Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   PCBH Fans!!We Need You!! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/prisoner-cell-block-h-official-uk-dvd-forum/7754-pcbh-fans-we-need-you.html)

Libby and the calacaines 24th January 2012 05:21 PM

PCBH Fans!!We Need You!!

hep peeps
Libby here.
how is everyone?
me and the crew at maplejack records might be working on a PCBH album for the cast in the near future.
i will be writing and performing all the songs and i was wondering if anyone would like to give us suggestions on which characters from the series you would like sung about?
Bea and Vera's songs have been finished and will be recorded in two months time.
send your suggested characters in a reply to me personally and i will write them down,ready for the writing process.
i only need 6 more characters to write about for this album so i will leave it up to you guys.
the most 6 character names suggested will be used for the album.
best of luck

TinegarVits 26th January 2012 07:11 AM

Lizzie!

I think it would be beautiful to have a song in honour of Lizzie Birdsworth, she was a unique character with an amazing vocabulary that could be used in the song. It would be a fitting tribute to Sheila's life.

Cal2008 26th January 2012 09:55 PM

Myra, rita, meg, joan, ann, erica, lou, judy also will you be doing a cover of on the inside?

Libby and the calacaines 27th January 2012 12:08 AM

"on the inside" reply

I will indeed be doing a cover of "on the inside" cal2008.
it will be performed and played the way lyn hamilton would want it too...no fancy shticks,beats,watering down.
i will be keeping true to the song so there will be no major changes in the way it was written :nod::rockon::dance:

Cal2008 27th January 2012 11:08 AM

Will your release be on cd and download?

Libby and the calacaines 27th January 2012 04:01 PM

CD/Download

well,right now as it stands it will only be released onto cd for the time being.
obviously,the album is being made for the cast of the show so naturally they will be sent the albums to first.
we will have limited cd's for the fans but as soon as i know how many we will be making for them i shall post this on here and on my official twitter page as well as my official youtube page:cool:
as for a download,could well be on the cards but not set in stone as of yet:clap:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 27th January 2012 04:05 PM

This all sounds very exciting, Libby! I wish you all the luck with it! :)

You've gotta have songs for the biggies, Vinegar Tits, The Freak, Queen Bea, Lizzy, Meg and Judy. I'd personally love to hear a song dedicated to the not-quite-all-their Agnes Forster but that's probably very unlikely :laugh:

Cal2008 27th January 2012 04:37 PM

I will diff want to buy your cd.

Libby and the calacaines 27th January 2012 07:08 PM

iluvdvds

agnes forster we are thinking,might be a separate project for sometime in the near future along with the other quiet,reserved character types in the show,you never know,i never rule things like these out:clap:
thankyou all so much for your continued support and well wishes:rockon:
i am trying to contact the cast to let them know about the project.
i have emailed Val Lehman about it and i have also contacted Fiona spence.
if anyone has any contact info for the rest of the cast please let me know:)

Libby and the calacaines 28th January 2012 07:48 AM

to clarify

hi all,
had a bit of a nasty person on the PCBH facebook page say that i am cashing in on the show...i am not,at all!!
i am doing this in my own time,i do not want any money from it and i am not asking for any money from the fans either.
i am making this album as an appreciation to all the casts hard work and a tribute to their characters.
i am sorry if i have offended anyone in the process,this was not my intent.:confused:
please pass this message along:confused:

Wilf 28th January 2012 07:38 PM

Marie Winter, please.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 28th January 2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby and the calacaines (Post 212443)
hi all,
had a bit of a nasty person on the PCBH facebook page say that i am cashing in on the show...i am not,at all!!
i am doing this in my own time,i do not want any money from it and i am not asking for any money from the fans either.
i am making this album as an appreciation to all the casts hard work and a tribute to their characters.
i am sorry if i have offended anyone in the process,this was not my intent.:confused:
please pass this message along:confused:

Ignore that person, Libby! There's always one...

It's a fantastic idea and has got so much potentional. So I say, ignore whoever said that and have some fun! :nod: It'll be brilliant when it's all complete :)

Libby and the calacaines 1st February 2012 07:18 PM

UPDATE!!

:woot: hello my fellow cultlabians
the PCBH album is coming along nicely,still have a long way to go yet but it is all well worth it i assure you.;)
for copyright reasons however,i might have to change the name,i don't know to what yet but i am sure i could think of something,maybe rename it "on the inside" or something to that effect,i don't know.
any suggestions?
i will keep you all posted on things as and when they happen:clap:
peace,love and rockets xox

Cal2008 1st February 2012 07:27 PM

Maybe you called call it pcbh or h block swingers.

Libby and the calacaines 4th February 2012 06:15 PM

ALBUM NAME CHANGE

Hey all:pop2:
another quick update on the PCBH album.
Val lehman and i had a little chat about the album a few days ago.
we have decided to change the name to "Behind Bars" instead.
and the design is a little different but i promise you it looks superb:clap::clap:
so far we have had lots of request for your favorite characters,please keep your suggestions coming as we have decided that if your character does not get chosen,i may make a volume 2 that could include your fave on this 2nd one so please keep em coming:rockon:
all the best

Libs xox

Libby and the calacaines 9th February 2012 10:57 PM

DEADLINE,HURRY,HURRY!!

Hey all
we have a request deadline for your fave characters.
please go to the PCBH Page on Facebook or go to LibJ Music on Youtube to see the deadline :eek::shocked:
just one more week and we will be announcing the characters who will be featured on the PCBH Tribute Album "Behind Bars"
Very excited!!!:dance::nod::rockon:

Almar@Cult Labs 10th February 2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby and the calacaines (Post 215534)
Hey all
we have a request deadline for your fave characters.
please go to the PCBH Page on Facebook or go to LibJ Music on Youtube to see the deadline :eek::shocked:
just one more week and we will be announcing the characters who will be featured on the PCBH Tribute Album "Behind Bars"
Very excited!!!:dance::nod::rockon:

Well done with this project - it's a great idea and to my mind helps keep a great but now very old show fresh and relevant and might just get new people into it - I wish you all the very best with it. Please do keep us updated here with progress.

Libby and the calacaines 10th February 2012 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thankyou so much and i will most certainly keep you updated with current events.
the deadline for requests is Wednesday 15th February and the announcements will be on Monday 20th February:rockon:

on another side note,i have attached this funny pic i made the other day on vera and bea:lol:

Libby and the calacaines 19th February 2012 03:25 PM

MONDAY IS ANNOUNCEMENT DAY!!

Gday PCBH Fans,Tomorrow is the big announcement for the PCBH Tribute album "Behind Bars" :woot::woot:,characters for the album have been chosen and tomorrow you will all find out who made the cut!!be here tomorrow to see if your favorite made the album!!
see you all tomorrow :)
i know i am excited about the big reveal,how about you!?:clap::rockon::woot::dance:

Libby

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th February 2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby and the calacaines (Post 218121)
Gday PCBH Fans,Tomorrow is the big announcement for the PCBH Tribute album "Behind Bars" :woot::woot:,characters for the album have been chosen and tomorrow you will all find out who made the cut!!be here tomorrow to see if your favorite made the album!!
see you all tomorrow :)
i know i am excited about the big reveal,how about you!?:clap::rockon::woot::dance:

Libby

Wahey! Fantastic news Libby :woot: Can't wait till tomorrow!

Libby and the calacaines 20th February 2012 04:15 PM

Today Is THE Day!!!

Today is the day Prisoner fans!!we extended the list so more of your faves will be included on the album,here are your gals:

-Bea Smith
-Vera Bennett
-Judy Bryant
-Erica Davidson
-Rita "the beater" Connors
-Joan "the freak" Ferguson
-Franky Doyle
-Doreen Anderson
-Myra Desmond
-Lizzie Birdsworth
-Lou Kelly
-Chrissie Latham
-Meg Jackson/Morris
-Lexie Patterson

Thanyou all for sending your request's,it means a great deal to me to have your support.
now it's off to the grindstone and we can get this ball rolling,i am very excited and hope that when it's finished you will love what you hear :0D

Gav.76 25th February 2012 03:00 AM

Wow Libby!!!
This all sounds sooooo awesome!!!!!! Will keep a lookout for updates on your progress :nod:

Best of luck!!!! We all look forward to hearing the finished product!! :rockon: