Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2014

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2014, 08:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Haunter - 17th July 2014 - FINISHED

Hi everyone!

This week, we have an excellent - and very creepy - new horror film to give away. If you love ghost stories, you're in for a real treat with this competition.

Here's how to win...

THE PRIZE -

Haunter

A chilling paranormal horror with a twist starring Abigail Breslin (Ender’s Game; Zombieland) and directed by Vincenzo Natali (Splice; Cube; Hannibal TV Series) that is guaranteed to send shivers down your spine!

Key talent:

Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine; Ender’s Game; Zombieland)

Vincenzo Natali, Director (Splice; Cube; Hannibal TV Series)

Stephen McHattie (300; Watchmen)

Peter Outerbridge (Silent Hill: Revelation 3D; Saw IV)

David Hewlett (Splice; Cube)

Synopsis:

Teenager Lisa Johnson (Abigail Breslin) and her family died in 1986 under sinister circumstances but remain trapped in their house. Unable to move on and tormented by their killer, they must live out their last living day over and over again. Lisa soon discovers that she is trapped in limbo and must fight to free her family from their prison.

Over a period of six ‘days’, Lisa must reach out from beyond the grave to help her present-day living counterpart, Olivia, avoid the same fate Lisa and her family have suffered.

You'll Love It Because...

“Haunter” offers an unusual, refreshing perspective on the traditional ghost story with captivating results! An entertaining amalgam of “The Others”, “The Conjuring” and “Groundhog Day”, cult director Vincenzo Natali is back on top form with this tightly-wound paranormal horror that utilises the best elements of the sub-genre to great effect. Featuring a standout performance from up and comer Abigail Breslin that keeps the tension alive, further lifted by the spine-chilling Stephen McHattie as their venomous killer, “Haunter” is the must-see addition to your horror collection!

Hot Quotes:

“An effective paranormal thriller" **** - New Empress Magazine

“A strong inverted ghost story with huge amounts of atmosphere” - FilmJuice

“An eerie horror thriller" - CraveOnline

“A must-see paranormal chiller” **** - Box Office Buz

Special Features:

Making Of

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sClAdBHrZNg

----------------------------------------------

TO WIN -

We've got 3 copies up for grabs! To win one, all you have to do is share a true ghostly experience that has happened to you, or someone you know.

Of course, don't include any names/places/etc if you would rather not, but everyone loves a scary ghost story, so share some of yours below...

The three best stories will each win a copy of this superb movie!

Good luck,

Kyle
Vipp likes this.
Old 17th July 2014, 08:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Weekly Comp - Haunted - 17th July 2014

I've got a load to tell, that happened to me and my ex wife at her mums house, I'll write them up properly when I'm not posting from my phone. Genuinely freaky stuff too!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th July 2014, 08:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I lived in a small cottage with my father for a while in the middle of the countryside, he would leave for his night-shifts in the week and i would set my alarm for school and any horror films on that night that needed recording to VHS for the weekend. Life had at that point dropped me in the shit basically and left me with night terrors and sleep walking, but i was new to all of this and had no idea what stress was or that it was having an effect on me.

I set my alarm for school and stayed up a little late to set the VHS recorder to record 'The Blob with Steve McQueen' - I fell asleep in my bedroom which was the back room. now my body temperature was always high so i have a fan next to me bed but i wasn't allowed to use it any old time i had to be careful not to waste money on electricity, i woke up because the fan was tickling my face something wicked, this usually happened because my hair would blow in the wind and then hit my face. I woke up annoyed and wiping my face and noticed resistance, i wasn't quite sure what was happening but i couldn't rise out of my bed properly, i stopped trying to rise and focus my eyes instead and saw the loft hatch in the back of my room was wide open.
Then next to me was a boy, very close to my body and quite pale - i felt my body tense up. The boy moved my hair out of my eye and spoke to me but a boys voice didn't come out of his mouth it was heavy and quite deep. I remember this vividly - he said 'I woke you, I'm sorry. They sent me to look after you until mum comes back'

Now this bit is hard to explain because i was frozen but moved, he took my hand and lead me towards the loft hatch in the wall in the back of my bedroom and pointed into the darkness and said 'you can stay with us if you like, it's safe if you don't close your eye's' then the hairs on my neck stood up and i felt like electricity was running into my spine as the child pulled at my arm really badly, i knew it wasn't safe and i didn't want to go into the hole but it was pulling me, my eyes went all white and i fainted.

My dad found me in the loft hatch asleep, i had to go to the doctors because they thought i might have breathed in some loft insulation fibers but i was okay.

I got a therapist for that experience, it actually happened and i can tell you that i know i woke up and actually saw the kid. incidentally i wrote a poem when i was older called 'The boy with no eye's, has a surprise' The kid in the poem takes children to a different universe and stapled their eyes open.

I hope you liked that chaps, maybe he wasn't a ghost but i lived that shit for realz.
Old 21st July 2014, 02:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Where I live is a old people's home that was built in the 17th century and when I walk home from Claire's I always see a man in Victorian clothes walk past the entrance and the bin then disappears. It happens at the same time every night and it turns out I'm not the only person who sees it. I've read into it and people are saying it's a Stone Tape but I think differently.
Vipp likes this.
Old 21st July 2014, 03:27 PM
Cult Master

The vanishing pub customers??

Actually...there are a number of strange occurrences which have happened in the pub since we have been here. As far as I can work out, the place was built in the 16th century, and it is about 200 yards from the village church...and graveyard
  • There is one room which is notably colder than all the others. It seems to have a constant temperature of about 13 degrees
  • When closing time comes, and I lock all the doors, there is one external door which always sounds like someone is knocking at it, even tho there is no-one there when I open it to check
  • There is regular movement which is picked up on the external CCTV monitors, altho there is nothing evident when I look out the window
  • Sounds in an empty pub when I am cleaning up after closing time
  • The radio, which is set to my preferred channel of 'Planet Rock' ["the Devil's music"] regularly changed of it's own accord
  • Both Chloe and I have commented that we have seen Black Cat walking across the floor out of the corner of our eye...even tho he was run over and killed last week
  • Wet spots appearing on the floor in empty rooms

There are a lot more, but these are the things from the top of my head. I'm sure that all of these can be explained by rational means (not including alcohol, I hasten to add!), but I struggle to do so!
Bringer Of Funerals and Vipp like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st July 2014, 06:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

There is normally is a lot of strange Paranormal stuff that goes on in pubs as it is a place where people come together and have fun and I'm sure there have been a few deaths in there at some point.
Old 21st July 2014, 09:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
The vanishing pub customers??

Actually...there are a number of strange occurrences which have happened in the pub since we have been here. As far as I can work out, the place was built in the 16th century, and it is about 200 yards from the village church...and graveyard
  • There is one room which is notably colder than all the others. It seems to have a constant temperature of about 13 degrees
  • When closing time comes, and I lock all the doors, there is one external door which always sounds like someone is knocking at it, even tho there is no-one there when I open it to check
  • There is regular movement which is picked up on the external CCTV monitors, altho there is nothing evident when I look out the window
  • Sounds in an empty pub when I am cleaning up after closing time
  • The radio, which is set to my preferred channel of 'Planet Rock' ["the Devil's music"] regularly changed of it's own accord
  • Both Chloe and I have commented that we have seen Black Cat walking across the floor out of the corner of our eye...even tho he was run over and killed last week
  • Wet spots appearing on the floor in empty rooms

There are a lot more, but these are the things from the top of my head. I'm sure that all of these can be explained by rational means (not including alcohol, I hasten to add!), but I struggle to do so!
I had a mate who locked up the pub ever Friday night and she said after locking the doors she often got the willies. She must have been pretty scared to be honest because she wouldn't be home for ages after her shift.
Old 24th July 2014, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Was visiting my aunty and cousins in Scotland around year 1998.
when my cousin walked in with a friend and a little girl age around 6,
The little girl went toilet and took ages, as she come down her mum ask why she took so long?
I've been talking to the old women upstairs again she replied.
At the time there was only us in the house and its not first time the Little girl had said this apparently.
few days later we was looking through some old photos and my cousin come in with the same friend and little girl,
As we was browsing the pics on one photo little girl said that's the old women ive been speaking to,
The old women is my Grandma who died in 1984 .
Old 25th July 2014, 10:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

EEEEK!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 25th July 2014, 11:21 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

This competition will end this afternoon before the new competition is launched! So, there's still time to enter if you haven't already - let us know your scariest ghostly experience...

Like this? Share it using the links below!