Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Competitions - 2014 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=533)
-   -   Weekly Comp - Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell + Lobby Cards! - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-competitions-2014/12240-weekly-comp-frankenstein-monster-hell-lobby-cards-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th May 2014 09:58 PM

Weekly Comp - Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell + Lobby Cards! - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure you all know, Hammer's Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell was released on double play (3 Discs!). It's an incredible set! In case you haven't picked up your copy yet (what's wrong with you?!) here's your chance to win not only the new release, but also an exclusive set of Lobby Cards (only 20 have been created!).

Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell!

Available on DVD & Blu-Ray from Monday 28th April 2014

Starring the inimitable Peter Cushing, the last of Hammer’s acclaimed series of “Frankenstein” films and the final feature film directed by the legendary Terence Fisher.

Key talent:

Director Terence Fisher (The Curse of Frankenstein; Dracula; The Mummy; The Curse of The Werewolf; The Devil Rides Out)

Writer Anthony Hinds (The Curse of The Werewolf; Dracula: Prince of Darkness; Frankenstein Created Woman; Dracula Has Risen From The Grave)

Peter Cushing (Star Wars; The Mummy; The Curse Of Frankenstein)

Shane Briant (Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter; Lady Chatterley’s Lover)

Madeline Smith (Live And Let Die; The Vampire Lovers; The Amazing Mr. Blunden)

David Prowse (Star Wars; A Clockwork Orange; The Horror Of Frankenstein)

Patrick Troughton (Doctor Who; The Omen; Scars Of Dracula)

Bernard Lee (M in the Bond films; The Third Man)

Synopsis:

Convicted of bodysnatching and using the body parts of his ill-gotten cadavers for research, Dr. Simon Helder is sentenced to five years in an insane asylum. On arrival, he recognises the penitentiary’s resident surgeon as none other than the infamous Baron Victor Frankenstein, who has been hiding out there and continuing his research into the reanimation of corpses under the pseudonym of Dr. Carl Victor. Recognising Helder’s surgical skills, Frankenstein enlists the young doctor as his assistant under the pretext of their tending to the medical needs of their fellow inmates. But the reality of the situation is far more sinister. Frankenstein is already well on his way to creating a new living creature assembled from the vital organs of murdered criminals and madmen.

You'll Love It Because -

A perfect, unusually gory and beautifully gothic swan song for Hammer’s incarnation of Mary Shelley’s two accursed creations, “Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell” features yet another (his sixth) standout performance by the brilliant Peter Cushing as the mad baron and is also notable for the pre-Star Wars pairing of the actors who would four years later reunite to play two of the most iconic villains in the cinematic galaxy – Darth Vader (David Prowse) and Grand Moff Tarkin (Cushing).

Hot Quotes:

“Possibly greatest Frankenstein film ever… the perfect end to Hammer’s run of tales of the mad Baron.” – British Horror Films.co.uk

“Chock full of the old horror film values we don’t see much of any more.” – New York Times

“The sixth Hammer ‘Frankenstein’ goes back to the gothic roots of their 1950s versions in style, and is a fitting end to both the series and director Terence Fisher’s brilliant career.” – Alan Jones, Radio Times

“An intelligent, inventive, stylized reworking of the themes that had sustained the series for almost two decades. Director Terence Fisher effectively pulls out all the stops.” – Sean Axmaker (Seattle Post - Intelligencer)

Special Features:

• Taking Over The Asylum: The Making Of Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell.
  • Charming Evil: Terence Fisher at Hammer.

• Audio commentary by Shane Briant and Madeline Smith, moderated by Marcus Hearn.
  • Animated stills gallery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEcqCXkemMU

Hammer Horror's classic film, FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL comes to DVD + Blu-ray double play on the 28th April 2014. Pre-order yours here.

To win....

Combining British Horror with...the eurovision, it's time to have a cult film song contest!

If there was a film version of Eurovision, which songs would you choose to represent a particular country? Simply let us know the film song or soundtrack score that you would nominate for a certain country and share it below.

The best answer will win a copy of the film AND a set of exclusive money-cant-buy, ultra-rare lobby cards. Two runners up will each win a copy of the new release (the corrected version). It's that easy!

There's no limit to the amount of songs you post, so have some fun and let's see those song suggestions!

Good luck,

Kyle

Rik 12th May 2014 10:11 PM

This has to be Italy's entry!

Cannibal Holocaust - Opening Theme Music (Riz Ortolani) - YouTube

Susan Foreman 12th May 2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 403240)

...And in response, this is the only entry that England CAN have:

Italian Job theme with lyrics - YouTube

bedorca 13th May 2014 09:58 AM

Judging by the reaction to the Russians on Saturday evening they should use this as their entry next year

Iron Maiden - Invaders - YouTube

Vampix 13th May 2014 10:09 AM

Germany's entry:

Michael Holm -- Liebesthema (From : Mark Of The Devil (1970) & Hobo With A Shotgun(2011)) - YouTube

Spain's entry:

Panico en el Transiberiano (Horror Express) Soundtrack 09 - End Titles - YouTube

Greece's entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQLNRlyrl2c

Vipp 13th May 2014 01:07 PM

Vampix chose my choice, Island of Death for Greece. That really was a strange Vipco film and that singing will never leave me. just terrible.

This can be a vote up for Vampix's picks rather than an individual entry. :)

nosferatu42 13th May 2014 08:23 PM

Belgiums entry

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMsst3v3dZc

The killer sings it as he is being thrown out of a pub.:pop2:

Hawkmonger 13th May 2014 08:34 PM

For Italy, their can be only one band, and one song.

Tenebre (Main Title) by Goblin - YouTube

nosferatu42 13th May 2014 09:09 PM

Representing ireland we have Irish born director Neil Jordan and the soundtrack to his film 'The Company of wolves'.:clap:

George Fenton - theme from The Company of Wolves (1984): The Message / Main Theme - YouTube

Love that voice over intro.

Or maybe this one, can't decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gkza08aAeM

nosferatu42 13th May 2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 403332)
For Italy, their can be only one band, and one song.

Tenebre (Main Title) by Goblin - YouTube

I beg to differ Hawk, don't get me wrong i love that song but if i had to choose a Goblin song to represent Italy i was thinking more along the lines of this un.

#2 - Deep Red (Goblin) - YouTube

Or

Suspiria - Suspiria, Goblin - YouTube

My personal favourite Goblin tracks.:nod:

In the end you can' t dispute the works of Ennio Morricone to sum up Italian genre cinema with his works featuring in Giallo's ,Spaghetti western's and everything else inbetween.:pop2:

So my final choice for Italy would have to be this track.

I love loads of Morricone's work but this tune and this scene always sends shivers down my spine.:)

The good, the bad and the ugly - Ecstasy of Gold - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

nosferatu42 13th May 2014 09:56 PM

An alternative entry for Belgium now.

Daughters of darkness soundtrack.

Les lèvres rouges - 1971 - François de Roubaix - YouTube

Love all this but especially the second part that starts around 3.00.:pop2:

Daemonia 14th May 2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 403250)

I disagree, this one could also be a contender for the English entry...

Roy Budd - Get Carter - Main Theme (Carter Takes a Train) - YouTube

Vampix 14th May 2014 11:02 AM

Or perhaps this for a rousing UK entry (just don't mention the war ;) :D):

Battle Of Britain Theme Music - YouTube

Demoncrat 14th May 2014 11:30 AM

Since Destination Understanding has been picked (:rant:), surely this must be Spain's entry (sadly without the visuals.....:()

SOUNDTRACKS 18- Red Lips Hot Band - YouTube

Daemonia 14th May 2014 02:10 PM

Spain and Germany get together and provide us with what must undoubtedly be the winner!

Vampyros Lesbos Soundtrack - Droge CX9 - YouTube

:D

mr 420 14th May 2014 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 403250)

England? Surely you mean the UK? I don't tick YES on the referendum for a few weeks yet. :)

nosferatu42 14th May 2014 11:58 PM

How about this for England

You don't get much more british than Withnail and I. :pop2:

Withnail & I Opening Titles - YouTube

I know the version is by an American but the original is British band Procol Harem.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtzRRwfOXus

nosferatu42 15th May 2014 12:35 AM

I'm sure Romania's a Eurovision country.
Transylvania's in Romania.
Dracula's from Transylvania.
So in a roundabout way.;)

Love at First Bite (1979) - Disco Dance Scene w/Original Song - YouTube

nosferatu42 15th May 2014 12:58 AM

France

barbarella opening titles - YouTube

Barbarella's based on French comics and was directed by a French man so that's good enough for me.:)

'Barba-rella psycha-della' :woot:

Love that intro.:nod:

PaulD 15th May 2014 12:21 PM

Lots of different ideas for Italy but for me it has to be the insanely catchy Oasis of Fear music by Bruno Lauzi. It even has its own dance routine, something every Eurovision entry should have!

dabadabadoobeedodeeee a one and one a one and two a one and dabababababadodo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ggjuA5OaE

Hawkmonger 16th May 2014 01:10 PM

Another entry for Italy:

Stelvio Cipriani - Femina ridens (1969) - YouTube

nosferatu42 17th May 2014 12:51 AM

This has sparked my imagination, trying to find interesting songs from cult films and matching them to countries. :pop2:
Had to find a German one.

Wings of desire - Motion Picture - 1987 - YouTube

From her to eternity.

Here's a track by Nick Cave (i know he's not German) from the Cult film 'Wings of Desire' by German director Werner Herzog.
The Video's ratio is all messed up, but love the into to the song.

'I'm not gonna tell you bout a girl.'
...'I'm gonna tell you about a girl.' :)

nosferatu42 17th May 2014 01:38 AM

Czech republic

Czechoslovakia produced the wonderful cult art/horror hybrid 'Valerie and her week of wonders' and that's about it, i think as far as horror is concerned.
So surely that has to be their entry.

Lubo

nosferatu42 17th May 2014 01:49 AM

Sweden

A song from 'Let the right one in' that Oskar plays.
Nice...Great.:)

Kvar I Min Bil- Per Gessle - YouTube

nosferatu42 17th May 2014 02:13 PM

Spain

The song that plays throughout 'Blue eyes of the broken doll' , Don't know what it's called and can't find a stand alone version of the tune tho'.
It's playing throughout this trailer.

blue eyes of the broken doll trailer.mp4 - YouTube

Really gets inside your head after a while.:)

Vampix 17th May 2014 04:03 PM

A UK entry from the British cult classic Psychomania, Riding Free:

RIDING FREE,FROM PSYCHOMANIA - YouTube

Enjoy :)

nosferatu42 17th May 2014 04:09 PM

Love Psychomania.:clap:

InDogWeTrust 20th May 2014 03:18 AM

Well this would have to be Australia's theme song (Yes yes I know it's EUROvision so Australia doesn't count, but hey, This place was claimed by Brits. We used to be called New Holland. We even have a whole state called New South Wales. We're Euro enough!)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M

Jurassic Park theme for Australia? Any Aussies would probably get this, but for those who don't let me explain briefly. One of our big political figureheads out here at the moment, Mining mogul Clive Palmer, Who's net worth is about a billion dollars, Has built himself a real life Jurassic Park at his Resort with 100 animatronic Dino's. He's also currently building the Titanic II. So I could have also used that Celine Dion joint for the purpose of this joke/satire, However I prefer this theme song. So enjoy!

Vampix 20th May 2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 404076)
Well this would have to be Australia's theme song (Yes yes I know it's EUROvision so Australia doesn't count, but hey, This place was claimed by Brits. We used to be called New Holland. We even have a whole state called New South Wales. We're Euro enough!)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M

Jurassic Park theme for Australia? Any Aussies would probably get this, but for those who don't let me explain briefly. One of our big political figureheads out here at the moment, Mining mogul Clive Palmer, Who's net worth is about a billion dollars, Has built himself a real life Jurassic Park at his Resort with 100 animatronic Dino's. He's also currently building the Titanic II. So I could have also used that Celine Dion joint for the purpose of this joke/satire, However I prefer this theme song. So enjoy!

It sounds like he's got more money than sense. :D

InDogWeTrust 20th May 2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 404088)
It sounds like he's got more money than sense. :D

You've hit the nail right on the head!

bedorca 4th June 2014 08:36 AM

Who won this?

nosferatu42 4th June 2014 10:54 AM

Still ongoing i think.:confused:

Vampix 4th June 2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedorca (Post 405977)
Who won this?

That's what I was wondering?

bedorca 4th June 2014 03:33 PM

Pretty soon it will become a Christmas competition! :smow:

Vampix 12th June 2014 11:06 AM

Is this comp still ongoing? :confused:

Rik 12th June 2014 11:09 AM

I think Kyle's forgotten about his Comp Corner, been a few cobwebs here lately :lol:

bedorca 12th June 2014 11:18 AM

I told ya :smow:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 12th June 2014 11:40 AM

:pound: Sorry guys! The Comp Corner has been a little...dead lately. But it shall be resurrected and will live again!

I'll get these competitions up and running like the good ol' days later this week. The day the competitions go live may have to change from Sunday however, as it's a little tricky at the moment. I'll announce the winners just before the new competition goes live (which will be for Contraband no less!)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th June 2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 406951)
: I'll announce the winners just before the new competition goes live (which will be for Contraband no less!)

No wonder Rik gave this post a bloody like. ;)

Rik 12th June 2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 406952)
No wonder Rik gave this post a bloody like. ;)

Well yeah, because Zavvi still haven't sent mine out, good job I'm a patient man!*

*Apart from a little episode regarding a certain Fulci zombie film