Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets > Prisoner: Cell Block H - Vol 12 (Episodes 353 - 384)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2012, 03:10 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Vol 12 - Share Your Thoughts Of It Here!

As you know, Volume 12 of Prisoner: Cell Block H is OUT NOW! So, here's a thread for you to share your thoughts, opinions and comments on what you make of this volume. Are you gripped as much as I am to all the storylines? There's plenty of strange ones in this set

What about the extras?

Whatever you think, share your thoughts here!

Prisoner: Cell Block H - Volume 12 is out now on DVD! Order yours from either...

- Amazon

- HMV

- Play
Old 14th March 2012, 04:11 PM
Cult Rookie

On ep 379 on the last part from the joan of arc pixie bit to end of ep you hear them speak before there mouths speak its on the au release to.
Old 14th March 2012, 07:39 PM
Cultist in Training

got mine Monday. 4 discs in. Nola has been shot dead smack dab in the middle of her head. good riddance. wish someone would do the same with Maxine Daniels. most annoying character ever. she's just a pathetic baby. hate her.
Old 14th March 2012, 07:46 PM
Cultist in Training

btw.. what is R.S... it has been mentioned twice in episodes on box set #12 in regards to being tired or sleeping in late ??
Old 15th March 2012, 08:28 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
btw.. what is R.S... it has been mentioned twice in episodes on box set #12 in regards to being tired or sleeping in late ??
I believe it means "Rat Shit"
Old 17th March 2012, 03:03 PM
Cultist

I didn't buy mine until Thursday & so far I'm only two discs into the boxset.

I'm enjoying the scenes with Bea and Doreen on location in Sydney. Thought it was hilarious when Bea was skivvying for the high and mighty, toffee nosed Mrs Hanlon -she seemed well and truly pissed off (Yes Mrs Hanlon, No Mrs Hanlon, three bags bloody full Mrs Hanlon).

It also brought home that the action set inside WDC generally has a timeless feel to it. It's only when the cameras venture beyond the maximium security gates that you realise that this is a programme that was shot in 1983.
Old 21st March 2012, 10:09 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Governor View Post
It also brought home that the action set inside WDC generally has a timeless feel to it. It's only when the cameras venture beyond the maximium security gates that you realise that this is a programme that was shot in 1983.
how true is that, i agree! it is timeless inside..

nice to see some of Sydney in the background of those scenes too!
Old 31st March 2012, 04:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Default The End Is Nigh?

From the beginning of this set there is such a high turnover of characters, which if i remember carries on for the duration of the series. Brandy vastly underused, but really likeable in part echoing the Marylin/Eddie story from the beginning. Sadly the same cant be said for the impending Petra/Scott (Karen/Greg) storyline!
The only notable highlights being Nola and her stunning demise
and the arrival of one of the last true greats- Pixie!
Old 15th April 2012, 08:07 PM
Cultist

Well, I've just finished watching vol 12, roll on volume 13 (hopefully, not too long to wait now )!

Things have been a little quiet of late for the Freak with Ferguson having been little more than a speaking extra for most of the second half of this boxset. Let's hope she gets back into the thick of the action in volume 13 with the exit of Bea Smith and the arrival of the ice maiden, super cool villainess Sonia Stevens.

Nevertheless, vol 12 contained some good stuff not least the Laura / Brandy Carter character and I thought actress, Roslyn Gentle was scarily convincing as the two very different personalities. She delivered such a good performance in fact that I'm a little surprised that I can't recall it at all from watching it the first time round but I don't.

I also really enjoyed one of the final plots in volume 12 involving Meg, her son Marty and his friend (and Meg's stalker) the deranged Dennis. It was scary!!!!

Interesting also to see the number of actors who had been displaced from Sydney based soap, The Young Doctors which had been canned just months earlier turning up in volume 13 episodes of the Melbourne based prison saga.

Judy McBurney who had just completed a six year stint as Sister Tania Livingstone in the hospital based soap opera arrived at Wentworth as the ditzy bigamist, Pixie Mason.

Nick Holland (Dr Matt Blake) appears as Peter Shannon who is helping Helen Smart to de-progamme her sister and Julie Nihill (Nurse Linda Wilson) - later to find even greater fame in Blue Heelers - appears as the unfortunate girl who Dennis meets in the pub.

Not forgetting of course, Young Doctors' director, Chris Connelly who gives an eerily scary performance as Meg's psychotic stalker, Dennis.

Like this? Share it using the links below!