Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th December 2013, 12:18 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Christmas Comp #15 - Baytown Outlaws - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Fancy winning a fab action-packed Mad Max-esque film? You'll love this one!

On DVD & Blu-Ray 26 Dec 2012

“A riot of slick and sick Tarantino-style escapism.”

Alan Jones, Film4 Frightfest

More potent than a shot of Alabama moonshine, Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives) and Billy Bob Thornton (Eagle Eye; Bad Santa), star in THE BAYTOWN OUTLAWS, a super-charged, foul-mouthed and very bloody, Tarantino-esque action-comedy, directed and co-written by Barry Battles and co-starring Paul Wesley (The Vampire Diaries), Daniel Cudmore (The Twilight Saga), Thomas Brodie-Sangster (Game Of Thrones), Travis Fimmel (The Beast), Clayne Crawford (24), Michael Rapaport (Prison Break) and Zoe Bell (Whip It; Bitch Slap; Death Proof).

Writer-director Barry Battles (along with co-writer Griffin Hood) wears his love of cinema on his sleeve with this violent and breathtakingly-paced road-romp through the Deep South, dishing out references to the likes of Rambo, The Warriors, The Devil’s Rejects, The Terminator and even E.T. as the bullets fly and the body count mounts. Throw in Eva Longoria looking amazing in a vest-top and a pair of Daisy Dukes and a rocking soundtrack that includes the likes of Clutch, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, amongst others, and you have one hugely entertaining ride that is destined for cult status.

Meet the Oodies, a trio of redneck hillbilly brothers whose main source of fun – and only source of employment – is illegally enforcing several unwritten laws on behalf of the local corrupt sheriff. When their latest job goes disastrously wrong and ends in a massacre at the wrong address, the brothers are approached by Celeste, a witness to the mayhem, with a proposal. She’s willing to pay them $25,000 for the safe return of her godson, who has been kidnapped by her ex-husband. What she fails to tell them is that the man in question is a ruthless mobster who believes Celeste is dead, having previously arranged for one of his goons to pump her full of lead.

Unsurprisingly, what should be a simple rescue mission soon turns into a southern fried battle royale of epic proportions as the brothers fall foul of a seemingly endless parade of psychopaths and miscreants who want them dead, ranging from a gang of crazy-ass biker chicks and a pack of ruthless road warriors to Federal agents, crooked cops and some very angry Native Americans.

==========================

TO WIN:

Simply let us know what the greatest Christmas gift you have ever receieved (or given) has been. That's it!

The best will win themselves a copy of Baytown Outlaws.

Good luck,

Kyle
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 19th December 2013, 02:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

When I was about 10, I got an awesome Tasco telescope, had it for years and used to set it up every night during the Winter months when the sky was clear

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th December 2013, 10:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

The might zx spectrum....it was passed to me from my brother but it was totaly awsome for the whole one day that it worked lucky games only costed a few pounds at the time (early 90's).
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas Comp #15 - Baytown Outlaws - FINISHED-zx_spectrum-.jpg  
Susan Foreman and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 19th December 2013, 10:37 PM
Cult Addict

First set of Tarot cards when I was 13.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 20th December 2013, 08:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

It's a tough question but I would have to go with a signed copy of Jeff Buckley's Live at Sin e E.P. from my wife. Jeff Buckley is my favourite singer of all time and one of my major singing influences growing up. I've arranged and sang at 2 tribute concerts for Jeff who sadly passed away too early in 1997. Discovering Jeff's voice led me to get singing lessons to improve my voice and it really helped develop my range.

I'd always wanted to meet Jeff but sadly that would never happen so was really touched when my wife gave me the signed E.P. for Christmas. I'm hoping to get a special frame for it and have it pride of place in the house!
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 20th December 2013, 09:25 AM
Cultist

for me its this boxset:

also the first hammer horror movies I have seen.
Susan Foreman and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 20th December 2013, 11:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've had alsorts over the years from my wife,
Laptop, expensive clothes, ps3 when mine packed up,
But best prezzy has to be a DVD and joke book form someone of here when I did the secret Santa.
Nordicdusk likes this.

Last edited by gag; 20th December 2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 20th December 2013, 05:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

This guy ,he's my best friend,we talk all day and sometime sings to him Me And My Monkey

Old 25th December 2013, 01:46 AM
Cult Master

The best gift i have gotten has to be this years gifts from my Girlfriend. Arrows Squirm on Blu Ray Arrows Silent Night Deadly Night Arrows Savage Streets and region free Blu Ray Player and Seed of Chucky as my first region 1 Blu Ray. What more would a film fan want. I had been after Savage Strrets for so long and the Blu Ray player. Perfect gifts.
Old 29th December 2013, 07:24 AM
Cult Rookie

The best Christmas gift I ever received!?
That's so hard to pick!

When I was about 7 I received a drum kit from my dad, That was probably the best ever.
Since then though, Every year has been great!
I was pleasantly surprised this year actually. I received 2 completely unexpected gifts from my mother (Very surprising because this year I feel like she was having a hard time money wise and now that all the kids are older, gifts were a lesser important thing and I never asked for anything nor did I expect much.) I however received from her the 5 disc Extended 3D blu-ray of The Hobbit with a statue limited to 8,000 copies.

Also received from her this year a bottle of Dan Akroyd's Crystal Head Vodka.

Really happy with those gifts!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!