this contemporary reboot of the classic “Prisoner: Cell Block H” follows Bea Smith as she joins the dangerous ladies of Wentworth’s Correctional Centre and becomes embroiled in a war between the inmates that the screws cannot hope to control.

Key talent:

Stars Danielle Cormack (“Legend of the Seeker”, “Underbelly”)

Nicole Da Silva (“Rush”)

Kris McQuade (“Home & Away”, “December Boys”)

Robbie Magasiva (“The Tattooist”, “The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers”)

Leeanna Walsman (“Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones”, “Underbelly”).

Synopsis:

Bea Smith begins her life as a remand prisoner in Wentworth Correctional Centre after being charged with the attempted murder of her husband. Finding herself caught up in prison politics, Bea must soon choose sides as rising top dog Franky Doyle is set to go to war when the old leader of the pack, Jacs Holt, returns to the compound to pull Franky back into line. With danger around every corner Bea must traverse the politics of living in prison, which place not only her life in the balance but that of her family as well.

You'll Love It Because...
Wentworth Prison can be likened to classics such as Bad Girls but also stand against some of the toughest HBO drama’s around. It’s not just TV, “This is TV!” Wentworth Prison is the show we have all be waiting for; mixing drama, violence, comedy and real life issues, this show encompasses a number of elements that fans of film and TV cannot ignore. Each episode will provide memorable moments that you willl want to talk about, to share and to experience again and again.

Shocking, exciting, suspenseful; just a few words to describe Wentworth Prison.

This is unmissable entertainment that you must watch from start to finish!

Hot Quotes:

“Masterful” - News.com.au

“Shocking, Intense, A Drama that stands toe to toe with Game of Thrones, True Blood and Hannibal” 5 Stars - boxofficebuz.com

‘Wentworth is back and you won’t want to look away” - WAToday.com

Special Features:

Deluxe Edition: Over 2 hours of bonus material including behind the scenes episode features, cast & crew interviews and set tours.

Each episode is also available on iTunes the day after its broadcast, prices as follows:

SD: £1.89, series pass £15.99

HD: £2.49, series pass £19.99

Wentworth Prison Series 1 will be available on DVD Monday 4th Nov. 2013. Pre-order yours here today.

-------------------------------

TO WIN:

Simply let us know what your favourite Christmas special TV is! It can be a comedy like Some Mothers Do Ave 'Em or even a certain Christmas episode of a soap - or anything in between. Animated, live action - whatever! As long as it was a Christmas episode.

Let us know your faves below...

One lucky winner will be selected at the end of the competition (tomorrow evening). So, pick something good - remember there's no limit to the amount of entries either.

Good luck,

Kyle
Old 14th December 2013, 03:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have to go with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer from '64. An absolute classic that is required viewing around this time of the year.
Old 14th December 2013, 06:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

The Simpsons Pilot Episode - Homer saves Christmas for the family when he brings home Santas little helper. It never fails to make me cry!
pedromonkey and Nordicdusk like this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 14th December 2013, 11:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have to watch 'The League of Gentlemen' Christmas Special. (on the VHS/DVD box cover i remember it saying 'Yule Never Leave'

It's a great set of short films like Vaults of Horror folded into a Christmas special - it also explains the origin of Mr Chinnery's misfortune with animals.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 14th December 2013, 03:23 PM
Cult Master

Christmas Comp #12 - Wentworth Prison Box Set - FINISHED-father-ted-1292846097-article-0.jpg

For me it has to be Father Ted Xmas special. A group of priests stuck in the largest lingerie section in Ireland.
Old 14th December 2013, 05:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Fast Show Christmas Special is 50 minutes of christmas sketches that has me in stitches every time.
Old 14th December 2013, 07:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The 'Boxing Day Social' episode of On the Buses always gets a spin at this time of year. From Jack chatting up Arthur's sister to Olive's drunken dancing, this episode has it all!
Old 14th December 2013, 08:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Royle Family Xmas specials are usually pretty funny, especially the one from a couple of years back with this scene

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th December 2013, 02:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

What else

Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 15th December 2013, 09:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I quite like the only fools and horses christmas special

Like this? Share it using the links below!