Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th May 2014, 09:58 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell + Lobby Cards! - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure you all know, Hammer's Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell was released on double play (3 Discs!). It's an incredible set! In case you haven't picked up your copy yet (what's wrong with you?!) here's your chance to win not only the new release, but also an exclusive set of Lobby Cards (only 20 have been created!).

Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell!

Available on DVD & Blu-Ray from Monday 28th April 2014

Starring the inimitable Peter Cushing, the last of Hammer’s acclaimed series of “Frankenstein” films and the final feature film directed by the legendary Terence Fisher.

Key talent:

Director Terence Fisher (The Curse of Frankenstein; Dracula; The Mummy; The Curse of The Werewolf; The Devil Rides Out)

Writer Anthony Hinds (The Curse of The Werewolf; Dracula: Prince of Darkness; Frankenstein Created Woman; Dracula Has Risen From The Grave)

Peter Cushing (Star Wars; The Mummy; The Curse Of Frankenstein)

Shane Briant (Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter; Lady Chatterley’s Lover)

Madeline Smith (Live And Let Die; The Vampire Lovers; The Amazing Mr. Blunden)

David Prowse (Star Wars; A Clockwork Orange; The Horror Of Frankenstein)

Patrick Troughton (Doctor Who; The Omen; Scars Of Dracula)

Bernard Lee (M in the Bond films; The Third Man)

Synopsis:

Convicted of bodysnatching and using the body parts of his ill-gotten cadavers for research, Dr. Simon Helder is sentenced to five years in an insane asylum. On arrival, he recognises the penitentiary’s resident surgeon as none other than the infamous Baron Victor Frankenstein, who has been hiding out there and continuing his research into the reanimation of corpses under the pseudonym of Dr. Carl Victor. Recognising Helder’s surgical skills, Frankenstein enlists the young doctor as his assistant under the pretext of their tending to the medical needs of their fellow inmates. But the reality of the situation is far more sinister. Frankenstein is already well on his way to creating a new living creature assembled from the vital organs of murdered criminals and madmen.

You'll Love It Because -

A perfect, unusually gory and beautifully gothic swan song for Hammer’s incarnation of Mary Shelley’s two accursed creations, “Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell” features yet another (his sixth) standout performance by the brilliant Peter Cushing as the mad baron and is also notable for the pre-Star Wars pairing of the actors who would four years later reunite to play two of the most iconic villains in the cinematic galaxy – Darth Vader (David Prowse) and Grand Moff Tarkin (Cushing).

Hot Quotes:

“Possibly greatest Frankenstein film ever… the perfect end to Hammer’s run of tales of the mad Baron.” – British Horror Films.co.uk

“Chock full of the old horror film values we don’t see much of any more.” – New York Times

“The sixth Hammer ‘Frankenstein’ goes back to the gothic roots of their 1950s versions in style, and is a fitting end to both the series and director Terence Fisher’s brilliant career.” – Alan Jones, Radio Times

“An intelligent, inventive, stylized reworking of the themes that had sustained the series for almost two decades. Director Terence Fisher effectively pulls out all the stops.” – Sean Axmaker (Seattle Post - Intelligencer)

Special Features:

• Taking Over The Asylum: The Making Of Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell.
  • Charming Evil: Terence Fisher at Hammer.

• Audio commentary by Shane Briant and Madeline Smith, moderated by Marcus Hearn.
  • Animated stills gallery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEcqCXkemMU

Hammer Horror's classic film, FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL comes to DVD + Blu-ray double play on the 28th April 2014. Pre-order yours here.

To win....

Combining British Horror with...the eurovision, it's time to have a cult film song contest!

If there was a film version of Eurovision, which songs would you choose to represent a particular country? Simply let us know the film song or soundtrack score that you would nominate for a certain country and share it below.

The best answer will win a copy of the film AND a set of exclusive money-cant-buy, ultra-rare lobby cards. Two runners up will each win a copy of the new release (the corrected version). It's that easy!

There's no limit to the amount of songs you post, so have some fun and let's see those song suggestions!

Good luck,

Kyle
Vampix, Rik, Vipp and 1 others like this.
Old 12th May 2014, 10:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This has to be Italy's entry!

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th May 2014, 11:36 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
This has to be Italy's entry!

...And in response, this is the only entry that England CAN have:

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th May 2014, 09:58 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Judging by the reaction to the Russians on Saturday evening they should use this as their entry next year

iluvdvds@Cult Labs and Rik like this.
Old 13th May 2014, 10:09 AM
Cult Acolyte

Germany's entry:

Spain's entry:

Greece's entry:

Old 13th May 2014, 01:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Vampix chose my choice, Island of Death for Greece. That really was a strange Vipco film and that singing will never leave me. just terrible.

This can be a vote up for Vampix's picks rather than an individual entry.
Vampix likes this.
Old 13th May 2014, 08:23 PM
Cult Addict

Belgiums entry

The killer sings it as he is being thrown out of a pub.
Demoncrat likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 13th May 2014 at 09:04 PM.
Old 13th May 2014, 08:34 PM
Cult Addict

For Italy, their can be only one band, and one song.

Tenebre (Main Title) by Goblin - YouTube
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 13th May 2014, 09:09 PM
Cult Addict

Representing ireland we have Irish born director Neil Jordan and the soundtrack to his film 'The Company of wolves'.

Love that voice over intro.

Or maybe this one, can't decide.

Old 13th May 2014, 09:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
For Italy, their can be only one band, and one song.

Tenebre (Main Title) by Goblin - YouTube
I beg to differ Hawk, don't get me wrong i love that song but if i had to choose a Goblin song to represent Italy i was thinking more along the lines of this un.

Or

My personal favourite Goblin tracks.

In the end you can' t dispute the works of Ennio Morricone to sum up Italian genre cinema with his works featuring in Giallo's ,Spaghetti western's and everything else inbetween.

So my final choice for Italy would have to be this track.

I love loads of Morricone's work but this tune and this scene always sends shivers down my spine.

Last edited by nosferatu42; 15th May 2014 at 12:44 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!