Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Past Weekly Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Twilight Zone Spoofs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/past-weekly-discussions/7158-twilight-zone-spoofs.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 9th November 2011 08:15 PM

Twilight Zone Spoofs

Carrying on with this week's topic of comedy and The Twilight Zone, here's a thread dedicated to the many spoofs out there of the show. Of course, there's the brilliant work by Matt Groening - as shown by Sarah a couple of weeks ago. But what else comes to mind? Have you seen any others?

Here's a spoof. It's not funny, but it's John Candy.

Twilight Zone parody John Candy Dave Thomas Buck Henry The New Show - YouTube

Sarah@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 09:31 AM

This skit from The Jack Benny Show (1959/60ish) featuring Rod Serling is pretty funny. Jack Benny gets sucked into the Twilight Zone after telling Rod Serling he doesn't believe in it and that Serling's writing makes no sense!

(Although there is an absolutely awful bit of racial stereotyping going on that is typical of "comedy" of the time but the rest of the clip is very funny...)

Demoncrat 10th November 2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs (Post 196577)
This skit from The Jack Benny Show (1959/60ish) featuring Rod Serling is pretty funny. Jack Benny gets sucked into the Twilight Zone after telling Rod Serling he doesn't believe in it and that Serling's writing makes no sense!

(Although there is an absolutely awful bit of racial stereotyping going on that is typical of "comedy" of the time but the rest of the clip is very funny...)

"..oasis, the softest taste of all..." how true....;);)

The Collector's Room 10th November 2011 01:09 PM

I posted this a little while back, but a skit from SNL with Jude Law and Pearl Jam.

Twilight Zone SNL Skit (With Jude Law and Pearl Jam) - YouTube

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 11th November 2011 08:41 PM

A brilliant spoof there! I'm not a fan of most SNL stuff, but that's not a bad skit. Still, I think the king of the Twilight Zone spoof has got to be, without contest, Matt Groening!

When I was thinking of this thread, a memory popped into my head from out of nowhere! Does anyone remember this Twiglet's advert from the 90s? The Twiglet Zone! I can't believe I remember it - it's not exactly memorable, and I was only 5 when it aired!

Jacob's Twiglets - Return to The Twiglet Zone - 1995 UK TV Advert - YouTube

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th February 2012 06:50 PM

Just came across this spoof completly by accident - great stuff from Jim Carrey :p

Jim Carrey - Vortex of Fear - YouTube

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th February 2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 220363)
Just came across this spoof completly by accident - great stuff from Jim Carrey :p

Jim Carrey - Vortex of Fear - YouTube

Haha, loved that.

Pete 27th February 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 196998)
A brilliant spoof there! I'm not a fan of most SNL stuff, but that's not a bad skit. Still, I think the king of the Twilight Zone spoof has got to be, without contest, Matt Groening!

When I was thinking of this thread, a memory popped into my head from out of nowhere! Does anyone remember this Twiglet's advert from the 90s? The Twiglet Zone! I can't believe I remember it - it's not exactly memorable, and I was only 5 when it aired!

Jacob's Twiglets - Return to The Twiglet Zone - 1995 UK TV Advert - YouTube

I remember that! I've not seen it since it originally aired and at the time I realise it was a TZ spoof.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 3rd March 2012 07:19 PM

They don't come weirder than this - Clones of You : Rick Cormier : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive - Spoofing The Twilight Zone and The Carpenters 'Close To You' :p