Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2014, 11:04 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - 13 Sins - 10th July 2014 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

This week we're giving away an excellent and very fun new horror movie that I know you'll all love! 13 Sins!

13 SINS

From the director of ‘The Last Exorcism’ and executive producer Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity; Insidious) and starring Ron Perlman (Hellboy) comes a deeply twisted and terrifying game show of sinister proportions where you don’t play the game; it plays you.

On DVD from Monday 30th June 2014

What's It About?

Out of a job, drowning in his debts and soon to marry his pregnant fiancĂ©, Elliot Brindle unexpectedly receives a lifeline in the form of a phone call from a hidden camera game show offering him the chance to win a staggering $6 million cash prize. All he has to do is complete 13 challenges as instructed by the mysterious voice down the phone…

The first challenge? Swat the fly buzzing around him. The second challenge? Eat the fly. Skeptical yet shocked to discover thousands of dollars suddenly appearing in his bank account, Elliot decides to continue comforted by the knowledge that he can stop at anytime, but if he does he will lose everything he has won.

As the need to complete the game intensifies and the challenges become more and more disturbing, Elliot finds himself trapped in a terrifying struggle where the horror of his actions cross the point of no return.

Why We Like It

13 Sins takes no prisoners with a game show that is truly terrifying and despicable. A crazy, unpredictable horror that goes to extreme lengths to shock the audience, 13 Sins keeps you on the edge-of-your-seat with its 13 devilishly horrifying challenges. ‘Funny Games’ meets it’s sinister alter ego in this new horror featuring a standout performance from Ron Perlman that will not disappoint the die-hard horror fans or those seeking their next twisted thrill!

Special Features:

Behind The Scenes

----------------------------------------------------------

TO WIN....

Inspired by the premise of the film, to be in with a chance of winning 13 Sins you're going to have to work for it! How much of your pride, your dignity, are you willing to sacrifice?

Welcome to a horror movie fan's Hell!

Below you'll find 13 challenges - just like the film. All you have to do is answer as many of these as you dare to. Be honest! Answer all 13 and you'll be entered into the draw at the end of this competition (Monday 20th July). The more you answer, the bigger the chance you have of winning.

So, here goes....

1) What is the most embarrassing movie that you own?

2) Which film do you secretly love...which you really shouldn't?

3) What's your worst movie experience?

4) A film title that describes your love life...

5) A film that scared the crap out of you (which really shouldn't have!)...

6) What is one 'classic' film that you actually think is awful?

7) Which animated cartoon character do/did you have the hots for?

8) Name a 'classic' film you still haven't seen...

9) Which film has made you cry like a baby?

10) What's the worst or most awkward film you've watched with your friends or during a date?

11) Pick your favourite film. Now give us a reason why it's actually the worst film ever made! Go on, ruin your favourite film of all time...

12) Post an embarrassing photo of yourself. If you dare...

13) Record yourself singing a terrible song. One of Justin Beiber's if you are brave enough...

How many can you answer TRUTHFULLY!

Post your answers below.... The more you enter, the bigger chance you have of winning this excellent movie. At the end of the competitions, three winners will be selected

Have some fun and admit your film watching secrets.

Good luck!

Kyle
Roughale, PaulD and Vipp like this.

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 15th July 2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 9th July 2014, 11:06 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

To take part, simply copy and paste the questions and fill in the answers. That way we can all see what you're on about!
Old 10th July 2014, 12:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Below you'll find 13 challenges - just like the film. All you have to do is answer as many of these as you dare to. Be honest! Answer all 13 and you'll be entered into the draw at the end of this competition (Monday 20th July). The more you answer, the bigger the chance you have of winning.

So, here goes....
Quote:
Gosh! How do I answer that? One persons 'embarrassing' is another persons 'guilty pleasure' is another persons 'best film of all time'!

OK - I have got a copy of 'Battlefield Earth' in my collection! Wanna make something of it?

Quote:
Um...I have a fond respect for the Adam Sandler movie 'Jack And Jill' [swept the boards at the Golden Razzies, winning EVERYTHING]. Hey - it's a transvestite film!

Quote:
Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I used to work as a cinema usher, and one of the films I 'worked on' was "Rambo III'. At the end of a screening, on a Friday night, there was one viewer who had fallen asleep during the film, and I had to wake him up to tell him to leave. Just my luck that he was a drunken psycho, who was not in the mood to be told he had to leave the cinema!

Quote:
"Blood Feast 2: All You Can Eat" [Regular readers, who know me, will understand this!]

Quote:
'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. Come on, it's a kiddie film, but those scenes with the Child Catcher...mind you, I suppose I was a kiddie when I first saw it!

Quote:
'Citizen Kane'. Boredom personified. Where are the chainsaws? Where are the car chases?? And would it really have hurt Orson Wells to have at least one outer space battle in it?

Quote:
Snow White. Have you seen what she wears? Plus, she ends up as a Princess. Every little girls dream (regardless of what gender she is!)

Quote:
To be honest, I am racking my brains here, but I cannot recall seeing 'It's A Wonderful Life'! I suppose I must have done, but I cannot remember doing so!

Quote:
Two spring to mind:

i) 'Edward Scissorhands'. At the time, I was going thru a 'transitionary phase', and the plight of the lead character, who was being hounded by 'normal folk' for being different really resonated with me

ii) 'Mighty Joe Young' (1998). I saw it soon after my mum had died, and for a reason I still do not understand, I found myself bawling like a baby throughout the whole ending

Quote:
10) What's the worst or most awkward film you've watched with your friends or during a date?
Not a bad or awkward film, but (back in the day) I took my first real girlfriend to see 'Wayne's World'. We both loved the film...but I totally neglected her when Alice Cooper came on screen!

Quote:
11) Pick your favourite film. Now give us a reason why it's actually the worst film ever made! Go on, ruin your favourite film of all time...
The original 'Evil Dead' - the acting is abysmal, the story is hackneyed, the make-up/effects are laughable, Bruce Campbell looks about 12 years old...but HA - you ain't gonna break me Kyle. It's still one of the greatest and scariest films ever made

Quote:
I have photos of my 'lower body' 15 days post-op. Do you really want me to post them here, or would that be too much for the "real" men on the forum to accept? [For those who don't understand, think of a peeled banana, after it has been turned back on itself]!

Quote:
13) Record yourself singing a terrible song. One of Justin Beiber's if you are brave enough...
Oh, so not fair. As regularly noted in the 'show your Arrow Films collection' thread, you know my phone doesn't have a camera on it, so how am I going to be able to record myself, and upload it here? In fact, all I can give you is this:

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th July 2014, 01:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

OK, here goes (part 1, see for yoruself...):

Do private holiday videos count? If so that would be me at the age of 7 or so at a Danish beach, revealing why my nicknam used to be "Winz-Willie" ("winz" is a slangish term for "tiny" ). If not, hmmmh... probably Ghost Rider 2, which I got, thinking it was part 1, which would have been a "winz" bit less embarrassing...

The Sponge Bob Movie? Or is that acceptable at almost half a century?

So many, but let me pick watching Cosmopolis at our sneak preview, which I hated completely but sat through since it was a Cronenberg film - David was dropped from my must-watch list after that...

EDIT: I just noticed I might have misread or misinterpreted the question, so here goes the real worst movie experience: Rewatching Kill Bill vol 1 at a German theater (in dub as all English showings were already gone) and I complained to two dumb looking Russian bodybuilder types that there chatting and drinking routines was way too noisy for a theater and when they did not react (they sat on the steps beside me as they had front row seats and did not like these seats) I went out looking for someone to take care of this, found one and returned to my seat, seeing the asswipes back on their front seats, constantly looking back at me. Naturally the cinema person necer showed up and the guys made me nervous so I opted to leave 5 minutes before the end titles rolled by...

Growing

The Three Stooges (remake) - it was so horrible, 10 miunutes were more than enough...

Gone with the Wind

Olive Oyl from Popeye

Citizen Kane

There were a few, but not in a while, I seriously and absolutely un-butchy have to leave this open (for now?)

Terror Toons

Dawn of the Dead (Romero) - man, that is so unkewl that shitty movie, plaster coloured blood and no CGI - come on, you gotta be kidding me!
(OK, going to cut of my hands now for this blasphemous post... )

Let me get back to that in a bit...

I also have to skip this for now, working my brain cells on this one and would appreciate tips how and where to post the piece of horror...

----

Let me know if it is ok, if not all has been answered, or push me to get the open 3 filled...
Old 10th July 2014, 01:20 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Ha! Great entries so far, people! Looks like Citizen Kane isn't too popular here...

Don't worry about the final 2 challenges. They're just a bonus - although if any brave souls want to embarrass themselves so more, by all means have a go
Old 10th July 2014, 02:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I own (and love) the film 'Olive the other reindeer...'

The Blair Witch Project

I was very young at the time and went to see Godzilla - my friend and i were alarmed to see children with parents fill the screening and then more alarmed to see Barney the Dinosaur dancing to his feature film! The second worst cinema experience was then going on to locate the Godzilla screening and sitting through that pile of steaming piss.

The Possession.

The Elephant Man - I used to have nights were i would wake up cold after kicking my quilt off myself, the pile it made on my bed i would convince myself was the Elephant man sleeping on my bed... terrifying... not so much now as i made it my life work to learn everything about the man and now i think he is brilliant.

StarWars... Snorefest of bollocks storyline and shit acting.

I'm not sure i ever did but the character 'San' (Princess Mononoke) reminds me of my fiancee so i guess that's odd right? i fancy the shit out of my fiancee.

The sound of Music..... Not even Kermode could sell this pile of dung to me....

The Plague Dogs....

Okay i am told that i ended a date with my now Fiancee by putting Braindead on to 'Drown out any noise' apparently i would stop performing to laugh my arse off at the comedy in the film. My fiancee is not a horror film fan nor does she like gore or violence so this make sense i guess. It wasn't awkward for me obviously because i put a ring on her finger. Haha.

11) Pick your favorite film. Now give us a reason why it's actually the worst film ever made! Go on, ruin your favorite film of all time...

Dawn of the dead - The start of the film is a piss poor way of getting a few characters to meet - they spend a bunch of time in a chopper to show the zombie crisis is advancing THEN we get into the REAL film which is basically a group of people that spend a film re enforcing a shopping mall to have it taken away from them in 30 mins... a waste of time and effort.

(*Now im going to join Roughale in cutting of my hands too for this blasphemous post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
(OK, going to cut of my hands now for this blasphemous post... )

Ron Peralman just isn't cutting the mustard enough for me to post a photo. Sorry Ron.

you will need to be giving away signed copies Arrow steel books to get this out of me.

Another great comp kyle...
Old 10th July 2014, 02:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Ha! Great entries so far, people! Looks like Citizen Kane isn't too popular here...

Don't worry about the final 2 challenges. They're just a bonus - although if any brave souls want to embarrass themselves so more, by all means have a go
Read again, I have not seen Citizen Kane, but after I read suziginajackson's post, I had to laugh hard

If you have a tip where and how to secretely (so YouTube is out!) upload a musical horror classic, I may shock you all
Old 10th July 2014, 04:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

What is the most embarrassing movie that you own?

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Which film do you secretly love...which you really shouldn't?

The Holiday

What's your worst movie experience?

When I went to see Cabin Fever my friend said "lets sit at the back so if we jump we can't be seen and get laughed at" so we did, to then notice there was a light shining on us all the way through the film. On top of that a drunk man set next to us who decided to piss and liquid shit himself as he was too drunk to move.

A film title that describes your love life...

Chasing Amy

A film that scared the crap out of you (which really shouldn't have!)...

The Haunted Castle

What is one 'classic' film that you actually think is awful?

Vamp

Which animated cartoon character do/did you have the hots for?

April O'Neal

Name a 'classic' film you still haven't seen...

Bride Of Frankenstein

Which film has made you cry like a baby?

The Green Mile

What's the worst or most awkward film you've watched with your friends or during a date?

The Royal Tenenbaums because it bored the shit out of me, yet my friend thought it was brilliant.

Pick your favorite film. Now give us a reason why it's actually the worst film ever made! Go on, ruin your favorite film of all time...

Amelie because Audrey Tataou acts like a child, it's subtitled and she has no reason what so ever to fancy Mattheu whats his name other then to just move the plot along. She's a stalker and nicking the gnomb could have gave her dad a heart attack as the pictures were coming.

Post an embarrassing photo of yourself. If you dare...

You get 3 because I'm not singing

Record yourself singing a terrible song. One of Justin Beiber's if you are brave enough...

See above
Old 10th July 2014, 05:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Bringer of Funerals wins the internet.
Old 10th July 2014, 06:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Marine

Second In Command

When I watched The Grudge the remake at the cinema and in the credits where the bang of a hand happens, I jumped

Confessions Of A Shopaholic

Ringu

Attack Of The Giant Leeches

Betty Boop

Gone With The Wind

Sunrise

King Kong the remake at the cinema with my ex because we had an argument before it, so I didn't enjoy the film because I was pissed off

Die Hard 4.0 because John didn't need to get involved yet he couldn't keep his nose out and the villain was a very weak villain. The only reason Kevin Smith was in the film was so they could talk Star Wars and John's daughter wasn't hard she was just stubbon and acted stupid.

Here is another 2 because I'm still not singing

Same answer as before

Like this? Share it using the links below!