Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2015

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th March 2015, 03:28 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Competition - [REC] Apocalypse - 17th March 2015 - FINISHED

Hi everyone,

Lots of great changes happening to the Cult Labs forums lately and the competitions will be altered in the coming weeks too, with many, many more chances of winning some great goodies.

Anyway, lets crack on with this week's competition - it's a bloody good prize!

You Could Win...

[REC] Apocalypse

“A bone-crunching end to a dead brilliant franchise”
The Hollywood News

Get ready for the blood-splattered final instalment of one of the most iconic franchises in contemporary horror – [REC]! And the horror’s about to come full circle, with the series’ original star and director – Manuela Velasco and Jaume Balagueró – returning for more terrifying fun, as the deadly demonic virus wreaks havoc on a voyage from hell!

Key talent:

Manuela Velasco ([REC], Velvet)
Ismael Fritschi
Paco Manzanedo
Héctor Colomé

Writer & Director
Jaume Balagueró ([REC], Quarantine)

Synopsis:

Following directly on from the brutal events in the doomed apartment building, TV reporter Ángela is rescued and taken to an oil tanker to undergo examination.

But unfortunately for the soldiers on board, Angela is carrying the seed of the mysterious demonic virus that turns its victims into mindless, bloodthirsty monsters. It’s only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose and the carnage begins again…

You'll Love It Because...

Not only is this one of the most revered modern horror franchises, it’s also one of the most innovative. With each installment it adds new twists and tricks, keeping the series fresh, relevant, and brilliantly brutal.

Now, with the return of both Manuela Velasco and Jaume Balagueró, the franchise has simultaneously returned to its claustrophobic roots and taken things in a completely new direction – what remains consistent though is its commitment to relentless horror, packing the story with nerve-shredding tension and buckets of gore.

Most of all though, [REC] Apocalypse has plenty of fun in the process and like the series overall, there’s no downtime – it’s all guts and axe-wielding glory, showing once again why the [REC] series put Spanish horror on the mainstream movie map.

Hot Quotes:

“Invoked a gag reflax more than once” – IGN

“One hell of a good time” – Fangoria

“Leaves nothing to the imagination” – Hollywood Reporter

“Immensely entertaining and dramatically satisfying” – Blu-ray.com

“A bone-crunching end to a dead brilliant franchise” - The Hollywood News

Special Features:

The Making of [REC] Apocalypse

[REC] Apocalypse is out now on DVD and Blu-ray! Visit here for more info.

To Win....

This competition is (un)dead simple. All you need to do to enter is just let us know where the absolute worst place to be stuck would be during a zombie outbreak.

Post your answer(s) below to enter. The three best entries will win a copy of [REC] Apocalypse on either DVD or Blu-ray (your choice) at the end of the competition on Monday 23rd March.

Be as crazy, as evil, as funny as you like. The locations could be real or from fiction - it's up to you.

Good luck everyone!

Kyle
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 17th March 2015, 03:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In the Big Brother house. See Dead Set. Ignoring that, imagine being stuck in that hole with various vacuous c*nts....being bitten would be a blessing haha.
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th March 2015, 06:07 PM
Cult Addict

In the Jobcentre, You'd probably need to fill in a form to breathe, fart or kill a zombie.
Then you'd probably have to fill a form in to say why your zombie killing skills weren't up to scratch.

On the (jobcentre)plus side i suppose you could always hide behind Lurch (the security Gorilla) and you'd have the opportunity to off a couple of those pedantic twats and say "Sorry they were turning and goin' for my brains, guv'nor".

Of course you'd probably have to then fill in a form to prove you had brains to begin with.
Hmm could be difficult to prove...
Demoncrat likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 17th March 2015, 06:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Justin Bieber concert, imagine trying to battle zombies with all those screaming girls on your team!
Hawkmonger likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th March 2015, 06:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
A Justin Bieber concert, imagine trying to battle zombies with all those screaming girls on your team!
Are you insinuating that Bieber fans AREN'T the zombies, Rik?

My vote for worst place to be? When you've just finished having a wank. Can you imagine being attacked by zombies when your in THAT state?

"Oh, hey guys. Er....just gimme a moment. Look, stop moving towards me like that. Seriously guys, I need to flush this Kleenex somewhere before my ma get's home. Look, I just finished up i'm not in the mood for love bite's right now!"

DVD and BD collection
Old 17th March 2015, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict

So you're a sewer dwelling waste cleaner/unblocker, underground and surrounded by stink and you have just arrived at a dead end where you're contracted to do a clean up job.

Listening to the radio you hear about the zombie apocalypse thats just started, turning to get out of there you hear a horde of zombies, splashing through the muck and heading in your direction.

Whichever way you look at it you're completely in the shit !!

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 17th March 2015, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Houses of Parlimant.
Can you imagine how ****ing hard it would be to decide scumbag politician you'd choose to push into the horde of zombies first!?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th March 2015, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As above, but Buckingham Palace!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 17th March 2015, 10:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
As above, but Buckingham Palace!
That's not very nice.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 17th March 2015, 10:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
So you're a sewer dwelling waste cleaner/unblocker, underground and surrounded by stink and you have just arrived at a dead end where you're contracted to do a clean up job.

Listening to the radio you hear about the zombie apocalypse thats just started, turning to get out of there you hear a horde of zombies, splashing through the muck and heading in your direction.

Whichever way you look at it you're completely in the shit !!
I would be more worried about Hawky's spunk rag landing on my head.

Like this? Share it using the links below!