Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Phenomena - How You Discovered It (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4526-phenomena-how-you-discovered.html)

skyofcrack 2nd February 2011 07:39 PM

Back in the mid-1980's, I had not yet seen any of Dario's film's. My only exposure to his work was through articles in Fangoria and Cinefantastique. The main article was, "The Butchering of Argento," by Tim Lucas which ran through all of his films on video and what was cut from them. Of course, it said that Phenomena was cut 28 minutes. 82 down from 110. I must've read this article a hundred times as I tried to track down copies of these films in any form.

Cut to: Early 1990's. I was working on a film and the editor and I were talking about horror movies. The subject of Argento came up and he said he had ALL of his films on tape UNCUT. Did I want to want to borrow them. I spent the next two weekends pouring over the tapes. Looking back, I wish I had copied them. Later (1996) I found a place called Eddie Brandt where I purchased my own copies.

After that I got the Laserdiscs from The Roan Group in the late '90's then the DVD's from Anchor Bay.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd February 2011 08:23 PM

I take it you like Dario Argento's films then!

Jonny114 10th February 2011 03:56 PM

As it was an Dario Argento film. I discovered it by looking for films by this amazing Director.

godflesh101 11th February 2011 02:19 PM

I'm almost certain that Phenomena, or Creepers, was reviews on Film 85 (?) on the BBC, but not by the regular host Barry Norman, who would have panned it anyway, but by stand in host Michael Parkinson. Who panned it anyway!

I'd have been 14 at the time and I'm not sure I was an argento fan at the time - I was buying Fango around that period.

Almar@Cult Labs 11th February 2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godflesh101 (Post 127562)
I'm almost certain that Phenomena, or Creepers, was reviews on Film 85 (?) on the BBC, but not by the regular host Barry Norman, who would have panned it anyway, but by stand in host Michael Parkinson. Who panned it anyway!

I'd have been 14 at the time and I'm not sure I was an argento fan at the time - I was buying Fango around that period.

Parky reviewing Creepers - what a thought!

skankenstoned 12th February 2011 11:28 PM

I had vague recollections of seeing a movie with a chimp and a maggot infested pool of body parts from my childhood and the name Creepers was ringing bells when I purchased the Ultimate Shockfest box-set late last year and got to see it again but it had been so long it was pretty much all new to me. Thanks guys for continuing to give us what we really want in a DVD release, roll on 7th of March!

Bringer Of Funerals 18th March 2011 06:08 PM

I haven't seen the film yet

mr 420 18th March 2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 136746)
I haven't seen the film yet

You are in for such a treat my friend. I wish it was me.:)

Bringer Of Funerals 18th March 2011 06:20 PM

im buying it this Sunday

mr 420 18th March 2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 136755)
im buying it this Sunday

You'll be on here on Monday raving about how good it is.;):woot: