Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th January 2013, 11:47 PM
Cultist

Default Most Underrated Character?

I feel there are many characters out there who do not seem to get the recognition they deserve. Many of my personal favourites seem to have fallen under the radar but were such fantastic characters.

People like Brandy Carter for example...she was simply ace but she gets little attention...she did have a short stint but definitely should have gotten longer!

Also, Joyce Barry/Pringle is waaay underrated! As is Daphne Graham!
Old 11th January 2013, 04:27 PM
Cultist

I'd say Minnie Donovan - I know there are a lot of fans who did not like her but I thought the character worked really well and was sorry when she was written out after a mere 30 or so episodes. I enjoyed her stint as top dog and think it's a shame that the character was never brought back for a second stint in the programme's later years.

Also, Maggie May Kennedy. Again, not a firm favourite with many of the show's viewers but I thought she provided good comedy value at Wentworth during her time there. An underrated character imo.
Old 14th January 2013, 03:37 PM
Cultist

i think there are lots of under rated characters, which is a shame they get no recognition, I'm willing to agree on Minnie Donovan - she had her moments, but Maggie-May?!?! Madness!!! lol, to each their own!

i understand some characters being under rated, theres a huge divide for fans amongst who is a better governor Erica Davidson and Anne Reynolds and it seems that people either Love or hate Helen Smart, it's all up to personal choice, but some are almost criminally underused, which is a shame...

Some of my Picks include, but are not limited to...

Inmates:

Marilyn Mason
Brandy Carter
Sharon Gilmore
Clara Goddard
Barbara Fields
Zara Moonbeam
Barbie Davidson
Belinda Johns
Leigh Templer
Ettie Parslow
Queenie Marshall
she should have got a MUCH Longer storyline....

Staff:

Jean Vernon
Steve Faulkner
Greg Miller
Len Murphy

Len's about the only really underused one here, but all of them are really overlooked... and Jean was so abruptly gone it's a shame her storyline wasn't finished satisfactorily.

my two underrated and terribly underused are The Beast and The Angel :

Beverly Baker
Angel Adams

it's such a shame so many of these characters are overlooked, you mention Prisoner and people automatically think of Joan, Bea, Lizzie and Meg, but for me, some of these other characters made watching the show essential viewing.... still, at least i can enjoy watching them over and over

JL
Old 14th January 2013, 08:10 PM
Cultist

Hmm...I think I would agree with most of your characters but I did not really like Zara Moonbeam, Belinda Johns or Barbie Davidson.

I found the Moonbeam character quite funny but just a little too silly for my liking. Actually, what I enjoyed most about her was everyone else's reaction to her...especially Joanie's.....LOL.....Moonshine...or whatever your name is. HAHAHAHAHA.
Old 16th October 2013, 11:24 AM
Cult Rookie

Funny, the character that immediately came to my mind was Minnie Donovan too. I thought she was fantastic. Shame she left so soon.

Like this? Share it using the links below!