Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > The Twilight Zone: Official UK Forum > Twilight Zone's Weekly Theme > Past Weekly Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2011, 11:09 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Scariest Twilight Zone Episode Of All Time?

So this week's dedicated theme is all things horror! Which raises one huge question...

What is the scariest TWILIGHT ZONE episode of all time...ever...in the history of mankind?

Perhaps its the evil Ventriloquist doll from The Dummy?

Or maybe it's that all time classic episode with William Shatner sharing a flight with an unwanted gremlin in Nightmare At 20,000 Feet?

Or maybe it's the less talked about, but still incredibly haunting, The Hitchiker who constantly appears along the side of the road, terrorising a young driver?

Or maybe it's something completly different!

Share yours and we'll have an ultimate horror themed Twilight Zone poll up next week!

Last edited by iluvdvds@Cult Labs; 18th October 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 18th October 2011, 02:15 PM
Cultist

Nightmare At 20,000 Feet gets my vote.

but my second - which I am not sure of the name, is the one where the lady is in the house constantly getting attacked by reams of tiny men.

Searching Tiny Men Twilight Zone brought up Season 2 Ep 15s The Invaders which I believe is it.
Old 19th October 2011, 07:35 AM
Cultist

Night Call gave me the creeps when I first watched it. It still does now to be honest.

Heeellllooooooo?

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 19th October 2011, 08:41 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'll be talking about the scary Twilight Zone episodes that have creeped me out over the years next week so I'm not going to give too much away, but I agree with Kyle - The Dummy gets me every time.

Ventriloquist dummies are scary at the best of times, but in the fifth dimension they're the scariest thing ever!

I know what my Halloween viewing will be...
Old 19th October 2011, 09:42 AM
Cultist

Talking dummys/inanimate objects is very creepy. Another one that gets me is Living Doll from Season 5.

"My name is Talky Tina, and I'm going to kill you."

Talky Tina haunts my dreams.

Fan of The Twilight Zone? Then check out The Collector's Room - a sci-fi series in true Twilight Zone fashion.
Old 19th October 2011, 07:14 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

So many great examples! Anything with a murderous doll in is automatically scary...most of the time!
Old 24th October 2011, 04:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Puppet is really creepy and scary, simply because it's a ventriloquist's doll, things which are scarier the best of times, never mind in the Fifth Dimension!

Although I don't suffer from fear of flying, I find Nightmare at 20,000 Feet to be extremely effective, as is the section in Twilight Zone: The Movie, with a brilliant performance by John Lithgow. Also, The Simpsons spoof/homage whereby it is terrorised by a demonic creature on the school bus is excellent.
Old 24th October 2011, 09:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

TO SERVE MAN without a doubt.
There's something sinister about being on the menu for aliens.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!