Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2014, 07:12 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

1) What is the most embarrassing movie that you own?
Camp Rock (don't judge me I fancied Demi Lovato)

2) Which film do you secretly love...which you really shouldn't?
Grease 2 (well it's not really a secret) I also love Dirty Dancing

3) What's your worst movie experience?
The last film i saw in the cinema was X-men Days Of Future past with a female friend who i have a bit of a thing for, totally forgot who i was with and totally just spread my self out, kept moving about trying to get comfy and accidentally elbowed her in the boob.

4) A film title that describes your love life...
Single White (fe)male

5) A film that scared the crap out of you (which really shouldn't have!)...
Deep Impact, saw it in the cinema and it really creeped me out.

6) What is one 'classic' film that you actually think is awful?
The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I just don't get it.

7) Which animated cartoon character do/did you have the hots for?
Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure time, named my cat after her to. Also Cheryl Tunt from Archer.

8) Name a 'classic' film you still haven't seen...
Citizen Kane

9) Which film has made you cry like a baby?
E.T, every time i watch it i ball like a baby. The Elephant Man chokes me up and also the end of Love Actually when Andrew Lincoln shows up at Kira Knightly's house and plays the christmas carol.

10) What's the worst or most awkward film you've watched with your friends or during a date?
Not really awkward as more embarrassing was at a movie night at a friends house we all chose one film, most people chose classics and i chose the 1985 dance epic, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, we watched it and everyone else hated it except me. I was quite embarrassed.

11) Pick your favourite film. Now give us a reason why it's actually the worst film ever made! Go on, ruin your favourite film of all time...
Rocky 4 is one of single worst sporting movies of all time, made towards the end of the cold war and made purely as anti-Russian propaganda, the film has absolutely no actual redeeming plot, the film is 91 minutes of cheesy music, sweaty muscular men and the film has 5 montages. It also has a robot maid and huge james brown musical number.

12) Post an embarrassing photo of yourself. If you dare...
you can have 3 because i don't have recording equipment to sing.

Old 10th July 2014, 09:32 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
1) What is the most embarrassing movie that you own?
Camp Rock (don't judge me I fancied Demi Lovato)

Grease 2 (well it's not really a secret) I also love Dirty Dancing

3) What's your worst movie experience?
The last film i saw in the cinema was X-men Days Of Future past with a female friend who i have a bit of a thing for, totally forgot who i was with and totally just spread my self out, kept moving about trying to get comfy and accidentally elbowed her in the boob.

Single White (fe)male

5) A film that scared the crap out of you (which really shouldn't have!)...
Deep Impact, saw it in the cinema and it really creeped me out.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I just don't get it.

Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure time, named my cat after her to. Also Cheryl Tunt from Archer.

Citizen Kane

E.T, every time i watch it i ball like a baby. The Elephant Man chokes me up and also the end of Love Actually when Andrew Lincoln shows up at Kira Knightly's house and plays the christmas carol.

10) What's the worst or most awkward film you've watched with your friends or during a date?
Not really awkward as more embarrassing was at a movie night at a friends house we all chose one film, most people chose classics and i chose the 1985 dance epic, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, we watched it and everyone else hated it except me. I was quite embarrassed.

11) Pick your favourite film. Now give us a reason why it's actually the worst film ever made! Go on, ruin your favourite film of all time...
Rocky 4 is one of single worst sporting movies of all time, made towards the end of the cold war and made purely as anti-Russian propaganda, the film has absolutely no actual redeeming plot, the film is 91 minutes of cheesy music, sweaty muscular men and the film has 5 montages. It also has a robot maid and huge james brown musical number.

you can have 3 because i don't have recording equipment to sing.

I own CAMP ROCK too! Though in my defence I purchased it for my daughter who didn't like it and said I could keep it.
Old 11th July 2014, 09:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

OK, here are 2 small updates:

I have to say that my memory is blocking these moments, but I can definitely say that tears of joy rolled when the FOX fanfare and the Star Wars theme started playing at the start of Episode 1 - I hope that does count, but I better make up for that with the next one

Infact a great moment, after I had a long talk with Clive (after the Hellraiser premiere in Berlin and since he wanted to dodge some interviewers, ´who could hardly speak English, I helped him hide from them and he gave me the freed time - almost 30 minutes!). Luckily, there was someone with a Polaroid camera (hence the bad quality ) and captured the moment for memories - but every time I look at it, I puzzle why did I have to look like a shy schoolboy? I had been out of school for 4 years or so by then - oh well...

Or how about a collage of me posing at the Paradiso in Amsterdam? Voila:

Still not ruling out a musical shock, depends on my time though, so no promises, maybe you stay lucky and the weekend passes by quickly
iluvdvds@Cult Labs and Vipp like this.
Old 11th July 2014, 10:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Refridgerator.......dull, trite and I loves it.
Country Strong......mawkish crap but it has Leighton Meester in her underwear cough!!
The Beyond @Dundead.....it kept "jumping" so one of the most incomphrensible films ever just got stranger
Dom Jon or Matador (Almodovar)
The Siege
Citizen Kane....its a BLOODY SLED. Worst reveal EVER.
The Cadburys bunny, or any of Tex Avery's femme fatales cough.
Toy Story 3 was the last time I wept in buckets...does WWZ count? I cried a lot during that, but those were tears of frustration haha
Have never seen.....On Golden Pond (or The Jazz Singer)
Irreversible...when an acquintance says he's getting turned on by the rape scene etc......
Taxi Driver. On one hand a masterpiece, on the other a really dull film about a loner who has no social skills whatsoever, just like Rob Schneider in anything really, in fact RB would have made a better Jake La Motta as well
No.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 11th July 2014, 11:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

That chap on the floor to your right is a bit of a scrotum.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekly Comp - 13 Sins - 10th July 2014 - FINISHED-poser.jpg   Weekly Comp - 13 Sins - 10th July 2014 - FINISHED-poser-1.jpg  
Old 11th July 2014, 02:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
That chap on the floor to your right is a bit of a scrotum.
Which one? If I know exactly, I might be able to tell you if I know him or not
Old 11th July 2014, 02:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
Which one? If I know exactly, I might be able to tell you if I know him or not
The chap flipping you the bird. I had no idea they might be friends Roughale Haha sorry mate.
Old 11th July 2014, 03:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
The chap flipping you the bird. I had no idea they might be friends Roughale Haha sorry mate.
No need to be, i9t was a friend of a fellow band fan I know and met there for the first time, no need to be sorry, he is a pretty young attention whore, I guess no need to be sorry, just happiness on my side that there were not so many cameras and gadgets around when I went through that phase

Sorry for hijacking this competition, I guess I am just an old attention whore now
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th July 2014, 01:26 PM
Active Cultist

Most of the dafter Universal sequels, like Ghost and House of Frankenstein. Them, and Don't Go Near the Park - a tremendous slice of "so bad it's good".

Ticked Off Trannies with Knives.

5) A film that scared the crap out of you (which really shouldn't have!)…

The Legend of Hell House. In fairness, I was about 15 and hadn't watched many horror films before. I found the seance scene near the start creepy and decided to fur nit off in case the rest of the film scared me even more.

To be honest, there were a umber of horror classics which I found underwhelming when I finally got round to watching them - The Evil Dead and An American Werewolf in London being amongst them. But to be fair, they could well grow on me when I give them another try.

When I was a little kid, Madeline.

…look, I was a little kid, okay!?

Casablanca.

The Wicker Man.

"The sacrifice of the willing king-like virgin fool will be accepted".

Come on, I can't be the only one who always smirks at that line.

The only photo I kept from my first selfie session as a woman. If you think that's bad, you should see the ones I deleted

My fanart thread.
Old 15th July 2014, 09:50 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

It's time to end this competition!

A huge thank you to all those who entered and revealed their embarrasing movie secrets. But there can only be three winners and those are...

Bringer Of Funerals - There's nothing wrong with owning the Power Rangers movie, but loving The Holiday?!

Roughale!

Pedromonkey!

Congratulations guys, the excellent (and very fun) new horror film, 13 Sins is now all yours! If you haven't won a competition on here in a while, please private message me an address you would like your prize sent to

Kyle

Like this? Share it using the links below!