Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Competitions - 2014 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=533)
-   -   Halloween Comp #2 - [REC] Genesis - FINISHED (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-competitions-2014/12665-halloween-comp-2-%5Brec%5D-genesis-finished.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th October 2014 06:03 PM

Halloween Comp #2 - [REC] Genesis - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

With just 12 more days until HALLOWEEN it's time for another daily competition! Today's prize is the excellent zombie film, [Rec] Genesis.

A personal fave of mine and one of the most entertaining zombie films from the past few years, you'll love it! Here are all the competition details...

Halloween Competition #2:
[REC] Genesis

http://i.imgur.com/bdD2EtQl.jpg

One of the highlights of this year’s Film4 Frightfest in London, at which it will premiere on Friday, 24th August 2012, the long-awaited and highly anticipated third instalment of the planned four-part saga has finally arrived and, boy, was it worth the wait.

Key talent:

Directed by Paco Plaza (REC 1 and 2; Romasanta: The Werewolf Hunt) and starring Letitia Dolera (Man Push Cart; The Other Side Of The Bed), Diego Martin (I Want You), Claire Baschet (Delicacy) and Ismael Martinez (Carmen; Talk To Her).

Synopsis:

As the families and friends of Koldo and Clara gather outside the church in the bright Spanish sunshine just prior to the happy couple’s wedding, it seems that nothing could possibly cast a shadow on such a beautiful and joyous occasion. But when some of the guests start behaving oddly during the reception, it becomes apparent that all is not well. In no time at all, the party descends into a hellish scene of utter carnage as partygoers begin feeding on each other with a crazed bloodlust. Amidst the ensuing chaos, Koldo and Clara become separated as those still in control of their human minds and bodies seek whatever refuge they can find. Although apart, the newlyweds know deep in their hearts that each is still alive and set out on a desperate search for each other not fully realising that what should have been the happiest day of their lives could prove to be their last.

You'll Love It Because...

Paco Plaza, co-writer and co-director (with Jaume Belaguero) of the first two movies, goes it alone for this outing and breathes new life into the proceedings by bravely and totally unexpectedly giving the series a whole new spin. Closer in tone to “Shaun Of The Dead”, “Army Of Darkness” and “Braindead” that to its more sombre predecessors, it also introduces some truly iconic images, not least of which is the one of the movie’s bloodied heroine dressed in her revealingly torn bridal gown and wielding a chainsaw.

Hot Quotes:

“Awesome! Paco Plaza's Genesis is not only an unexpectedly brilliant pre-sequel to the first two parts, it’s also a pretty goofy and absolutely hilarious blast of a movie… hysterically funny scenes and loads of insane gore.” – HorrorMovieDiary.net.

“Entertaining blend of silliness and scares… provides a new outlook on the zombie franchise… a very effective balance of scares and comic relief.” – The Hollywood Reporter.

“Possibly the sweetest, most endearing film I’ve seen in quite some time; throat rips, chainsaws, gut munches and vicious possessed included.” – Fangoria.

“Beautiful, visceral and deadpan.” – Fangoria.

“The resulting gore and cartoonish violence are gleefully over-the-top… the highlight is undoubtedly a sequence in which Clara, in full bridal regalia, attacks her blood-hungry assailants with a chainsaw.” – Variety.

“Highly entertaining… gorgeously shot with magnificent widescreen vistas of carnage, supported by a thumping score from Mikel Salas.” – The Digital Fix.

“If anything, Genesis reinvents the series and expands on the universe it has created.” – LostInReviews.com.

“A blood-filled crowd-pleaser.” – CriterionCast.com.

“The acting is amazing, camera work and cinematography are outstanding, the settings look beautiful, the soundtrack is fun and it’s full of wonderful nods to genre classics from Peter Jackson, Sam Raimi and George Romero.” – HorrorMovieDiary.net.

“A highly entertaining and kick-ass zombie-gorefest.” – HorrorMovieDiary.net.

“Fun and bloody gore effects… bodies are torn apart, sawed in half and beheaded in arterial glory.” – FilmSchoolRejects.com.

“The madness hits the screen in frequent doses, and Genesis quickly turns into an action-laced gore-lovin’ horror flick that’s actually very sweet and romantic.” – FearNet.com

“Plaza is a great example of overseas directors who are still capable of adding their own spice to the boundless book of the undead, a flesh-eating group of miscreants that are remarkably more beloved than ever before.” – DreadCentral.com.

“Apocalyptic tale rife with gory kills involving chainsaws and industrial salsa blenders.” – DreadCentral.com.

-------------------------------------------

To win, simply let us know where the most original place or event for a Zombie outbreak would be.

Just pop your answer below!

Tomorrow, the best answer will be selected and the one lucky winner will win a copy of this excellent film on DVD/Blu-ray!

Good luck!

Kyle :zombie:

Make Them Die Slowly 19th October 2014 06:20 PM

In a maternity ward.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th October 2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 422172)
In a maternity ward.

Zombie babies sounds pretty cool. :zombie:

Susan Foreman 19th October 2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 422172)
In a maternity ward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 422173)
Zombie babies sounds pretty cool. :zombie:

Paging Peter Bark!

trebor8273 19th October 2014 07:50 PM

The House of Parliament! Would probally be the only zombie movie where you would be rooting for the zombies and the only time being turned into a zombie would vastly improve the victims personality

shel 19th October 2014 08:27 PM

I've always thought that a cruise ship would be a good zombie movie. You could have it so the world wide outbreak happens when it's right out at sea so they would have to make a decision whether to risk going back in land somewhere whilst simultaneously fighting off any sickness onboard whilst rationing food and supplies. Modern day cruise liners have gyms and other forms of leisure not to mention massive food stores to offer all inclusive meals so there would be enough to make it easy choice to stay out at sea in hopes of it blowing over but then in usual zombie movie style all would fall apart the longer they wait it out.

Sorry not a humerous answer, but I'm just surprised it hasn't been done before. I can imagine it having legs for a few seasons if done via TV show.

nosferatu42 19th October 2014 08:38 PM

In the Vatican, let's see how the Pope and all his judgemental minions deal with their own judgement day at the jaws of a zombie horde.:)
Obviously he'd call on the Mafia to help him out.:witchbrew:

Wait for the finale when the Pope goes apeshit with a chainsaw and machine gun combo and screams "kiss my ring you undead F*cks !!'
Backed up of course by his sexy nunchuck wielding kung fu kicking nun hit squad.;)
...Erm perhaps i'm getting a bit carried away here.:pumpkin:

:zombie: :skullscream:

trebor8273 19th October 2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 422189)
In the Vatican, let's see how the Pope and all his judgemental minions deal with their own judgement day at the jaws of a zombie horde.:)
Obviously he'd call on the Mafia to help him out.:witchbrew:

Wait for the finale when the Pope goes apeshit with a chainsaw and machine gun combo and screams "kiss my ring you undead F*cks !!'
Backed up of course by his sexy nunchuck wielding kung fu kicking nun hit squad.;)
...Erm perhaps i'm getting a bit carried away here.:pumpkin:

:zombie: :skullscream:

I would watch it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th October 2014 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 422184)
The House of Parliament! Would probally be the only zombie movie where you would be rooting for the zombies and the only time being turned into a zombie would vastly improve the victims personality

They wouldn't stand a chance against Malcolm Tucker.

Make Them Die Slowly 19th October 2014 10:30 PM

In an alternative zombie dimension where being dead is normal until a virus causes a healthy outbreak of the living to attack the undead.