Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andra Jai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2012, 12:58 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Edna Pearson & UK PCBH Releases

I am collecting the new UK Prisoner volumes. What are the chances of SHOCK being persueded to release the uncut Edna Pearson episodes as part of the standard volumes? I don't mind buying the separate Edna Pearson DVD, but would much prefer the story to run properly in the main volumes. I know that so far they have just repressed the Australian release, but I guess there would be a high demand for the volume(s) which includes the story, so this would probably be cost effective.

What do other people think?

Stuart
Old 4th February 2012, 03:50 AM
Cultist

My guess would be they won't as it would involve re-compiling discs which they probably wouldnt feel the need to pay to be done..
but happy to be proved wrong
Old 13th February 2012, 11:32 AM
Cult Rookie

Hi, first post here...

I really hope they do. I just bought Vol 1-10 and and it does seem silly to have to buy both the cut and uncut eps. I think it shows respect to us as consumers to include the corrected disks in the official season sets.
Old 8th March 2012, 05:10 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Boy Dazza View Post
I think it shows respect to us as consumers to include the corrected disks in the official season sets.
I couldn't agree more!
Old 23rd March 2012, 04:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

This is a question that I'm sure many of us would like the answer to, is there any way that someone official here could contact the distributor and pose this question.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 23rd March 2012, 04:13 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
This is a question that I'm sure many of us would like the answer to, is there any way that someone official here could contact the distributor and pose this question.

I've asked them this before Sam and never got a reply. I'll contact them again and let you all know as soon as I get (if I get) a response.
Old 19th April 2012, 04:58 PM
Cultist

I bought the Edna Pearson uncut eps when they were released so am not bothered either way.

I enjoyed the Edna story by the way, especially when we discover that she is not the innocent, sweet little old lady she pretends to be. Her hubby is a fool!

A great performance by actress, Vivean Gray who had starred in The Sullivans as Ida Jessop and later went on to even greater fame as busybody, Mrs Mangel in Neighbours (filmed in the same studios as Prisoner)

I cannot remember what the original 'cut' episodes were like but am guessing that these must have been substantially edited given that, from watching the uncut version, the Edna Pearson arc was a major storyline running through about 4 weeks worth of episodes.

Even though I'm aware that the series was generally taped 5 or 6 months in advance, depending on the part of Australia you lived in, I can imagine that this must have seriously affected the production schedule of Prisoner as it would have reduced the lead to air date of episodes being recorded by around a month, given the amount of scenes which must have ended up on the cutting room floor.

To compensate for this, does anyone know whether Grundys / Ten over time started recording above and beyond the 2 episodes a week to restore the lead to air date of episodes to what it had been prior to the Edna Pearson debacle?.

Also, I've always thought it odd that Prisoner episodes were recorded so far in advance of their broadcast dates. For example, how could producers know whether characters would be a hit with viewers and if they should keep them in the show or not?

Like this? Share it using the links below!