Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014

Like Tree155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2014, 09:26 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Deodato's Cinema Of Death - 1st July 2014 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

This week we're giving away three copies of the brand new limited Shameless release, the Deodato's Cinema Of Death box set! Here's all the info you'll need to enter this great competition...

Hello Shameless fans!

There's now only several weeks left until Shameless celebrates one of cinema's most twisted directors of all, Mr. Ruggero Deodato. A gorgeous box set with three of his greatest films all in one.

So, it's time to reveal the brand new artwork!

SHAM303: Deodato's Cinema Of Death

If it ain’t Shameless it ain’t Deodato

This brand new box set is presented in the Shameless VHS nostalgia series packaging and the artwork of this limited numbered edition has been exclusively created for Shameless by top British film poster artist Graham Humphreys!

Shameless proudly presents the 1st ever CINEMA OF DEATH anthology of Ruggero Deodato, "Mr Cannibal" himself, the director of possibly the nastiest Video Nasties which have since become cult must-see and now subject of top academic research, public debates and high-brow critical acclaim.

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST on its 1st release, director Deodato was charged with killing his own cast – and jailed! In the UK, it incarnated THE Video Nasty. Banned and then cut by several minutes, it took a full 30 years for the censors to relax their grip!

We present two versions of this, the most controversial film ever made: A unique Director's re-edit (shown 1st in London’s West-End) which tones down the animal cruelty (to fit better with 21st Century sensibilities) without shortening the film. The other is the full strength 80s dish! Very strong stuff - especially because of its unsurpassed, documentary-like, extremely realistic depiction of gory violence. With this landmark film Deodato single-handedly invented the 'found-footage' genre (imitated by Blair Witch et al).

Often imitated, this is The Original and unequaled best.

THE HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK also a Video Nasty, this claustrophobic staging of a vicious home-invasion scenario explodes into slasher torture hell, with star David Hess giving one of the strongest performances of his career and Deodato a master-class in directing, proving again that under the blood and guts there is a brilliant film maker formed by Neo-realism.

[Extras: Deodato & star Giovanni Lombardo Radice in a public debate with senior BBFC examiner. Plus a last in-depth interview with the late David Hess].

In THE PHANTOM OF DEATH Deodato's unwavering directing meets a barnstorming performance from Michael York (Cabaret, Austin Powers) as the pianist virtuoso who suddenly starts aging at alarming speed - progeria, a devastating real-life affliction. With death closing in fast, the pianist looses his mind in a murderous frenzy of brutal hackings..Edwige Fenech and Donald Pleasence co-star.

This new box set will contain the following;
  • Cannibal Holocaust
  • Cannibal Holocaust [New Director's Cut]
  • The House On The Edge Of The Park
  • The Phantom Of Death

-----------------------------------------------------

TO WIN -

It's time to get Shamelessly creative! Many of your probably know already that the new poster for the Paddington bear movie has turned into a creepy horror meme over the past few weeks.

So, all you have to do is have some fun and insert the bear into a horror film such as this image I created last week -

So create your own and share it below! The best three will win themselves a copy of Deodato's Cinema Of Death

For those who aren't too good with creating images, fear not! Just slot the character into a horror movie and let us know what would happen in it below...

GOOD LUCK!

Kyle
ooman likes this.
Old 1st July 2014, 10:20 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The image was sent to me by a friend from the Creepy Paddington meme but the video work is all my own. Technically I've still put a bear in a picture

Old 1st July 2014, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That's brilliant Paul
PaulD likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st July 2014, 11:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Cheers Rik! If I'd had the time I'd have animated the image somehow but I'm in the middle of about 3 different projects and so only did it as a break
Rik likes this.
Old 1st July 2014, 11:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Very Basic

ooman likes this.

Last edited by Bringer Of Funerals; 1st July 2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: P
Old 1st July 2014, 11:58 AM
Ex-Member

Here goes...

Weekly Comp - Deodato's Cinema Of Death - 1st July 2014 - FINISHED-deadmanswellies.jpg
Bringer Of Funerals and ooman like this.
Old 1st July 2014, 12:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
Here goes...

Attachment 138409
I can't get mine to blend in easy
Seasoned Cultist

Ex-Member

Weekly Comp - Deodato's Cinema Of Death - 1st July 2014 - FINISHED-deadmanswellies.jpg Don't know how to make image bigger
PaulD likes this.
Old 1st July 2014, 12:18 PM
Ex-Member

Weekly Comp - Deodato's Cinema Of Death - 1st July 2014 - FINISHED-justbeforethedawn.jpg
ooman likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!